14GT base gauge cluster swapped for 14 premium gauges w/track apps.

ajpturbo

Established Member
I know i'm a noob but I work in parts @ a Ford dealer in Norman, OK. Just spoke to my parts manager and they require us to send back the exact same cluster we buy UNLESS theres been a part number change. Then it has to be one of the previous part numbers.

Well that's a dealer that wouldn't be selling a cluster to a potential customer then......Not all the dealers have that policy...Maybe that's another reason online parts dealers are becoming more popular then...Plenty of dealers are willing to accept the GT Cluster for Boss cluster.

ajpturbo

Established Member
Thats the policy we're given by Ford Motor Co. when ordering gauge clusters. We have zero control over it.

That may be but many dealers dont care trust me....many others including myself have already exchanged clusters that were different

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
That may be but many dealers dont care trust me....many others including myself have already exchanged clusters that were different

Like I said earlier, Steve told me that annoucement had just come down from Ford, so it appears that they are catching on to what is happening. All I can say is try and do a core swap again and see if they accept it.

ajpturbo

Established Member
My core is 300..did it 3 days ago...it depends on what it was when u purchased the cluster....dirty not everyone plays by the rules is all i can tell you

ajpturbo

Established Member
You found a very gracious dealer lol. Im not willing to take an almost $900 hit if it all backfires.

Im not the only one there are plenty that have already done it...and the parts guy already knew what we were doing and he said no problem...do u want me to tell u who to call?.....also the cluster goes for 482...so i paid 782 then got 300 back

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Ford has caught wind of the swap (of course) and is being dicks about it when trying to locate a cluster.

Its better to find a user cluster, and do the swap that way.

Here are some facts
1. If you update the PCM part number, and you have a tuner, you must be stock first! Then you will need your tunes updated. (I can help with this)
2. You can swap the 13/14 cluster into a 11/12 with or without a pcm flash. If you decide against pcm flash you will need a custom Black Box (I'm the creator of this)
3. You can swap the premium cluster into any trim 11+. (So if you have 13 base, you can swap in the cluster).
4. You have a 50/50 chance of needing another ABS module. To know for sure you need to know your current ABS module PN.
5. AliExpress is the best place to get the VCM II right now. They have them for $159 on sale (its a steal for what you get).

-Matt

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
My core is 300..did it 3 days ago...it depends on what it was when u purchased the cluster....dirty not everyone plays by the rules is all i can tell you

You're right, but when the rules and the fences to get around those rules are getting higher, it gets harder. On Facebook the other day core charges are up to $500 now....per Ford.

AZMcLovin

Established Member
I have this posted in the GT500 section here, as well as on Mustang Source, but figured I'd share with you guys since I have a '12 GT.

I used a GT500 Cluster because I wanted to retain MyColor, have the shift light feature, and the boost gauge for when I decide to go FI.

Now if only Matt could get the Launch Control function to work! :-D :dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:

Last edited:

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Nice!!

Really wish there was a "barney style" DIY for this retrofit with step by step instructions. I would pull the trigger on it in a heart beat but I don't feel that comfortable with the programming since I have never used IDS.

-Nick

AZMcLovin

Established Member
Nice!!

Really wish there was a "barney style" DIY for this retrofit with step by step instructions. I would pull the trigger on it in a heart beat but I don't feel that comfortable with the programming since I have never used IDS.

-Nick

Honestly, neither did I. I had to sit on the phone with BlueEyedSnake for almost an hour to get the programming right.

Users who are viewing this thread