10.8@127mph - 4200lbs race weight

LostM

Established Member
These Demon drivers that get KILLED like that DO NOT KNOW how to effin drive the Autos. They are rolling with the car in AUTO mode, which is not how you get the Demon to jump. You have to have the car in the lowest gear possible in manual mode and then slap it into auto after you punch it. Otherwise, you get that delay and bog...cause the car is in like 8th gear when you are cruising on the highway before you hit it.

Why not post a video of a guy that actually knows who to drive a Demon. Let's see...a Stock Demon...vs Lambo Huracan (which is faster than a 570s)....1/2 mile rolling race. Hmmmmmm....

On D Bit....got any more info on where your pee pee went? I'll help you find it!

didnt you just 3 days ago say roll racing is gay and takes 0 skill? but then when a real race happens the demon owner lacks the "skill" to press the gas? lololol, the excuses come flying!
demonology was a car ahead at the start and a car ahead at the finish. man I cant wait till you pay me. Ill mount your $500 on the wall just to remind people, "a fool and his $ are soon parted"

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You have to experience life through youtube, I just grab my keys and live it in real life. One ride in my DEMON and you really would just STFU. You look like a chump constantly trying to downplay the Demon. How much you want to bet a Demon will walk a new GT500?
Not downplaying it at all. It’s a hell of a car and one the fastest in a straight line south of $160k.
It’s a mid 10’s mid 130’s car in street trim off the showroom floor. Damn good.

It’s not the 9.6 car you say or think it is. And for $80-100k I’d buy many other cars first. 15+ viper 15+ rs7perf, 997t, 350R, GT4, 19 m5, etc. yes I’d buy my car again before a demon. Beer!!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Demons are an awesome 10 second car. Pretty much anywhere, USA it’ll run 10’s easy.

It can pull a 9 often enough to say it’s a high 9 car.

I think the real winner is Albert Einstein for his theory of relativity. Relatively speaking, if would take a god who doesn’t play dice with the universe for a 4300lbs muscle car to tiptoe into the 9’s for under $100k.

I prefer Ford though so I want a Ford.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I don’t get the pessimism. Seriously a bunch of crybaby shit going on here.

Everybody here knows Sid doesn’t bullshit or talk out of his ass.

If @SID297 said he’s been told it goes 10.8@133 so far in testing, why is anybody stuck on 10.8@127?

You guys need to chill and relax, you’ve all been in a booster coyote. Even a 4100lbs full dresser whipple coyote runs mid 130’s and you all know this.

Justin at American muscle has a new 4050lbs with driver 2019 gt that went 120mph with 400whp and the 10a. You guys seriously think a 650whp 4300lbs with driver mustang utilizing a dct and bigger/torquier 5.2L is only going to pick up 7mph?

It’s comfortably a high 10 low to mid 130 car.

conceptmachine

Established Member
will it take DRs to get it under 10.6? I'm optimistic this thing has sub 10.5s in it with DRs...possibly.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’d bet it’s pulling a 1.94-1.85 60ft on the 10.8@133 pass.

Drag radial, slick or a perfect launch in a 1.55-1.65 60ft range should get a bottom 10 in a mineshaft imo.

ANGREY

Established Member
WHO CARES. Who cares if it ONLY runs 10.8 at 133? Honestly.

This whole conversation is like the 5'8" 300 lb fat guy at the gym calling out Bo Jackson in his prime because said fat guy benches 400 and Bo can only bench 380.

The two cars are in COMPLETELY different classes. The Demon is an unapologetic, unrefined, OLD TECHNOLOGY pig that goes moderately fast in a straight line. It does NOTHING else well. It isn't cheap. It doesn't turn for shit. It can't stop well. It doesn't get great fuel mileage...NOTHING.

We're literally debating whether a car that's obviously designed to be a well rounded performer can out sprint the Demon/Hellcat in a drag race.

And not for nothing, as has been pointed out MULTIPLE times, other than idiot Mopar heads who pride themselves on "stock" the 500 will be INFINITELY more upgradeable and have a way bigger upside so for those who are bold enough to modify it, it won't be long before you see GT500's in the low 9's and 8's with dedicated drag trim and tuner mods.

I personally think Ford decided to avoid Dodge's niche. If they wanted to build a straight line only car, they could have easily done that. They could have made motor that beat the Mopar crank HP #'s and weighed 500 lbs less and smoked it. Chevy could do the same.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Looking forward to Pobst carving up any one of America's greatest tracks with a ZL1-!LE, a CF Track Package GT500, and whatever the **** Dodge can cobble together that allows the steering wheel to rotate left or right. Two of the three will battle it out, toe to toe. The third...oh boy, this is gonna be ugly.

blk02edge

Established Member
Looking forward to Pobst carving up any one of America's greatest tracks with a ZL1-!LE, a CF Track Package GT500, and whatever the **** Dodge can cobble together that allows the steering wheel to rotate left or right. Two of the three will battle it out, toe to toe. The third...oh boy, this is gonna be ugly.
Has pobst ever bothered with anything dodge other than the viper?

Curt@injected

lol @ this thread. No one has any idea what power this car even makes but we still have 19 pages of this shit and demon bashing.

One thing is for sure, the more pictures I see of the new 500 the more I like it. That thing is sexy. Much better looking than the demon.

paluka21

Established Member
lol @ this thread. No one has any idea what power this car even makes but we still have 19 pages of this shit and demon bashing.

One thing is for sure, the more pictures I see of the new 500 the more I like it. That thing is sexy. Much better looking than the demon.
Agreed. IMO, it’s not even close in the looks department, as subjective as that may be.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
No one has any idea what power this car even makes but we still have 19 pages of this shit and demon bashing.

Unsure if any of that was directed at me but I believe it is clear that the GT500 is similar to the ZL1 series and that the Challenger/Demon/whatever has a rather narrow focus. Not knocking it for what it can do but rather just pointing out that it for sure wasn't intended for a road course.

bdub85

Established Member
Car holy wars always crack me up. Buy and drive what you like. If that is a Demon, cool. If that is a GT500, cool. Just enjoy the fact that these cars exist and that manufacturers are making high hp sports cars at an "affordable" price. It's crazy to be able to get a 700+hp car off the showroom with a factory warranty.

Curt@injected

Unsure if any of that was directed at me but I believe it is clear that the GT500 is similar to the ZL1 series and that the Challenger/Demon/whatever has a rather narrow focus. Not knocking it for what it can do but rather just pointing out that it for sure wasn't intended for a road course.

Not at all man I just thought it was funny you guys were still arguing over the same thing. I think both the demon and gt500 are awesome.

Curt@injected

Agreed. IMO, it’s not even close in the looks department, as subjective as that may be.

I think the normal, non-widebody hellcat challenger is a good looking car. I'm just not a big fan of the flares and hood on the demon. That said, it's still like a bucket list car for me. One of the coolest things to ever come out of detroit but I agree with you 100% the new 500 looks nasty. Best looking mustang in a while.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Not at all man I just thought it was funny you guys were still arguing over the same thing. I think both the demon and gt500 are awesome.

No argument with anyone. Just mentioning the cars serve different purposes. Dodge pretty much put all their eggs in one basket and the GT500/ZL1 are a bit more versatile. I respect the efforts nonetheless.

Curt@injected

No argument with anyone. Just mentioning the cars serve different purposes. Dodge pretty much put all their eggs in one basket and the GT500/ZL1 are a bit more versatile. I respect the efforts nonetheless.

It wasn't directed at you. For the most part your arguments are grounded in fact. A lot of people on this forum just hate on the demon because it's a dodge, or they're jealous IDK.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I hear you.

I wish Dodge had a lighter platform that could better compete with these other two on a road course. Drivetrain-wise I love what they are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread