12k. What to buy?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
id get a 94-95 Cobra and throw a sick h/c/i package on it and the rest on suspension mods. or try to find a well taken care of fox and do the same, only less suspension and offset that with boost.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I like the idea of an ls1. Hadn't thought of that actually. Honestly if I could find another well taken care of New edge or a Mach I'd jump on it but I can only find salvage titles. Anyone have any experience with the Audi TT's? I almost bought one of those originally but went with the cobra instead.

earl lee

Established Member
I like the idea of an ls1. Hadn't thought of that actually. Honestly if I could find another well taken care of New edge or a Mach I'd jump on it but I can only find salvage titles. Anyone have any experience with the Audi TT's? I almost bought one of those originally but went with the cobra instead.

Audi TT is fine if your a chick or gay. To sum it up they are basically luxury beetles.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
hmm, why not 12k down on an 04 cobra? as long as u dont mind a payment, and even then the payment wouldnt be very high. sticker price on my car was 23k. dropped 12k on it. got a 2k warranty. so i financed 15k at 8.9% and was at a $330 monthly payment. i couldnt pass that up. car had 50k miles on it though.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
LS1 TA or Z28, i'd go with the TA

I dont know what the WS6 or SS is going or but I would think it'd be over 12K

tmaschm

Established Member

I haven't had any exp with Audi's but I do DD a car with a salvage title. I am not sure why everyone is so down on salvage title vehicles. I have driven mine for about 10000 miles and have had no major problems.

JUICED SVT

Established Member
I have a 01 cobra a few mods, clear title, true blue, great car 9,800 firm. But that still leaves you enough money to slap a procharger on it. Email me at [email protected] for pics.l I will be driving the car to mustang week, so if you don't have anything by then you can see it in person there.

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Focus...Fusion and then a weekend toy...maybe a Fox body...daily driving a powerful V8 right now is crazy if you don't have too.

endless381

Established Member
Do like I did if you want sumthing fun/very fast to drive that gets great gas mileage buy a DD civic then get a bike:rockon: preferably a gsxr1000:beer:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Focus...Fusion and then a weekend toy...maybe a Fox body...daily driving a powerful V8 right now is crazy if you don't have too.

honestly if I had my cobra, and a civic for mpg/dd Everyday Id walk out to go to work.... jump in the cobra.... and say, "ill take the civic tomorrow".....

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Okay I'm going to throw out a few ideas:

Miata, I know it's a chick car but it handles like it's on rails and is a fun little car to drive, also it will get excellent gas mileage.

Mini, go cart handling, great gas mileage, you can find used ones for around your price range.

Acura TL, I was just looking on Carmax and there are several on there for 12k or less, it's not sporty but it will be comfortable and it is an attractive car.

Lexus GS, same as above.

I say go drive a ton of cars you may be suprised at what you end up liking.

Users who are viewing this thread