1,900 miles in two days to drive new GT350 home...

Boss 330

Established Member
I picked up mine in Houston, drove it home to central Fla. 1100 mi. Now at 3000. It feels a bit stronger after some miles on it. It avgd 21 mpg on the trip home. Great way to break it in.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
Do info, Not sure why the net has different info. That was what I returned on my google search

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
I picked up mine in Houston, drove it home to central Fla. 1100 mi. Now at 3000. It feels a bit stronger after some miles on it. It avgd 21 mpg on the trip home. Great way to break it in.

Did you guys take delivery so from home due to best pricing? Mind if I ask what you paid? I am in the market, but I refuse to pay a ADM.

SnakeBitten07

Established Member
I'm curious: does the owners manual specify a break-in period? I presumed the standard "extended periods of light-load driving not recommended" applied.

krt22

Established Member
I'm curious: does the owners manual specify a break-in period? I presumed the standard "extended periods of light-load driving not recommended" applied.

Pretty minimal. No "extended wide open throttle" for the first 100 miles, no track time for the first 1000.

mlichty

Congrats on your new ride. Ordering the stripe delete was probably a good thing as I have to have my black stripes replaced due to swirls and scratches. I also have the same problem with the left front fender not properly attached. How difficult is it to get the tab into the slot?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking car. No better way to get to know a new car than a road trip right after buying it.

+1 !!

Congrats OP. That car looks so good. I wouldn't hesitate to do the same. Would be a great trip.

How close were you able to get to MSRP?

Twinpwr

Established Member
Hey, congrats! I love the stealth look. I was at a toss up between mag and DIB stripe delete. I went with DIB, and the car should be loaded up on a hauler by the end of the week to Seattle from PA. I couldn't make that drive. I'd have to rush home and wouldn't have the time to enjoy it. Hopefully I'll have the car by the weekend after next. Do you do any track driving? I'm an instructor for a few of the car clubs up here, so I'm out there quite a bit. Who knows, maybe I know your stepdad?

I've had one all day session at Pacific and a bunch of autocross, mostly in GTR.

Broken in now drop oil. Must've been a great ride!! I have 1500 on mine. Love it.

Agreed, oil change coming.

Did you guys take delivery so from home due to best pricing? Mind if I ask what you paid? I am in the market, but I refuse to pay a ADM.

I had connection through friend, he declined me sending him more business at my price which was less than MSRP.

Congrats on your new ride. Ordering the stripe delete was probably a good thing as I have to have my black stripes replaced due to swirls and scratches. I also have the same problem with the left front fender not properly attached. How difficult is it to get the tab into the slot?

I'm taking mine to top autobody shop for estimate. I want a pro taking my bumper off. But I'll submit to Ford as well.

liter of cola

Established Member
Sweet bro, i have a 2017 mag w/ white stripes in the order books. Im loving the mag the more i see it on this car. The dealer is about 1100miles from me, i was thinking about takin a plane out and driving it home when it comes but im worried about rock chips and i wanna get the front clear braa'd before i take any extended highway trips. So i think i'll just have it delivered to me.

Twinpwr

Established Member
Sweet bro, i have a 2017 mag w/ white stripes in the order books. Im loving the mag the more i see it on this car. The dealer is about 1100miles from me, i was thinking about takin a plane out and driving it home when it comes but im worried about rock chips and i wanna get the front clear braa'd before i take any extended highway trips. So i think i'll just have it delivered to me.

That was my logic to ship too in order to avoid chips. I got impatient and said wtf, fortunately made it home without single blemish. Car had XPEL put on yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread