14GT base gauge cluster swapped for 14 premium gauges w/track apps.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
So there is this thread where a guy figured out how to swap 14 GT track app gauges into an 11 GT.

13 guage cluster into the 11-12? - Page 31 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

There are a few parts that you need to buy for the 2011, but they are already on the 14. Im wondering if all you need to do would be to get the gauges and the steering wheel controls, then have the dealer program the gauges and mileage into the new one. Anyone have any info on doing this for a base 14?

Should be simple for an already 14 GT.

C5Reeper

Established Member
Sub'd, looks like they work in 2012 GT as well. Now I'm just hoping to see if they work in '12 base, cause if so it looks like I'm about to spend some dough.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I need to follow this. Since day 1 I have been wanting to swap in a Track Apps cluster, I just hope it's not going to cost $1K or more to do so.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I read that thread last week, and it was pretty involved and cost quite a bit…. Unless things have changed in a week, I'll pass….but then again I have an '11….so for you 13-14 guys, it might be worth while.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I read that thread last week, and it was pretty involved and cost quite a bit…. Unless things have changed in a week, I'll pass….but then again I have an '11….so for you 13-14 guys, it might be worth while.
That's what I'm hoping is that having a '13 saves me a little. :lol1:

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
That's what I'm hoping is that having a '13 saves me a little. :lol1:

From what I read, there are also different gauges from 13 to 14. And you would need 13 gauges and the 13 steering wheel or steering wheel controls. And I would need the 14 stuff for mine. Then it would need to be programmed from the dealer.

fordguy1

Established Member
just put a premium cluster (and OK switch) in a base 2014 GT..had to use vin from a 2014 manual premium model for cluster as-built data,PMI on pcm with IDS(which updated PCM to latest calibration,) parameter reset and program keys................traction light,brake light and ABS light on after install...installed ABS as-built data from the premium model ,cleared DTC;s everything works and all warning lights off.......

fordguy1

Established Member
side note...had a BAMA SCT tune which I put back to stock before starting...tried to reload tune,SCT would not load said ECU unsupported tried to update firmware on SCT tuner and tuner died....***

fordguy1

Established Member
test drive retest for DTCs... none...but noticed VIN on IDS was from premium model...reset pcm to correct vin....ABS, traction and brake lights come back on. had to reinstall as-built data for ABS module from premium model again...all good......except for the friggin SCT tuner I hope SCT can repair..

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Where does one acquire a Track Apps Instrument cluster for a base GT? Will these swap out and all the Track App functions work on a base GT????

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The more I read into the process, the more I'm liking and thinking of doing this. Just hope I can find a premium cluster.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Where does one acquire a Track Apps Instrument cluster for a base GT? Will these swap out and all the Track App functions work on a base GT????

You will need to get a VIN from a premium GT same year as the cluster you want. (13 and 14 have different faces). Then order that and the steering wheel buttons at the same time. Then you can either take that to the dealer and see if they will install them and enter the as-built data from the other VIN (not yours) and then relearn the PATs to get the keys to work. If not then you can buy the $200 VCMII flash tool from online and do it your self. Then sell that tool to the next guy. Pretty easy and not as expensive as you would think.

$450 for gauges - after core return
$19 steering wheel buttons
$200 flash tool or around half that for dealer labor. If they charge you more than one hour I'd bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread