15 mustang. GT or ecoboost?

SHOdown220

Established Member
To clear up a few things, either car would run premium fuel. And I drive so little fuel isn't really an issue anyways. Warranty is basically shot either way as I'm a firm believer in the benefits of a tune on a turbo car or a NA car. I had a 93 octane tune on my 06 and it was a big difference in how the car drove vs stock.

I'm considering looking for a used 13/14 GT as well. I could pick a lightly used one in my price range. The wife hasn't signed off on a new mustang... yet. May just have to pick one up and ask for forgiveness later lol

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
To clear up a few things, either car would run premium fuel. And I drive so little fuel isn't really an issue anyways. Warranty is basically shot either way as I'm a firm believer in the benefits of a tune on a turbo car or a NA car. I had a 93 octane tune on my 06 and it was a big difference in how the car drove vs stock.

If your goal is 350-400whp why would you void your warranty with a GT when it isn't necessary?

SHOdown220 said:
The wife hasn't signed off on a new mustang... yet. May just have to pick one up and ask for forgiveness later lol

It's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission lol.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
with everything you've said I would still definitely get a GT, whether it be a 13-15. You can find some great deals on a 13/14 with low mileage. Check out some of the cars in the marketplace on here, there are some nicely modified with low miles going for very cheap. I probably would of gone that route if I were in the market today.

I would probably go with a 15 premium if you could swing the payment (those cooled seats tho), but if the wife is gonna smack your peepee for spending that much then I would probably go with a lightly used 13/14 GT with recaro's and brembo's and be just as happy.

SHOdown220

Established Member
If your goal is 350-400whp why would you void your warranty with a GT when it isn't necessary?

It's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission lol.

The power isn't even my biggest reason, I always hated the electronic throttle on my 06 (maybe they have gotten better I'm not sure) but the tune completely changed the throttle response. Made driving the car way different. The car just really behaved different with the tune. Plus I'm prone to going to O/R pipes and the tune will take care of that pesky mil.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The power isn't even my biggest reason, I always hated the electronic throttle on my 06 (maybe they have gotten better I'm not sure) but the tune completely changed the throttle response. Made driving the car way different. The car just really behaved different with the tune. Plus I'm prone to going to O/R pipes and the tune will take care of that pesky mil.

IMO wait until you can get a '15 model, whether it's a GT or EB. It's a much better car. If you really want a GT don't settle and just wait until you can afford it. It'll be worth the wait.

SHOdown220

Established Member
IMO wait until you can get a '15 model, whether it's a GT or EB. It's a much better car. If you really want a GT don't settle and just wait until you can afford it. It'll be worth the wait.

Thanks for the input throughout this thread, you have been helpful, especially coming from an owner of a 15.

Rios302

Established Member
You're better off buying an import then. Now way in hell I would spend that much money on a mustang and it only have 4 or 6 cylinders. Sure..it may have a turbo, but it's still a 4 or 6 cylinder mustang
Your money your problem, his money, not your money.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Besides, they would have to prove under Magnuson/Moss that the tune caused the part to fail.

You'd be surprised how strict some dealers are. You really think they have to prove anything? LOL they can void it any time they want and I've seen it happen. Then YOU have to go through all the trouble of fighting it. Good luck with all that. It's a gigantic hassle.

yeah been there done that lol. they just tell you to go pound sand and then good luck finding a lawyer you will take your case on a contingency basis.

Yep because nobody mods a GT right??? Or are you saying because it's an all mighty V8 that you can mod it and ford will still warranty it because it's a V8 lol

he can buy a 5.0 and not mod it at all. and still be above or at a modded ecoboost.

the ecoboost cars are pretty new. is it really known yet if the clutch, trans, rear end/etc... will hold up to 100+ hp?

ive gone the cheaper route before with the plans of upgrading the car to match the top model. to save $ with the cost of the car. as have others ive known. everyone has always regretted it later and said i should have just bought the better car to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread