Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
I was on My way back from COFFEE with my good friend JIM
and were pulling out of the lot of STARBUCKS Coffee ,
On Concord avenue in Concord CA, By the Buchanan Field Airport,
The 06 blue LS-2 GTO automatic goes by so I try to catch up,
He dosent make the light so I pull up on his left , He looks straight ahead with no acnowledgement , When the light turns green he hammers it,
I leave a half second later than him and and He is ahead by a fender for like a second then I pull him by a fender ,He is at the middle of my passenger fender and He shifts into second gear and Loses traction and gets so sideways,
He almost drives his left front fender into My passenger door and wrecks us both , Im in second and He pulls up fender to fender and starts to pull ahead ,
Traffic is coming up fast at 70 miles an hour so I let off
BECAUSE HE ALMOST HIT ME and he goes by ,
We both come up to the next light and I say out my window lets try it from a 20 mph roll , ME knowing thats the sweet spot for my truck ,
We both hit it at 20 mph and I smoke the GTO by three TRUCK lenths so He shuts down and we roll up to the next light He`s wavein High 5 and that was cool and all that ,
I say to him through the window , MAN I thought those things were fast what happend , He Laughs and says well I lost traction and all that , I say yea ok and you almost hit me and wrecked me out .

He just laughs ,THIS kinda made Me mad :nonono:
But then Hes just a SLOW GTO owner that CANT DRIVE and almost took me and my buddy out :shrug:
LIGHTNING - +1
GTO - 0

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

REPCobra10

Established Member
Good kill. What kind of mods do you have done to your Lightning? I know you're not stock because stock for stock a 6.0L GTO will pull on a Lightning even if the GTO has an auto, not by much though. Take it easy man.

kmad61

NWO 4 LIFE
Established Member
I ran the 6.0 goat from a dig and beat him 3 out of 3,but those cars do run very well.Who would have thought to put the ls2 into a Cavalier!!!!!

:rockon:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm slowly jumping on the take it to the track bandwagon just for the wreck reasoning. My mom said I'd grow up one day. At only 42 it has been a tough sell though!

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
kmad61 said:
I ran the 6.0 goat from a dig and beat him 3 out of 3,but those cars do run very well.Who would have thought to put the ls2 into a Cavalier!!!!!

:rockon:

I'm not going to lie I'll be in the market for a '05/06 GTO A4 for my next toy. If I can't find a nice used '03/04 Cobra nothing else compares to the GTO in that price range for me. I mean here's my other options:

GT Mustang
Charger
STI/EVO
G35
Altima SE-R

???

None of those provide the comfort/performance that I'm looking for. I love the new GT but I just don't like the fact that a trans am/camaro can pull up next to me and know he'll still whoop my a** on top end. Plus I'm in to trying new things.

Black04Lightning

Established Member
REPCobra10 said:
Good kill. What kind of mods do you have done to your Lightning? I know you're not stock because stock for stock a 6.0L GTO will pull on a Lightning even if the GTO has an auto, not by much though. Take it easy man.

Mods :
Troy built cold air intake with K&N Filter And a Custom hand made Aluminum Airbox,

Custom Hand made two Muffler FLOWMASTER
two Chamber 2 1/2 inch after cat exhaust ,with a Dr.Gas X pipe,
By > Steve Elsteins< , West Coast Muffler & Sport Trucks ,
2090 Market Street, Concord California, 94520 , Phone 925-676-8376

ALOT of Dyno Time and a
Custom Burned Superchips Chip ,
by a local Race Shop here near where I live.

> DO NOT ! ! ! < FOR ANY REASON ASK ME WHO THIS RACE SHOP IS ! ! !
:beer:

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
nice kill

man i hate it when people drive where they can cause a wreck like that

i hear ya - that has happened to me a couple times - almost like they are pissed they lost so run a light or cut you off. not cool

difference between driving fast and driving dangerously

MIKEC501

Established Member
not to bash you but you said when he shifted into second gear he lost traction and got so sideways but then he pulled up fender to fender and started to pull ahead of you now that dont sound like much of a kill to me. and then when you ran again you were in your sweet spot and jumped him a few trucks why not a real race from a dead stop? and p.s. i just sold my 04 sonic blue lightning i am not a hater giving you a hard time.

Black04Lightning

Established Member
I raced GTO boy the first time from a complete stop AND while participating in ILLEGAL street racing he came over the dotted line and came into my lane and he almost took me out ,
It must be a guy thing I acted stupid and I used very poor judgement

why did you sell your most sought after Beautiful Sconic Blue 04 Lightning ? I sold my 03 mach 1 to buy my 04 Lightning
I know your NOT A HATER , but you sure are good at giving me a hard time
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

MIKEC501

Established Member
Black04Lightning said:
I raced GTO boy the first time from a complete stop AND while participating in ILLEGAL street racing he came over the dotted line and came into my lane and he almost took me out ,
It must be a guy thing I acted stupid and I used very poor judgement

why did you sell your most sought after Beautiful Sconic Blue 04 Lightning ? I sold my 03 mach 1 to buy my 04 Lightning
I know your NOT A HATER , but you sure are good at giving me a hard time
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I SOLD MY LIGHTNING TO BUY A COBRA I LIKED THE TRUCK AND LOVED THE COLOR BUT NO BACK SEAT AND JUST NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR THE KIDS I ONLY HAD IT FOR THREE MONTHS BUT I DID GET TO KILL A SRT 10 SINGLE CAB WITH A STICK AND HE HAD A PROGRAMER HE WAS A REAL SHIT TALKER UNTIL I PULLED 1 1/2 TRUCKS ON HIM WHEN WE WENT INTO 2ND GEAR THEN HE LET OFF AND DIDNT WANT TO TRY AGAIN.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Black04Lightning said:
I was on My way back from COFFEE with my good friend JIM
and were pulling out of the lot of STARBUCKS Coffee ,
On Concord avenue in Concord CA, By the Buchanan Field Airport,
The 06 blue LS-2 GTO automatic goes by so I try to catch up,
He dosent make the light so I pull up on his left , He looks straight ahead with no acnowledgement , When the light turns green he hammers it,
I leave a half second later than him and and He is ahead by a fender for like a second then I pull him by a fender ,He is at the middle of my passenger fender and He shifts into second gear and Loses traction and gets so sideways,
He almost drives his left front fender into My passenger door and wrecks us both , Im in second and He pulls up fender to fender and starts to pull ahead ,
Traffic is coming up fast at 70 miles an hour so I let off
BECAUSE HE ALMOST HIT ME and he goes by ,
We both come up to the next light and I say out my window lets try it from a 20 mph roll , ME knowing thats the sweet spot for my truck ,
We both hit it at 20 mph and I smoke the GTO by three TRUCK lenths so He shuts down and we roll up to the next light He`s wavein High 5 and that was cool and all that ,
I say to him through the window , MAN I thought those things were fast what happend , He Laughs and says well I lost traction and all that , I say yea ok and you almost hit me and wrecked me out .

He just laughs ,THIS kinda made Me mad :nonono:
But then Hes just a SLOW GTO owner that CANT DRIVE and almost took me and my buddy out :shrug:
LIGHTNING - +1
GTO - 0

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Good race. You out drove him for sure. A 20 roll on the stock slushbox in the GTO will wait to downshift while you just pull away, unless he manually pulled it dowe into 1st. By the sounds of it, he didn't do that! He needs driving lessons.

Black04Lightning

Established Member
CPViolation said:
Nice
BTW, I used to live in Martinez..

I used to live in Martinez Too
The first home I owned was 2 blocks from Foster Freeze
It took ME awhile to get used to the Amtrack Midnite express that always came in late at 2 am ,
seemed like the guys running the train blew the train horn for 4 or 5 minutes every nite , laffin , :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread