10.8@127mph - 4200lbs race weight

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely 100% WRONG.

Its amazing no numbers for the GT500 have been released. 10.8@127 is being thrown around, yet with a little twist here and there some of you are saying it’ll run a 9.9@140. Oh. And drag a demon.

Cant. Make. This. Shit. Up.

You are a bafoon. Please quote me saying the new gt500 will go 9.9@140. I absolutely do NOT think that.

You got me mixed with someone else Sharpie.

Nice try tho!

And by the way... why so salty about Dodge putting shit down that none of you average Joes can pick up?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
None taken, 11’s and 10’s at 130-143. 10.1@141 comes to mind as my best run on a prior combo years back, but I’ve never had my exact current setup there, the track is closed. Various boost/tune/etc variants. We’re at 5k of altitude, track prep is lacking, and usually someone speed fluid on the track every Street night or test/tune. They shut the track down 6-7 months of the year, and new liter bikes struggle to crack a high 10@130 here. Hellcats run mid to high 12’s at 115+. I have 60ft high 1.5’s but average 1.7’s. My car is manual irs with 400# coil springs and koni oranges. It’s a Street bruiser/mountain fun. Think group b rally. I like those kind of manual/mechanical fun builds.

More tellingly, when I roll run 145mph 9 second buddies with auto’s and drag setups, I keep up fine, sometimes win (if I had my multivitamin that day lol)
Good deal, and yes I hear you on DA with altitude, it would be much different at sea level.
I can’t stand big power guys who tell us what their car “can” or “should” when they’ve never been to a track and would probably run 12-13s.
Driving a true manual trans is not easy, and amplified by high power.
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Good deal, and yes I hear you on DA with altitude, it would be much different at sea level.
I can’t stand big power guys who tell us what their car “can” or “should” when they’ve never been to a track and would probably run 12-13s.
Driving a true manual trans is not easy, and amplified by high power.
-J

Thanks, my nickname is dsg because I shift well.

I blow shit up, a lot hahaha, but I powershift very fast.

Launching im pretty good, I tend to launch a hair too soft, but I don’t like losing a race in the 1st 2 seconds. I’d rather launch a little soft and reel than John force it. The 10.1@141 was in a 3650lbs 750whp terminator with 18”s and subs.

My new combo is 3375lbs, 815whp and easier to launch harder. I’ve gotten a high 1.5 60ft but I haven’t had a clean long pass yet. It might have 145+ in it on pump gas. It’s a high 9 car up here but I need some constellational alignment.

Also, I was just being sarcastic about performance junkies haha, I’m one of em. I was calling out is gear heads as deplorables haha, we make the world go round by working and spending money imo. Beats getting welfare and dying away

Now let’s laugh at this guy

I have seen this type of thing and it’s pathetic.

I’ve been 12’s or faster since 2008. I had a nitrous na 5.4 combo that went 12’s at 112 (“500whp) with only about half of the pass having nitrous because the solenoid jammed up.

Nitrous 4.6 terminator ran low 11’s, etc.

No I break stuff but otherwise I’m pretty fast

Edit: this isn’t me, but it’s exactly what I do. Wrap grip, lightly pulling or pushing/ready to row, clutch kick and a full upper body brute force

Last edited:

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Have to love how many goes across 18 pages already KNOW what the GT500 will do when NOBODY knows a thing about the final production numbers. Whereas Dodge puts out the first ever SUB-10 second factory warrantied muscle car with 840bhp and it's views as "moderately fast' her and will easily get "walked" from a roll by the Ford that will have 100 less bhp.

Do you see how inane this thread has become? I will bet ANYBODY that the Demon will top the Ford from a Dig and FROM a roll.

And let's be honest people. Neither car is going to DEMOLISH the other. We are talking slowly inching away. Sort of like the way On D Bit's pee pee slowly shrinks up when he opens the garage and sees the car he actually drives.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Have to love how many goes across 18 pages already KNOW what the GT500 will do when NOBODY knows a thing about the final production numbers. Whereas Dodge puts out the first ever SUB-10 second factory warrantied muscle car with 840bhp and it's views as "moderately fast' her and will easily get "walked" from a roll by the Ford that will have 100 less bhp.

Do you see how inane this thread has become? I will bet ANYBODY that the Demon will top the Ford from a Dig and FROM a roll.

And let's be honest people. Neither car is going to DEMOLISH the other. We are talking slowly inching away. Sort of like the way On D Bit's pee pee slowly shrinks up when he opens the garage and sees the car he actually drives.

If you break your diff launching hard your pee pee might shrivel up too unless your into that kinda thing.

The demon runs 10’s easily and 9’s can be had. It’s not slow, but it’s always better to promise some and deliver much than promise all and deliver half.

For now we have 10.8’s@133 for the gt500 to go off of and 9.65@140 for the demon.

I’m willing to bet the gt500 time has meat on the plate, the demon 9.65@140 is on a plate that’s been licked clean by wolves, and actually eroded by 33,000 years of nuclear winter.

2013 gt500’s were claimed to run 11.6@125 by ford/forums/et al. They hero ran 11.2@129 iirc and a 10.8@130 on drag radials again iirc.

If ford guys are saying they’ve been 10.8@133, I expect the car has a ~10.5@135+ in optimal conditions.

No that’s not demon fast, but on same gas, tuned and slicks, with some weight pulled it’ll run a bottom 10 which is right about demon fast.

I personally don’t give a shit about stock vs mod argument here because we are comparing a decathelete wearing decent $50 new balance shoes against a 100 yard dash sprinter wearing top tier $300 nike’s.

The fact it’s even close when one car is built to do so much more than drag race, priced the same or lower than the drag car, and has the potential to basically run door to door when fuel and tires are even is impressive.

Alternatively a demon on some a7’s or any handling slick you like to throw on it won’t touch a gt500 around a circuit.

You could have the demon on race gas, weight pulled, ac icing the intake, and stickier true circuit slicks vs the show room gt500 carbons on factory cup2’s and evenly skilled drivers, the ford would likely win.

One goes 190+ stock the other 168. Unlimited which is an easy mod, the dodge can easily go 200+ But voids the warranty. Bracing the diff voids the warranty. Ok, swapping the tires on the ford likely voids the warranty as does a race gas tune.

Let’s break it down though, the ford mods aren’t likely to result in failure. 03/04 cobra guys and virtually all irs drag racing guys know you run a tall wall slicks that wrinkles to absorb the forces on launch to save half shafts and the diff. Hard launches on hard sidewall tires mitigate force to the weak or underenforced areas. So tires swapped is unlikely to blow shit up. Race gas tune done safely and properly is obviously going to be beneficial for safety and reliability. Anyone arguing differently is a ****ing moron. Not likely to result in failure however data logging and mining would show it had been run on higher octane which could void the warranty at a later unrelated time.

These cars are both great but once you get into this level of pee pee measuring it becomes pathetic. Just buy and drive what you like, there will always be a ratted our home build to blow your doors off and show you tail lights right up the street.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member

ONE person said the Demon would get walked... This is just the typical retarded stock debate. If I were mod id ban the next guy that said "demon" in this sub forum until the gt500 actually comes out and races one. Dunno why people get so heated over this shit, they're all cool. Some people are so damn lost in their own train of thought they literally think something is total shit if its not 100% in line with their thinking.

My94GT

Established Member
I for one am excited to see what the GT500 will do when it’s out and even more so with a different tire on the rear. Also will be interested to see how it responds to tuning.

Alternatively I hope this pushes FCA to make a more well rounded Hellcat with the upcoming revamp which it likely will based on rumors.

Frankly I just want to see continued activity and progression out of the big three with performance offerings as we all benefit from it.

LostM

Established Member
Absolutely 100% WRONG.

Its amazing no numbers for the GT500 have been released. 10.8@127 is being thrown around, yet with a little twist here and there some of you are saying it’ll run a 9.9@140. Oh. And drag a demon.

Cant. Make. This. Shit. Up.
Actually, I'm betting on 10.8/133

Inflate? You do understand if it traps 140 it traps 140. Period. Spinning or no spinning. The. Car. Still. Hit. 140.

Tires aren’t a mod...

Pulling seats out of a demon, that can be ordered without seats, isnt a mod.

Anything that increases power is a mod. Obviously.

Is lowering tire pressure from the factory spec a mod too?
So, I can strip my seats, mirrors, speakers and anything I want, as long as I dont add actual hp? Good to know.
Tires arnt a mod? Odd, thought modify was to change from original...
Lighter wheels are a mod yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
see above

we already have a $500 bet for rolls.

Would you like to wager on what the gt500 will do in the 1/4?

paluka21

Established Member
ONE person said the Demon would get walked... This is just the typical retarded stock debate. If I were mod id ban the next guy that said "demon" in this sub forum until the gt500 actually comes out and races one. Dunno why people get so heated over this shit, they're all cool. Some people are so damn lost in their own train of thought they literally think something is total shit if its not 100% in line with their thinking.

I fully agree and as I mentioned, the two cars really have different purposes and most likely different audiences. The Demon is a purpose built street legal drag car. It goes down a 1/4 mile very well off the showroom floor, and if it hooks can be awesome for stop light to stop light races. However, the Demon cannot handle worth a crap nor is it supposed to.
The up and coming GT500 IMO looks a hell of a lot better and more refined than the Demon, plus it isn't just a jack of one trade. It may not hang with a demon stock vs stock in a drag race, but the car will be able to handle very well, in addition to knocking off 10.x 1/4 mile times. Sounds a lot like the newest generation of Z06; can beat a lot of competition at the road course -and- drag strip if so desired. Plus aesthetically is a refined nice looking car for shows and is enjoyable to cruise around in with the top off.

In my opinion, if I was so worried about being the fastest *stock* car in a straight line for under $100K, maybe I would buy a Demon if I didn't have to constantly convince myself that I liked the looks of the car. If I wanted an all around performer that again, IMO is one of the best looking and well rounded performing cars on the road for under $100K, I would look to the new GT500 or Z06 Corvette.

And finally, it seems to me Ford's competitive focus is more on the ZL1 1LE and the Z06 since these cars are more well rounded performers. The "venom kills Demons" quote was probably misrepresented and an overzealous comment made. Misrepresented because the target competition by Ford IMO was never the Dodge Demon.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
I said I watched the 570s walk the demon from a roll, and it has very similar power to weight of the new GT500.

That's cute, because my friend has a 650s McClaren. We raced. From a roll. Dead even from 50-150. 650s walks the 570s. Remind me again what car you drive?

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member

These Demon drivers that get KILLED like that DO NOT KNOW how to effin drive the Autos. They are rolling with the car in AUTO mode, which is not how you get the Demon to jump. You have to have the car in the lowest gear possible in manual mode and then slap it into auto after you punch it. Otherwise, you get that delay and bog...cause the car is in like 8th gear when you are cruising on the highway before you hit it.

Why not post a video of a guy that actually knows who to drive a Demon. Let's see...a Stock Demon...vs Lambo Huracan (which is faster than a 570s)....1/2 mile rolling race. Hmmmmmm....

On D Bit....got any more info on where your pee pee went? I'll help you find it!

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
For a marketing guy your insults are severely lacking.

And it sucks to hear about all those slow drivers in the demon. Don’t worry though I’m sure there are slow drivers racing the demons as well.

You have to experience life through youtube, I just grab my keys and live it in real life. One ride in my DEMON and you really would just STFU. You look like a chump constantly trying to downplay the Demon. How much you want to bet a Demon will walk a new GT500?

LostM

Established Member
I said I watched the 570s walk the demon from a roll, and it has very similar power to weight of the new GT500.

BUT BUT BUT demon brah!

oh, its almost like another one of our northeast bretheren that get to laugh a demons..

You have to experience life through youtube, I just grab my keys and live it in real life. One ride in my DEMON and you really would just STFU. You look like a chump constantly trying to downplay the Demon. How much you want to bet a Demon will walk a new GT500?

WE ALREADY HAVE A $500 BET! DONT FORGET IT!
bring your demon down to me, we'd love to laugh at you all the way back to canuck land.

You can get redemption from streetspeed on youtube, ill set it up

Users who are viewing this thread