13 GT500 Super Snake on BAT

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
There may be less than 200 of these, but that one was ridden hard and put away wet. I don't see it commanding anywhere near the same money an unmolested one likely would. It was very collectible in original condition. I think @2011 gtcs is right about the miles and new engine making it much less so.
I dont disagree with anyone in regards to the obvious negelect. Its been raced hard no doubt. I just still think someone will either pony up atleast 150K or he will sit on it......just my opinion. He came close already to getting 150K!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
There may be less than 200 of these, but that one was ridden hard and put away wet. I don't see it commanding anywhere near the same money an unmolested one likely would. It was very collectible in original condition. I think @2011 gtcs is right about the miles and new engine making it much less so.
It's a badass super snake and a low production car, but I feel he should have taken 128k that was offered, especially for a car you know was raced. Had it had lower mileage and the OEM engine it probably would go for close to 200k.
I dont disagree with anyone in regards to the obvious negelect. Its been raced hard no doubt. I just still think someone will either pony up atleast 150K or he will sit on it......just my opinion. He came close already to getting 150K!
If he holds out he can probably get 150k for it, but he'll be waiting, maybe next spring he'll have more luck. I would imagine your super snake would sell for 130k or way more, but yours is low mileage and in perfect condition.
Oh no doubt... I love the WB cars for sure.

But that price is laughable and the owner is a fool to not have accepted that bid!
Dude the price absolutely blows my mind lol, I'm a diehard Shelby guy, I love everything Shelby, but these prices are stupid. I remember when you could find a nice 13/14 Super Snake for 85 to 90k maybe a widebody SS for 100k but now they're insane, hell these dudes want 579k for a 07 widebody holeshot super snake that was owned by Carroll Shelby. I'm sorry but for that price I'm buying a 05/06 FGT
Screenshot_20220906_193134.jpg

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
It's a badass super snake and a low production car, but I feel he should have taken 128k that was offered, especially for a car you know was raced. Had it had lower mileage and the OEM engine it probably would go for close to 200k.

If he holds out he can probably get 150k for it, but he'll be waiting, maybe next spring he'll have more luck. I would imagine your super snake would sell for 130k or way more, but yours is low mileage and in perfect condition.

Dude the price absolutely blows my mind lol, I'm a diehard Shelby guy, I love everything Shelby, but these prices are stupid. I remember when you could find a nice 13/14 Super Snake for 85 to 90k maybe a widebody SS for 100k but now they're insane, hell these dudes want 579k for a 07 widebody holeshot super snake that was owned by Carroll Shelby. I'm sorry but for that price I'm buying a 05/06 FGT View attachment 1760637
When prices bottomed out on standard/optioned 2013-14 Super Snakes @2011 gtcs You could get them for the prices you mentioned but now since the program has ended and the production numbers fell well short the Prices have sky rocketed and will only continue to rise from here as demand will out weigh the availablility for the low CSM, low mileage, original SAI build and the highly optioned Super Snakes. I was offered 150K and turned it down and have been asked on numerous occasions if I was interested to sell. Im just not interested in selling mine and I never plan too!

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
When prices bottomed out on standard/optioned 2013-14 Super Snakes @2011 gtcs You could get them for the prices you mentioned but now since the program has ended and the production numbers fell well short the Prices have shy rocketed and will only continue to rise from here as demand will out weigh the availablility for the low CSM, low mileage, original SAI build and the highly optioned Super Snakes. I was offered 150K and turned it down and have been asked on numerous occasions if I was interested to sell. Im just not interested in selling mine and I never plan too!
I wouldn't let yours go unless you maybe found a different color combo you liked more, and even like the regular 13/14 GT500s, a low mileage and good color combo car will always pull good money and a true CSM numbered super snake will always pull insane money, a part of me is kicking myself for not picking up a SS for 85k when I had a chance, but it wasn't a color combo I really wanted.

I'm sure it was tempting to sell yours for 150k, that would be hard to say no to.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't let yours go unless you maybe found a different color combo you liked more, and even like the regular 13/14 GT500s, a low mileage and good color combo car will always pull good money and a true CSM numbered super snake will always pull insane money, a part of me is kicking myself for not picking up a SS for 85k when I had a chance, but it wasn't a color combo I really wanted.

I'm sure it was tempting to sell yours for 150k, that would be hard to say no to.
Actually......... it wasnt hard to say no @2011 gtcs . Its not about money! If it was I would of sold it and made out like a bandit!! Im just very content with the one I have now. Trying to get a hold of another 0-10 CSM SS would be extremely hard or next to imposssible! It cost an extra 10K just to reserve those build numbers back in 2013-14. The only thing better than having what I have now would be to have a 2014 SS WB or a Shelby 1000 sitting next to it.......lol. I'll never say never!!

You can probably still pick up 2007-2012 SS reasonable but it wont be a 2013-14 SS for the same reason as the 2013-14 GT500's. They are more desirable and command higher premiums!!! Dude......you have a beautiful GT500 built that is just as nice and if not better in many many ways than SS!!! I personally would be just as happy to own what you have if I didnt have what I do!!!!

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Dude the price absolutely blows my mind lol, I'm a diehard Shelby guy, I love everything Shelby, but these prices are stupid. I remember when you could find a nice 13/14 Super Snake for 85 to 90k maybe a widebody SS for 100k but now they're insane, hell these dudes want 579k for a 07 widebody holeshot super snake that was owned by Carroll Shelby. I'm sorry but for that price I'm buying a 05/06 FGT View attachment 1760637

Agree on all fronts but HOLY SHIT that white 07 is sexy AF !!!!! Holy cow

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Actually......... it wasnt hard to say no @2011 gtcs . Its not about money! If it was I would of sold it and made out like a bandit!! Im just very content with the one I have now. Trying to get a hold of another 0-10 CSM SS would be extremely hard or next to imposssible! It cost an extra 10K just to reserve those build numbers back in 2013-14. The only thing better than having what I have now would be to have a 2014 SS WB or a Shelby 1000 sitting next to it.......lol. I'll never say never!!

You can probably still pick up 2007-2012 SS reasonable but it wont be a 2013-14 SS for the same reason as the 2013-14 GT500's. They are more desirable and command higher premiums!!! Dude......you have a beautiful GT500 built that is just as nice and if not better in many many ways than SS!!! I personally would be just as happy to own what you have if I didnt have what I do!!!!
I'm with you, I feel if I had legit CSM 13/14 Super Snake I'd probably never let go, I enjoy the collector side of these cars more than the racing side, I know I'm weird lol. I unfortunately don't make super snake money. You can still find nice 07 to 12 Super Snakes for around 70 to 100k, all depending on mileage and specs, I follow just about every selling site for GT500s just to watch the market on them. I've also seen a few that have been sitting for awhile because they're honestly over priced. Either way I wouldn't let yours go, but hopefully one day you can maybe score a Shelby1000 for a good deal
Agree on all fronts but HOLY SHIT that white 07 is sexy AF !!!!! Holy cow
Oh facts lol, the 07 widebody looks stright badass and it's a holeshot car. I still love the 07 to 09s. Especially the super snake and KR models

Users who are viewing this thread