~10:1 Aluminator 15 psi dyno today~

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
So I am going to HPP this afternoon, 430 pm for 3 pulls on my 15 psi tune, 10:1 compression aluminator block. Wanted to start a new thread, but for those of you who have not followed my build, here is the original link:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-ford-racing-10-1-aluminator-has-arrived.html

Wish me luck.....I say at 15 psi she feels about 650 rwhp.....but we shall see soon!

My old 8.5:1 compression numbers are in my sig.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
650 would be great. I really do hope you get there. You'll know in just a few hours. :)

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
650 would be great. I really do hope you get there. You'll know in just a few hours. :)

Oh I know Bob.....650 rwhp would be awesome for only 15 psi.....but we shall see.

I will be cranking her up to 20+ psi probably early next year. My ultimate goal is to see 775 rwhp when all is said and done, dont know if its possible, but today will be a good indicator with my 1st round of dyno pulls @ 15 psi

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
so it will be tonight, most likely 8 to 9 pm before i will be able to post the numbers, dyno sheets, etc etc..... Recall this is just round 1 of my dyno days.....tonight is dedicated to 15 psi. I will pretty much stay on this tune throughout the fall and winter.

sc98cbra

Established Member
I'm kind of lost. I thought that 8.5:1 was as high as you want to go on a boosted engine? Does a higher compression create more power with less boost?

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member

CobraMac

Established Member
I'm kind of lost. I thought that 8.5:1 was as high as you want to go on a boosted engine? Does a higher compression create more power with less boost?

Noooo you can go higher....most turbo guys have their compression at 9.0:1 or 9.5:1 10:1 is getting up there but can be made safe with the tune, you just don't really see too many people doing it. Higher compression means more power from the get go....a higher compression motor will make more power with the same level of boost.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
good luck Erik! I cant wait to see what kind of timing you're able to run on the 20+ psi.

Teej281

Established Member
It also helps that he is running e85 if I'm not mistaken. That helps a lot with being able to run more boost and more timing. I can't wait to see some results man!!! Been following your build since day one and has inspired me to go high compression/boost/e85 as well!!! I might be going turbo though but still inspired by your build.

03yellow

Established Member
Was at a shope ( dynomight performance)that had a built lighting with a KB. They never could add much boost because of the high compression.
They were having the same issue with an older cobra (98 or 99) that had a built,higher compression,motor.
Have no ideal what the issue was?
Smitty are you here? Chime in if you remember what the problem was.
Hope all goes well and you throw iodine great numbers!!!
I think they even sent one to HPP and nothing could be done!

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
sub'n as well. 10:1 seems high to me. the most i would do is 9:1.
i hope it works out and you make a shit ton of power.

Users who are viewing this thread