11.31 Thru the Stock Air Filter:

jonp

Established Member
It's a shame you're all the way out in CA cause I would love for you to tune mine when I get one! :)

CA is vast, and he's not exactly in the middle for most people. I drove 2 hours and had to find rides from friends to take me back home and bring me to pick up the car. Totally worth it :banana:

Stanger00

Established Member
CA is vast, and he's not exactly in the middle for most people. I drove 2 hours and had to find rides from friends to take me back home and bring me to pick up the car. Totally worth it :banana:

Haha, same here. I lied to my friend and said they were close to Sac. On the drive there he was like WTF we are 45 minutes away from Tahoe, lol. Only way I found a ride on a weekday.

chancejat

Established Member
He is my tuner and builder in CA.. I live in Mobile, and I hope to flying him out here for more tuning on my car once I get more miles on it.. There will be a thread started of cars that want tuning from him. As of right now though, not many people are down so it won't work.. But Shaun and I have talked a little about flying him out here to tune some cars.. :beer: I'm not 100% sure when this will take place or at all depending on the cars, but if I were to get enough people I was kinda hoping for later next year..

oh snap...im in mobile too at ATC (AET2) ,im guessing your at sector? , i just got my 2012 grabber blue 5.0, maybe he can tune my car too.....do you have a 5.0 and the cobra or just the cobra?

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
oh snap...im in mobile too at ATC (AET2) ,im guessing your at sector? , i just got my 2012 grabber blue 5.0, maybe he can tune my car too.....do you have a 5.0 and the cobra or just the cobra?

Oh right on man.. Yea I'm an OS2 at Sector. That's badass man congrats on the purchase.. I just have my Built Cobra.. I can't afford another money pit lol... My little Cobra runs pretty decent so no need for a 5.0.. But if I can get enough cars out here for tuning I'll work it up with Shaun for sure. :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Alright cool so that's 2 5.0's, my car, and there is an 04 Cobra here as well that his looking for a tune.. So 4 cars.. I fly home next week and will talk with him and figure out how many cars he needs to tune to make it worth wild..

ViciousJay

Established Member
Wait till he puts an intake on it and goes even faster.

Great job with little mods.:beer:

Jay

thats the one that that raises my curiosity... people have swapped back and forth and saw .1 change if any vs the stocker

chico_mustangs

Established Member
Shaun has an unfair advantage... He weighs like 100lbs with his winter coat on!

2011-10-26_20-46-33_182.gif

wbt

Banned
its been done already many times over :shrug:

Yes it has and many will be moving back to the stock CAI as IAT's are much less while sitting at idle. It takes a couple of minutes of driving with the aftermarket CAI's to get the IAT's back close to ambient air temps.

The dyno with an open hood may show one thing but the results at the track paint a much different picture.

Shaun@AED

Carl, that's a sweet pic of our 2 2012's...

I installed the WMS intake tonight and loaded in the SCT value file.
I'm on the fence Looks wise, but that's not the #1 reason for a 'cold air'.

I'll be logging on the street tomorrow to ensure the Base Maff curve SCT provides is correct.

Weds Track testing assuming all goes well tomorrow. Dyno #'s will come POST track results for this one. I don't want to be swayed by dyno #'s.

FIFTY

Established Member
Carl, that's a sweet pic of our 2 2012's...

I installed the WMS intake tonight and loaded in the SCT value file.
I'm on the fence Looks wise, but that's not the #1 reason for a 'cold air'.

I'll be logging on the street tomorrow to ensure the Base Maff curve SCT provides is correct.

Weds Track testing assuming all goes well tomorrow. Dyno #'s will come POST track results for this one. I don't want to be swayed by dyno #'s.

Glad your cold air came in this week! I know you were surprised;) good luck bro, should be fireworks as usual...

Last edited:

chancejat

Established Member
thats an interesting intake....never seen it untill now...looking forward to the results...

cbrtrx

Established Member
Good luck at the track. I would like to see same night track results with stock and aftermarket intake.

Users who are viewing this thread