04 Lightning Eats - 06 Ls-2 6.0 Auto GTO For Lunch

RandomTask

Banned
A GTO with an LS2 with any sort of competent driver would have made easy work of you. So if a GTO is "slow", whats that make that lightning of yours?

Good kill on the driver though.

2tonOfun

Established Member
Black04Lightning said:
Mods :
cold air intake with Aluminum Airbox,

FLOWMASTER
two Chamber 2 1/2 inch after cat exhaust

ALOT of Dyno Time and a
Custom Burned Superchips Chip

So, a just barely "not stock" Lightning.
Nice Kill!

And I think if you got him from a 20 roll you would have had him from a dig as well, if you would have gone again.

supeg

Established Member
Well no offence bro. But your intake/chip is your only mod. What were you dynoing at with the tune? Im guessing 375?? Catbacks add zero hp on lightnings, there just for sound. There is no way your intake/chip is putting you at very high twelves or very low 13's which is what a stock 05/06 gto runs.

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
I know the only reasons I was at any time whatsoever ahead of GTO guy ,
#1 GTO guy did not know how to drive a high performance automobile.

( I won racing against the DRIVER , --->NOT THE CAR<---
A DRIVER with more experience would have WHOOPED MY A$$ ) :(

#2 The GTO I raced has an automatic transmission.

( I saw inside the car when I came up to the third traffic light after we raced
the GTO had an automatic shifter in the center console )

Last edited:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Black04Lightning said:
Well so far the CONSENSOUS is , I beat the driver Not The Car ,
So does this mean Some GTO Drivers cant drive ?
:fart:

No doubt! I have quite a few friends that own GTOs and they SUCK as drivers. I spend a lot of my time at the strip teaching them how to launch and shift, ect.

SVT99RED

Established Member
nice kill.. gto's are slow i have beaten up on a few from a roll and a dig... i dont know why he was able to keep up from a dig cuz he cant match the tq we put out...

GH1086

Established Member
SVT99RED said:
nice kill.. gto's are slow i have beaten up on a few from a roll and a dig... i dont know why he was able to keep up from a dig cuz he cant match the tq we put out...

Fool.

And Black04Lightning, in my experience most GTO owners can't drive even halfway decent, I was at E-Town and there were several GTO's running, all stick and I was cringing at some of their shifting, and I can barely drive stick but I was confident I could shift better than them.

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT99RED
GH1086 said:
Fool.

And Black04Lightning, in my experience most GTO owners can't drive even halfway decent, I was at E-Town and there were several GTO's running, all stick and I was cringing at some of their shifting, and I can barely drive stick but I was confident I could shift better than them.

Fool , uhhhhhhhh this isnt SMACKDOWN Mister ! ! ! :nonono:

GH1086

Established Member
Black04Lightning said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT99RED

Fool , uhhhhhhhh this isnt SMACKDOWN Mister ! ! ! :nonono:

Sorry, that comment was directed at you, but at SVT99RED.

mach1dsg

Established Member
Black04Lightning said:
If I had , a Whipple Supercharger with long tube headers and 14 pounds of boost ,and a Tune , so I would not blow it up .
I would be alot higher up in the Predetory food chain . :beer:

hahaha, where are you at in california????
and also, you guys are not the only ones that are able to play the mod game. although, i haven't seen gtos running 10's in the 1/4 mile at our socal tracks, while i've seen a couple of L's doing that. props for that...
but i wouldn't get so excited with your mods, i bet i could give you a better run, although, i'm still learning how to launch, but i think i can shift fast :thumbsup:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
GH1086 said:
Fool.

Let's be totally honest. MOST drivers can't drive. Period.

That about sums it up, and it's why people get kills on cars they shouldn't kill. There is not 'drag-racing' or 'open track' test that the dealership puts you through before they allow you to buy a performance car.

Users who are viewing this thread