10.2 Evo at Atco tonight

wide winger

I own a '95 Eagle Talon that does mid 11's all day long, the AWD system grips like hell and is easy to drive, I still get 25 MPG with the A/C on.

3000ways

Established Member
Jasil-

Off Topic- Did I ever say that the Z06 was not a great car. Don't get me wrong, the Z06 is a great car and stock for stock it is absolutely the better performance car, no argument here. Still superior, I'd still have to argue that, because the base price of the Z06 when it was new was around $50,000, the base price of the EVO is around $30,000-$35,000, that's a a $15,000 to $20,000 difference there. It would take a 2005 EVO under $2,000 to better the Z06 acceleration numbers. We can argue about this all day, I agree the Z06 is stock for stock the better car no doubt and is worthy of a $50,000 price tag, but when you start throwing things around such as superior, then I'm gonna disagree with that. Choose your words better then.

Also you keep saying C5 Vettes and not being specific enough, I keep assuming your talking about base models also, but as soon as I disagree you always just bring up the Z06. Not a big deal, because yes the Z06 is a C5 also, but how about being alittle more specific. That's like a Mustang owner claiming that no car can match the Mustangs performance, well what Mustang are you talking about, Cobra, Mach 1, Cobra R, S281E, GT?

Last thing because we are way off topic, is that this thread is about a car that went 10.2 at atco, how this first turn into a debate about handling, and then Lake Effect Racing, and then Z06 vs. EVO. Dude I'm so tired of you f*cking up threads with your auto nazi BS, why not try to stay on topic and stop picking off topic arguments with people. Your just as much of a Corvette zealot as I am for the EVO, so don't try to pretend like your not.

On Topic- Al just recently dynoed his car at 744WHP, DAMN! The Subaru guys are in trouble.

Last edited:

3000ways

Established Member
Not arguing about Danny Popp because you still have yet to provide any reliable evidence, until then you haven't proven sh*t, just that you can blow a lot of smoke in the air.

3000ways

Established Member
Thanks for the link, but that still proved nothing.
You say the Lake Effect SRT-4 makes 350WHP?
I asked for you to verify that?
Not Verified

Look Jasil, I know you like to make your self out to be very smart, but in the end you make your self look very stupid. How many One Lap of America competitions have you competed in? You act like these cars are just a couple of bolt ons away from stock, your absolutely wrong and you know it. So stop making your self look foolish. Words from actual competitor-

"It's hard for EVOm members who just do the occasional track day/autocross to imagine how fast and prepared the top 7 (or so) cars are. Several of the competitors run each track on the event in the weeks before the event. They fly in or trailer the car to each track and test then move on to the next one.

The other thing is that the cars aren’t stock. You say a modded EVO can beat a Viper or a TT Porsche people just forget or don't realize that the Viper and Porsche are completely decked out and tested, being piloted by a very seasoned, quick often pro driver. For Example Ron Adee’s “truck” weighs less than the EVO (by a bunch) has 345 tires all the way around and 750hp. It also has a full tube chassis (think Craftsman Truck) with a Viper independent rear suspension and has been developed for a couple of years and is driven by a two-time overall winner.

It's not like a track day when you blow by a GT2 a Lambo and a F360 in you're lightly modded EVO and call it a good day (It is a good day BTW!)

Finally the format is very unforgiving. Every lap you do is timed (and counts) NO warm up, no practice and the point are structured so that if you have a bad event of miss one you have very little chance of making it up. So the pressure is very high for the team and especially the driver, then factor in the fatigue..."

Yeah but I see how just a pretty much bolt on SRT-4 can hang with the top 7, because the SRT-4 rules all... LOL

jasil

Established Member
3000ways,

You asked for a link I gave you one go PM the driver for God's sake he will tell. You just have your panties in a wad because a SRT 4 with less money in it than the EVO, putting down less power too, beat the almight EVO that's all.

We could argue all day about Z06's and EVO's.....we both know which one is the better car.

That's it good luck and Al did put down some good numbers didn't he. 38psi!! Even more impressive is the stock trans...his only drivetrain mods are a Quaife front diff and upgraded rear halfshafts....still 2K, but the car is holding together.

99cobraclone

Established Member
jasil said:
3000ways,

You asked for a link I gave you one go PM the driver for God's sake he will tell. You just have your panties in a wad because a SRT 4 with less money in it than the EVO, putting down less power too, beat the almight EVO that's all.

We could argue all day about Z06's and EVO's.....we both know which one is the better car.

That's it good luck and Al did put down some good numbers didn't he. 38psi!! Even more impressive is the stock trans...his only drivetrain mods are a Quaife front diff and upgraded rear halfshafts....still 2K, but the car is holding together.

Man in no way are you right, check out the latest turbo magazine. His car is in there and there is a lot more than just upgraded rear halfshafts! Ohh and stop arguing about a damn z06, this post is about a 10.2 evo!

jasil

Established Member
Dumbsh*t Cobraclone99,

3000ways knows what I was talking about. Of course the car has more done it :dw: his only drivetrain upgrades are rear halfshafts and a Quaife and of course a clutch,flywheel and PP.

If you knew anything about DSM's/EVO's you would know that for running the times and traps that he is for the length of time that he has that is very good 26K miles and no broken drivetrain part...VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Any other newbie comments from you? Or should I say questions?

99cobraclone

Established Member
jasil said:
Dumbsh*t Cobraclone99,

3000ways knows what I was talking about. Of course the car has more done it :dw: his only drivetrain upgrades are rear halfshafts and a Quaife and of course a clutch,flywheel and PP.

If you knew anything about DSM's/EVO's you would know that for running the times and traps that he is for the length of time that he has that is very good 26K miles and no broken drivetrain part...VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Any other newbie comments from you? Or should I say questions?

Wow am I the dumbshit? Let's see... are you dyslexic? You spelled my name backwards. Also if you were to have maybe read the whole thread instead of getting into an internet flame war with 3000ways then maybe you would have seen that I started the damn post, so of course I thought it was impressive.

Pick up the latest turbo magazine, it mentions a lot more than upgraded halfshafts in the rear. I don't act like I know anything about evo's or dsm's and why? BECAUSE I COULD GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT THEM :sleeping: However I though Al's car was impressive and I posted up about it. You didn't contribute a single thing to this thread other than to incite 3000ways.

What car do you drive? In your profile it says a minivan, so unless you have a mustang or some other ford then why the hell do you post here?

Oh and by the way ***tard, I have over 1500 posts so lay off the newbie label you norom That's moron spelled backwards for you jackass :loser:

twinturbocobra

Established Member
bpclements said:
Keep in mind that an Evo is not a DSM. Also, lag from big turbos is starting to become a thing of the past. Some may consider the GT35R a big turbo, but this turbo on a built 2.3L stroker will spool identical to the stock turbo making this an idela setup for both drag and track.

Oh yeah, the big motors really bring the lag down. I have a friend running a G4CS in his 2G DSM, and even with a .85 A/R GT40R on there it spools very fast, and has gone high 10's without a lot of boost, and still road race sit.

RixSikcobra04

If we can quote the names of people whos Evos run in the 10's ...then there aren't that many. know what I mean?

I use them as fodder around here...even the so called "fast ones" pushin 23#s or more.

fre

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
If we can quote the names of people whos Evos run in the 10's ...then there aren't that many. know what I mean?

I use them as fodder around here...even the so called "fast ones" pushin 23#s or more.

There aren't exactly a ton of cobras modded as much as yours either. It's all a matter of running into the right car that's all. The fastest cobra I have happen to run into runs high 11s @ 119 mph. 2.8 pulley and the rest with slicks. No ported blower and no nitrous. Does this mean I can take down all cobras, no, it just means there happens to not be any faster cobras around my area that's all.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
EvoOwner said:
if you are looking for reliability guarantees, you probably shouldn't shoot for a 10 second vehicle, no matter what type of car.

what color was the evo at Atco?
Eh, my car will go 9s as soon as the tranny is replaced, and low 10s on pump gas... its got about 15K miles on the entire setup including the old tranny, so I dunno how reliable a 10 sec car can or can't be... :shrug:

Car has 184,XXX on it, stock frame, no accidents.

WayFastWhitey

Gin and Jews
Established Member
w/ every car there will be some type of shortcomings and someone to fix em...dsms are no different...crapola tranny/xfer case....shep/tre to the rescue...shep is setting the standard for dsms and these 9/10 sec evo/dsms are just flames....noones going to catch shep right now....hes out of their league, by over a second in most cases, although the car, im sure is no longer daily driven w/ the new setup...plus its alot more fun driving an awd car w/ a little power....trying to figure out which tires are gonna hook first is always fun off the line

shep2.jpg

Last edited:

98(oBra\/ert

Established Member
99cobraclone said:
I can't believe what I saw but I saw a heavily modded evo run 10.2 (at least twice) at Atco tonight. The car had decals all over and it appeared to be sponsored but it was street legal. It had Conneticut tags but the interior was pretty much stripped sans two racing seats and the dude's lap top. He was an older guy too which made it strange. I didn't see one single 03/04 cobra there which made the night even stranger. I didn't even thing that evos, no matter how modded, could run this fast.
Yeah that car is fast! He lives in the next town over from me in CT. The guy who owns the car name is George, hes a good guy but he usually doesnt drive the car himself. His car was real fast then he recently built the motor and now it is just disturbing!

sick408dakr/t

Established Member
Can't stomach evos or anything else with a motor small enough to fit in my gym bag! Fast = yes cool = for some but not at all for me :bored:

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I saw Curt Brown in action last night. He was running high 9's the whole night. His car is basically stripped to the end. He also has a pretty nice size turbo on there.

Users who are viewing this thread