14 Camaro SS 1LE vs 15 Mustang GT PP

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Went to a meet, agreed on a couple of runs with a 15 5.0 guy...

5.0: CAI, tune.
SS: LTs, CAI, ported TB, tune.

We did a 35ish roll, then a 55ish and finally another 35ish..

Sorry for the poor quality, two black cars, middle of the night, yeah quality sucks...

[youtube_browser]xYbHzqzGzkE[/youtube_browser]

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
He definitely could benefit from some exhaust work. GTs seem to trasform after getting rid of the cats. I cant wait to get rid of my cats and get a catback as well.

Thanks man. What do you mean?

You probably would gave edged out a s197 with those same mods. Being the s550's are a little heavier the outcome is no surprise.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You probably would gave edged out a s197 with those same mods. Being the s550's are a little heavier the outcome is no surprise.

I see... Stock for stock... The older 5.0s are faster than the new ones, but once you start modding, the 15 GT responds better. At least thats what Im seeing.

I just raced a 14 5.0 with CAI, X-pipe, muffler deletes and tune a week ago and also beat him. Video is in the previous pics and vids thread I posted.

D1SC_GT

Banned
Here we go again with ZYBORG. This guy is the epitome of beating cars he shouldn't (not saying this is the case in these vids). The absolute mastery of mod lying

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
but once you start modding, the 15 GT responds better. At least thats what Im seeing.

Meaning with bolt on's/na? I agree with power adders bc they can handle more boost than before.

I was under the impression a fbo s197 would still be faster than a fbo s550.

Last edited:

mrlrd1

Established Member
Here we go again with ZYBORG. This guy is the epitome of beating cars he shouldn't (not saying this is the case in these vids). The absolute mastery of mod lying

The 1LE runs much better. Those heavy cars NEED that shorter gear. The MM6 trans and 3.91 rear suits the LS3 powerband quite well and takes the gearing advantage away from the 5.0, showing that the LS3 is superior despite it's weight.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

You are something else bubba, I dont know very many people that even bother listing a stock ported throttle body (which didnt do shit for power) as a mod... Only to play hide and seek with other mods.

Meaning with bolt on's/na? I agree with power adders bc they can handle more boost than before.

I was under the impression a fbo s197 would still be faster than a fbo s550.

From what I understand, yes, even bolt ons and NA. In all reality, whether S197 5.0, S550 5.0 or 5th gen SS, I am a firm believer that performqnce of the vehicle will come down to the owner...

A lot of people will have you believe and discount the ol' 5th gens as slow turds but I seem to be "fighting a good fight"...

What kind of power can the Maro handle before you have to get into the internals?

I have heard / seen stock LS3s handling 800+ rwhp... I personally would start thinkikg about beefing it up at around 650ish rwhp.

The 1LE runs much better. Those heavy cars NEED that shorter gear. The MM6 trans and 3.91 rear suits the LS3 powerband quite well and takes the gearing advantage away from the 5.0, showing that the LS3 is superior despite it's weight.

Is not so much the 1LE but all 13' and up SS' benefit from the introduction of the electric power steering. I do agree that the gearing in the 1LE might he a littler better for rolls on mild power level cars...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
All the 5.0 videos that Zyborg has posted is him beating cars that have 2 maybe 3 mods. Zyborg, axle back or removed mufflers doesnt do shit for power. Its just sound. :lol:

I guess texas doesnt have any 5.0s with long tube headers, a ported TB with cai and tune. Zyborg, you need to remove all doubt and do some dig races too.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
All the 5.0 videos that Zyborg has posted is him beating cars that have 2 maybe 3 mods. Zyborg, axle back or removed mufflers doesnt do shit for power. Its just sound. :lol:

I guess texas doesnt have any 5.0s with long tube headers, a ported TB with cai and tune. Zyborg, you need to remove all doubt and do some dig races too.

Get the sand out of your strawberry shortcake..

Axle backs / deletes, save weight, less weight equals better accel.

You are acting as if i was a full bolt on car bro, i only have some medium grade LTs, still catted and a CAI... Ported TB doesnt do squat... I just mention it so people dont think im hidding shit.. Lol.

You take the runs that you can get... I just run for fun, is not that serious... I Just started hitting up meets.

I raced a guy in a 11 or 12 5.0 with my same mods plus he had an X-pipe and cat back, I dont... I beat him once and he beat me once. It was a drivers race. Unfortunately the 1st run where I beat him, was not on video, the second run in which he beat me, I did record and posted it...

I dont have any doubt to remove, i dont do digs..... I dont have the skill.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Get the sand out of your strawberry shortcake..

Axle backs / deletes, save weight, less weight equals better accel.

You are acting as if i was a full bolt on car bro, i only have some medium grade LTs, still catted and a CAI... Ported TB doesnt do squat... I just mention it so people dont think im hidding shit.. Lol.

You take the runs that you can get... I just run for fun, is not that serious... I Just started hitting up meets.

I raced a guy in a 11 or 12 5.0 with my same mods plus he had an X-pipe and cat back, I dont... I beat him once and he beat me once. It was a drivers race. Unfortunately the 1st run where I beat him, was not on video, the second run in which he beat me, I did record and posted it...

I dont have any doubt to remove, i dont do digs..... I dont have the skill.
I dont think nor care if you're hiding shit mang. I've always wanted to say, I bet you miss your c5z. Those things have a tremendous weight advantage.

Also, axle backs removed or swapped out would help from a dig. Not sure why you dont like dig racing, its not like you're racing for money/pinks/gas.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

LOL WUT?

Zyborg isn't hiding shit, we talk on a regular basis and will eventually get together for a run, he either comes to H-town or I to SA. In fact I have been trying to talk him into coming to H-town and letting me cam swap his 1LE for a couple months now. The 1LE is a fat girl that can dance, unlike her regular SS sisters. Those cars should have all been geared like the 1LE.

Doesn't hurt that Zyborg is a hot shoe driver either, he will ring every ounce of potential out of that 1LE.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

exactly..

picture.jpeg

picture-1.jpeg

Zemedici

Established Member
Good runs buddy.

My cars an I/E Tune car, and my bud with a full SW exhaust ass rapes me by 4-5 cars whenever we run, no matter the speed. +1 to cat sentiments

Stang Lover

Established Member

If you look on ZYBORGS youtube channel you'll find his car running against full bolt on coyotes.

Users who are viewing this thread