10.88 on STOCK BOOST

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Almo said:
All of my information has been posted over and over. Search would be key.

In short.. my 10.88 is a fluke or least I didn't get to back it up and at only 118 I don't think so.

I'll be back at the track soon until then I am not claiming it nor am I going to explain in detail.

Brian, to answer your question... on this paticular run I side stepped at 7K rpms and I shifted 1st to 2nd at 6200, 2nd to 3rd at 6200 and 3rd to 4th at 6000.

Cheers,
Allen
i searched through your threads....coudlnt really find a "mod list"...

i was just wondering.

i guess anything is possible. my guess is wieght reduction. full exhaust intake...and lots of tuning time? then suspension more tuning tweaking and such. all this with a great driver and responsive car...im not shocked. some cars just run really good, you dont have to slap a pulley n20 and port for something to be fast:beer:

Almo

Established Member
DaveHutch said:
i searched through your threads....coudlnt really find a "mod list"...

i was just wondering.

i guess anything is possible. my guess is wieght reduction. full exhaust intake...and lots of tuning time? then suspension more tuning tweaking and such. all this with a great driver and responsive car...im not shocked. some cars just run really good, you dont have to slap a pulley n20 and port for something to be fast:beer:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386342&page=2

Post # 39

SVT04

Established Member
Looked through the other threads where Almo has listed his mods. I must say I really had to laugh when I read the defenders saying that the car was not "gutted". When I read the list of what was removed from the car to lighten it up I thought "Man if that isn't gutted,it's as close as you can get without stripping out the carpet and the rest of the plastic".......here is the list .......
Interior:
Corbeau FX1 Pro
No passenger, rear seats, and the rear seat delete kit taken out
Rear speakers, amp, and amp rack and front door speakers removed
Drivers side seat belt along with both back seat belts removed
Foam and glue scrapped behind all the moldings including the plastic and foam behind the door panels removed
Front most portion of the insulation pulled
Boots cut from the shifter area

Exterior:
2.5 Cowl Hood
Aluminum bumper supports (front and rear)
Support bars in the doors removed
Windshield wipers removed
Windshield wiper tank removed
Fog lights removed
Rear rubber wheels stops removed

That being said, the time is still great,just don't tell us this solid axle race car is "stock"....even if it is running stock pullies and boost......

Almo

Established Member
SVT04 said:
Looked through the other threads where Almo has listed his mods. I must say I really had to laugh when I read the defenders saying that the car was not "gutted". When I read the list of what was removed from the car to lighten it up I thought "Man if that isn't gutted,it's as close as you can get without stripping out the carpet and the rest of the plastic".......here is the list .......
Interior:
Corbeau FX1 Pro
Foam and glue scrapped behind all the moldings including the plastic and foam behind the door panels removed

Exterior:
2.5 Cowl Hood
Fog lights removed

That being said, the time is still great,just don't tell us this solid axle race car is "stock"....even if it is running stock pullies and boost......

Race car?? :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes

I guess I could stip it down more... take all the modings out, carpet, insulation, door panels, center console, AC, radio, air bags, passenger seat back out, buy light race wheels, heat core, 30 pounds under the dash, and rewire to pull 25 pounds out. I might then consider it a race car. Until then, never known a race car to have power everything still in place (except the seat). Shit, it would be easy to roll through the gears and run a 10 then. Hell, I bet it would be easy to run a 10.50 with all the above out.

That said, I have put things back in my car... those things above were listed as that is the way it sat at the track when I ran a 11.01 (check the date). By the way, feel free to do exactly like I have mod for mod and show what you could run.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I've been around Almo's car many times at GTG's and the track.......If you saw the professionalism with which the weight was removed from the car, you would not say it was gutted at all. Very clean and functional street/strip Terminator.

Heck, we had a track rental on Saturday and one of our guys blew his clutch and Allen let him use his trailer to get it home while his Cobra was driven the 2.5 hours back from the track. Pretty good after a busy track day for a "race car'.........

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
SVT04 said:
Interior:
Corbeau FX1 Pro

Exterior:
2.5 Cowl Hood
Fog lights removed

Seems like you are a tad bit bitter b/c your stuck in the 13's on stock boost.... and before you reply think about it, he has done something that anyone else can do. he hasnt tried to hide his mods, lets everyone look over his car. there is nothign secret about it. its getting old people calling his car a freakin' shell. i drove that "shell" home in 2 hours with the radio jammin down 495.

Took the snake to the track for the first time ever on Friday for the Street Legal drags.
My car has MRT catted H and Magnaflow catback. K&N FIPK and MGW shifter. Other than that she is stock. It has been many years since I was on the track and without subframe connectors and a BF brace (soon !) or Drag radials I had to launch with caution. The stock Goodyear F1s are sure slippery......

My first run was 13.783 @ 108.43 mph , my reaction time was a little off .752...
The next run was 13.717 @ 108.66 mph reaction time was .586...

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
SRT10ETR said:
Seems like you are a tad bit bitter b/c your stuck in the 13's on stock boost.... and before you reply think about it, he has done something that anyone else can do. he hasnt tried to hide his mods, lets everyone look over his car. there is nothign secret about it. its getting old people calling his car a freakin' shell. i drove that "shell" home in 2 hours with the radio jammin down 495.

No bitterness at all here. That trip to the track you posted about was my first attempt with a car I seldom drove before. And also my first trip to the track after almost 25 years away from it.

My car is stock without anything pulled out and as such I am doing pretty good with it. Have improved the times somewhat although my main goal with the car is NOT to see how quickly I can get down the quarter. I have been to the track only a couple times since that first time.

If I wanted to go fast and spend more time at the track again I could always re-create my 1970 6-71 blown 454 Nova with no interior,tubbed on slicks etc......or my 426 hemi cuda.....

I have no problem with Almo or his driving skill and have no doubt he is a good guy. I just think that it would be more impressive if he were knocking down 10s with a full weight stocker. And no I don't think I could do it....

As far as running as good as him with the same mods he has .....well I wouldn't worry about that, but I'd bet I could run equal times if I were to take his car down the track.....still some race left in this old dog ...:lol:

Almo

Established Member
SVT04 said:
No bitterness at all here. That trip to the track you posted about was my first attempt with a car I seldom drove before. And also my first trip to the track after almost 25 years away from it.

My car is stock without anything pulled out and as such I am doing pretty good with it. Have improved the times somewhat although my main goal with the car is NOT to see how quickly I can get down the quarter. I have been to the track only a couple times since that first time.

If I wanted to go fast and spend more time at the track again I could always re-create my 1970 6-71 blown 454 Nova with no interior,tubbed on slicks etc......or my 426 hemi cuda.....

I have no problem with Almo or his driving skill and have no doubt he is a good guy. I just think that it would be more impressive if he were knocking down 10s with a full weight stocker. And no I don't think I could do it....

As far as running as good as him with the same mods he has .....well I wouldn't worry about that, but I'd bet I could run equal times if I were to take his car down the track.....still some race left in this old dog ...:lol:

Well, for the 10s on full weight 03/04... it is going to be very hard to do on stock boost... matter of fact, I don't think it can be done in a 03/04 Cobra.

The list of (heard this a while back and thought it was funny) bolt-offs seem a bit more in depth on paper than looking at the car. I did everything I could, not to take away from the cabin and make it look like a person could only tell... aftermarket seats and a delete kit. I don't care for it to look like a shell and I have tried very hard to keep it from looking like one. Not to mention, I am not going to hide what I have done. Also, I know everyone doesn't like what I have done and it wouldn't be their cup of tea but I have done things in a way that I would go light as I can so I will not be breaking things. That and the fact that few had said it can't be done. I have about 60 passes (and 2000 driven miles within the past 4 months) on the car now and the only things that I have had problems with are:

*new cooler pump put on recently seems to be running but not pumping
*broke the gas pedal (plastic)
*Aeroforce gauge blew a fuse

And since you mentioned something about other cars… I too have something in my pocket being put together as I type. But not about to spill the beans but I will say this... this one will be a so called race car.

Last edited:

IronTerp

SVT04 said:

SVT04, sounds like you're an old ass man like me!!! :shrug: Nice old muscle you've had there. I was a little partial to Pontiacs myself. ;-)

I don't know how long you've been around these cars, but running 10's on stock boost is essentially unheard of and the ONLY way to do it, is severe weight reduction. Allen and Big Lou are the only two fellas to really get close, and most all just give up and do it the easy way.....By adding horsepower!!! Allen's doing it the hard way, believe me!

And driving these beasts is a little different than the old muscle cars, as it sounds like you've found out. I have 31 passes in now and still haven't cut a 1.6 60'. This is not Allens' first Terminator, (he went horsepower with his last one ;-) ), and he does a very nice job at the track with his setup.

Oh, and what did your ole Nova run at the track? We had a guy drive to the track and run 10.50 @ 136.69 mph on pump gas in his 03' and then drive home with AC on and stereo blasting. This is why I don't do old school muscle anymore...........:beer:

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
SRT10ETR said:
As Word is starting to get around.

ALMO broke his Non Ported Non upper/lower Pullied, NO Nitrous, NO CAMS, Record of 11.01 to a whopping 10.88 at Mason Dixon on Sunday. Congrats ALMO!!!

Ill Vouch'e on this also...

His Car IS NOT a shell...
He DOES NOT run n2o
Every Mod on his car he has Listed.
and He Also, Does not have a "box"

:beer: :rockon:
Kickass... Whether it was a clock malfunction or not, his car is getting it done...

One beef with what you said though, the car is a shell. It's got any and all weight reduction possible, and getting the weight down to 3100 lbs is key as to why the car is running the way it is.

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
sambandit said:
Kickass... Whether it was a clock malfunction or not, his car is getting it done...

One beef with what you said though, the car is a shell. It's got any and all weight reduction possible, and getting the weight down to 3100 lbs is key as to why the car is running the way it is.

How is it a Shell?

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It COULD be a shell if Almo decided to gut the thing. I bet you majority of people who don't own a Cobra would look inside and not really know that there were things taken out. From reading previous posts and the answer's Almo gives to the same question over and over again, he wanted to do all the major weight reductions without taking the stock LOOK on the inside away and he has done that.

From the man himself....

Almo said:
I did everything I could, not to take away from the cabin and make it look like a person could only tell... aftermarket seats and a delete kit. I don't care for it to look like a shell and I have tried very hard to keep it from looking like one. Not to mention, I am not going to hide what I have done.

Last edited:

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
dvast8n said:
It COULD be a shell if Almo decided to gut the thing. I bet you majority of people who don't own a Cobra would look inside and not really know that there were things taken out. From reading previous posts and the answer's Almo gives to the same question over and over again, he wanted to do all the major weight reductions without taking the stock LOOK on the inside away and he has done that.

From the man himself....

Amen...

I have a video of the camera looking around his "shell" you all tell me....

IronTerp

sambandit said:
That's the thing Scott, it's not a shell at all. Very clean and functional. And still on iron block. I've seen "shells" before, (that actually weighed more than Allen's...), and this car is nothing like them.

SVT04

Established Member
IronTerp said:
SVT04, sounds like you're an old ass man like me!!! :shrug: Nice old muscle you've had there. I was a little partial to Pontiacs myself. ;-)

I don't know how long you've been around these cars, but running 10's on stock boost is essentially unheard of and the ONLY way to do it, is severe weight reduction. Allen and Big Lou are the only two fellas to really get close, and most all just give up and do it the easy way.....By adding horsepower!!! Allen's doing it the hard way, believe me!

And driving these beasts is a little different than the old muscle cars, as it sounds like you've found out. I have 31 passes in now and still haven't cut a 1.6 60'. This is not Allens' first Terminator, (he went horsepower with his last one ;-) ), and he does a very nice job at the track with his setup.

Oh, and what did your ole Nova run at the track? We had a guy drive to the track and run 10.50 @ 136.69 mph on pump gas in his 03' and then drive home with AC on and stereo blasting. This is why I don't do old school muscle anymore...........:beer:

I hear you, and yes the Cobra beast is something else.....not easy to launch or drive....cant shift it like I did the old cars.
The Nova was a track only car and ran 9.50 or better all day long, the Hemi was slower at 10.75

All fun though. I won't reduce the weight in my Cobra, but I will up the power lol.....now if I could only hook up and shift the dam thing :lol:

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
Almo said:
I too have something in my pocket being put together as I type. But not about to spill the beans but I will say this... this one will be a so called race car.

Sounds like fun.....let us know. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread