13 GT500 Super Snake on BAT

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Figured some of you guys would like this, especially @Vinnie_B. I'm actually suprised how high the mileage is, considering it's a hole shot and wide body car. But I'm sure it'll sell 130K or more.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Figured some of you guys would like this, especially @Vinnie_B. I'm actually suprised how high the mileage is, considering it's a hole shot and wide body car. But I'm sure it'll sell 130K or more.
Wow........this SS has it all. Looks like someone wanted to build the SS 1000 option that shelby offered. Did this even attempt you to at least throw a bid in @2011 gtcs ? It will still go for 150k + w/33000 mi on the body and a newly built 5.8.... IMO. It looks sound. A little abused but its built to race. More than likely they blew the original motor and built a new motor. Still is very collectible for what it is and for all the options it has!!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
That's crazy-high miles for a "collectible" car! :confused:

I respectfully disagree regarding collectability, @Vinnie_B. The engine work produced impressive power but, IMO, damaged collectibility. It's no longer "original," as delivered by SA. I also prefer the KB sound over Whipple, but that's me.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow........this SS has it all. Looks like someone wanted to build the SS 1000 option that shelby offered. Did this even attempt you to at least throw a bid in @2011 gtcs ? It will still go for 150k + w/33000 mi on the body and a newly built 5.8.... IMO. It looks sound. A little abused but its built to race. More than likely they blew the original motor and built a new motor. Still is very collectible for what it is and for all the options it has!!
Agreed, I'm sure the stock rods let go and they put a new built short block in but at least it still has all the holeshot package parts, and the 9 inch rear end is a great upgrade, hell thats what i want to put in mine. It also has the full return style fuel system. But the mileage kinda kills it for me, (I know, I know these cars are ment to be driven), but the mileage is pretty high for a Super Snake. Either way I'm sure the car will at least go for 130k or more.

I respectfully disagree regarding collectability, @Vinnie_B. The engine work produced impressive power but, IMO, damaged collectibility. It's no longer "original," as delivered by SA. I also prefer the KB sound over Whipple, but that's me.
Agreed, I don't know if I would call this one a collector Super Snake, this is more the super snake you buy and drive the hell out of it and keep putting miles on. And yes, I'd way rather the KB than the whipple.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

Collectibility does take a hit do to the motor not being original @Norton , but its still a well documented 2013 Shelby Gt500 SS limited production car. Will it bring top dollar? NO!!! But it will bring in over 100K easy........

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed, I'm sure the stock rods let go and they put a new built short block in but at least it still has all the holeshot package parts, and the 9 inch rear end is a great upgrade, hell thats what i want to put in mine. It also has the full return style fuel system. But the mileage kinda kills it for me, (I know, I know these cars are ment to be driven), but the mileage is pretty high for a Super Snake. Either way I'm sure the car will at least go for 130k or more.

Agreed, I don't know if I would call this one a collector Super Snake, this is more the super snake you buy and drive the hell out of it and keep putting miles on. And yes, I'd way rather the KB than the whipple.
I believe a car like this comes down to the Price. For the right price.......I think many of us would jump on it.......like I said it wont bring top dollar......no way due to the motor and mileage!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I give the previous owner credit for actually driving it occasionally. 33K miles for a 9 year old SS works out to just about 3,700 miles a year. Glad he got to actually enjoy driving it. It will be interesting to see what the high bid ends up being.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

I agree with the KB supercharger preference @Norton !! My 3.6 kb @ idle all you hear is supercharger whining over the motor and by 3k it sounds like a 747 taking off ....:ROFLMAO:

q6543

Established Member
I've seen super snakes at the track 1000hp blah blah run the sloppiest 12 second passes.

I understand why they pull big money though, they're awesome on paper.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
@2011 gtcs when you getting that 2022 grabber blue GT500 ? :ROFLMAO:
I was only testing the waters on a couple GT500 Facebook groups, and as much as I liked the GB CFTP GT500. I have so much work into mine it doesn't make sense to let it go, eventually I'll add a used 21 GT500 next to the 14.
I believe a car like this comes down to the Price. For the right price.......I think many of us would jump on it.......like I said it wont bring top dollar......no way due to the motor and mileage!!
Yup, the car is very well built and has great documentation on it and it makes 1,100+whp. Who ever buys it will be happy, I'm just interested to see what it sells for lol.
I've seen super snakes at the track 1000hp blah blah run the sloppiest 12 second passes.

I understand why they pull big money though, they're awesome on paper.
I'd say 80% of super snake owners that race there cars still have Michelin Pilot super sport tires that don't hook for shit, I think a holeshot package super snake with a good drag radial would rip off a high 10 second pass. I remember watching a holeshot Super Snake at a 1/2 miles event and it was putting in work.

q6543

Established Member
Wow... it reads that they bought the car, spent 105k on making it a s.s. and then spent another 170k re-doing it in 2020.

Guy is like 300k plus into this car somehow....yikes.
Maybe I misunderstood how it was written.
I'll be watching just to see where the market is at.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Standard Super Snakes and even ones with the holeshot package out of SAI are not setup to run 1/4 mile drag strip runs. They are setup for oval track racing. The power kicks in at 70mph +.They need to be set up for drag racing!! They are very misrepresented by guys who think they can run these with factory SAI setup at the drag strip. Make no mistake......these can run set up properly. 10 sec street car all day long.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Standard Super Snakes and even ones with the holeshot package out of SAI are not setup to run 1/4 mile drag strip runs. They are setup for oval track racing. The power kicks in at 70mph +.They need to be set up for drag racing!! They are very misrepresented by guys who think they can run these with factory SAI setup at the drag strip. Make no mistake......these can run set up properly. 10 sec street car all day long.
So how much money do you need to spend to make this 170k Mustang run 10s? lol

LS WUT

Established Member
That’s beautiful for sure. I’ll have to be honest. I will be doing a widebody on my car. That is a fact, it will not be done by them for $100k. It won’t be a true SS. However I won’t refer to it as such. It will just be a widebody GT500 for me. They look incredible either way, so by now means am I in a rush to cut up my car. However I’m curious how much this goes for.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
So how much money do you need to spend to make this 170k Mustang run 10s? lol
The one posted for sale? It already has a built motor/holeshot option / 9in rearend. Put in some 4.11 gears with some DR and it'll run in the 9's easily......

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The one posted for sale? It already has a built motor/holeshot option / 9in rearend. Put in some 4.11 gears with some DR and it'll run in the 9's easily......
Yeah with a good tire out back that super snake should rip off a mid 9 at 150mph. Just needs a wheel and tire setup like this
Screenshot_20220902-205137_Gallery.jpg

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread