12k. What to buy?

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
So the 2001 cobra I had is no more. I was t-boned by some dumb*** in a huge van and it was totaled. I collected insurance and payed what little loan I had left and am now back in the market. Unfortunately I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for. 12k is my absolute max and I've looked at everything from small economical cars to other sports cars to trucks and have yet to purchase. I've ruled the idea for a truck because of gas but anything else is a possibility. I'd prefer it be something at least remotely fun to drive.
I've looked for Mach 1's but can't find any in the price range and have also checked into Audi TT's which I'm pretty interested in. I'm not putting a poll up because I'm open to all ideas. What do you guys (and ladies) think?:pop::pop:

matted2thefloor

Established Member
You don't want another Cobra????? I picked up my 99 for 11,900 with 58k on it and a lot of mods.

Fun-to-drive...Saturn ION Redline. You can probably get tehm pretty cheap now. '05 was the best year for them (a.k.a. Chevy Cobalt SS/SC). The ION Redline is a S/C 2.0L and pretty damn quick. If you go with one of them get the Competition Package...LSD, adjustable shiftlight and boost gauge. I had one and had a ball driving it too!

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I've looked at other cobra's and even found a gorgeous 02 Saleen S/C but it had a salvage title so I didn't bother. I can't find any 4v mustangs in good shape in my range. A mach would be perfect but no luck so far.

gt347mustang

Established Member
buy a 92 civic hb

put a motor out of a rsx in it.

big turbo.

that would be a very fun street machine.

JK:

Do what ever you want.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
a moped and save your money. gas is an arm and a leg

just kidding:D

BlueStrat98GT

Established Member
LS1 Trans Am. Plenty of Power and I got almost 29 MPG on my road trip from Phoenix to MN. Plus they look pretty sweet (mine's got the mecham hood):

acDSC01095.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread