08 shelby wrecked

928gtp

Established Member
i just got to my tech school at keesler AFB and my wife was bringing me my car. It was raining hard this weekend and she hydroplaned it into a wall. Shes ok so thats the good news. The airbags didnt come out and the car still starts up but from the sound of it the body damage might make it totaled. i hope so b/c i dont really want it back after having half of it redone. She was only 45 minutes away from me too. she made it all the way from SC... ill be taking some pics on monday and posting them up

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
sorry to hear but on a side note see how much it would be to buy it back and you can make some good money on parting her out. glad to hear the wife is ok:beer:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
i just got to my tech school at keesler AFB and my wife was bringing me my car. It was raining hard this weekend and she hydroplaned it into a wall. Shes ok so thats the good news. The airbags didnt come out and the car still starts up but from the sound of it the body damage might make it totaled. i hope so b/c i dont really want it back after having half of it redone. ill be taking some pics on monday and posting them up

So sorry to hear that. It's great that the wife is OK! Hope you get a new one!

Mike

928gtp

Established Member
So sorry to hear that. It's great that the wife is OK! Hope you get a new one!

Mike

i just joined the air force and am in tech school (big pay difference) and i just got married...so im prolly going to end up getting a termi for the time being if its totaled

no one

Ultimate Driving Machine
Established Member
i'm sorry to hear that too. the important thing is that your wife is fine.
i agree with Sgt D "how much to buy it back" + you can make good money on the good parts.
Again Sorry.

928gtp

Established Member
im not positive its totaled. i wasnt able to take a look at it b/c they already had it locked behind the fence at the ford dealership near my tech school. i find out this week if it is or not and ill be looking at it on mon.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i def. know how you feel, glad everyone is okay, it is a pain to get them to total a car with that much value. good luck though.

chuckstang

Established Member
Sorry for your loss but as you said could have been worse BUT this is why I let no one else drive my car, something tells me if you were behind the wheel this would not have happened, just a hunch

928gtp

Established Member
no i dont think it wouldve but im in tech school and couldn't go home and get the car. ooo well cant change it now. i should have some pics up tonight or tommorow. im giong to take a look at it today if there open

triplestang

Horse Trader
Established Member
Glad your wife is okay, the car can be fixed/replaced! If they total it, definately check into buying it back. I'd be interested in it! Would be a sweet conversion for my 1966 Fastback!

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
That sucks. Glad to hear she's OK.

You weren't running DR's by any chance? 3 Terminators were lost running those in a rain in a 2 week period.

928gtp

Established Member
heres some pics:

IMG00073-20090525-1749.jpg

IMG00074-20090525-1749.jpg

IMG00081-20090525-1758.jpg

IMG00082-20090525-1758.jpg

IMG00075-20090525-1750.jpg

IMG00079-20090525-1751.jpg

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
WOW thats more than I thought I was going to see! At least she is fine thats all that really matters:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread