04 Cobra vs 2010 Shelby...Winner???

Zan186

Established Member
Racing a GT500 Stock is sad. Ford really dropped the ball with this car stock. Wheel Hop is horrible, the tires are too thin and lack traction. The supercharger is pathetic in that it doesn't even contribute until you are over 3000 RPM's. The CAI on the 07 to 09 is terrible. The Exhaust is definately not impressive (referring to 07 to 09).
I will give it high marks for style and it handle's fairly well for a big heavy car. The Transmission is very smooth and once you get going the power is there.

Now once the car has been properly modified it should be a beast. Suspension is the biggest needed upgrade. Wheel hop wrecks cars. 2.6" pully, Intake and Exhaust with some much improved rubber and you will eat Terminator's like Sarah Conner! haha!

As for money, so what if it costs more. Get a good job and earn good money. Best bang for the buck???? WTF is that! Isn't that what Honda guys say!

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
looking foward to seeing a 2010 GT500 in person, hoping there is at least one at mustang week.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Guess we have a GT500 fan boy.

No disrespect at all. GT500's are true beasts. However, you cannot beat the bang for buck out of the ever so invincible 03/04 Cobras, that are more than half the price, and can be modded for cheaper. Sorry if you have a grudge against a car that is over 7 years older than your 2010, and can still hang. My bad.

Best bang for the buck is the GT500

the GT500 is 45k when new. The Cobra was 37k for the coupe. We're talking MSRP here not for how much you can get one right now or when it was new.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member

the GT500 is 45k when new. The Cobra was 37k for the coupe. We're talking MSRP here not for how much you can get one right now or when it was new.

Ahhh.

FYI, my local Dealers are selling 2010 GT500's for almost 60K.

Terminators were never that high.

Either way, for a 7 year old car, interesting that it still competes with the GT500.

Not everyone can afford a near $1,000 a month car payment. Not everyone has cash to dump on a 45-50K car. Not everyone is rich like you Zan.

Silver03Termi

Established Member

the 04 cobra coupe was 34k new, 38k for vert. given 3% inflation. thats roughly 39k for the coupe and 45k for the vert, in todays money. i have the original sicker for my cobra and its 32,990 :read:$

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Ahhh.

FYI, my local Dealers are selling 2010 GT500's for almost 60K.

Terminators were never that high.

Either way, for a 7 year old car, interesting that it still competes with the GT500.

Not everyone can afford a near $1,000 a month car payment. Not everyone has cash to dump on a 45-50K car. Not everyone is rich like you Zan.

Yeah but like I said we are talking MSRP not how much the dealer is asking.

So if you take account inflation like the poster above mentioned. You're only talking about a 6k dollar difference between the GT500 and Cobra when both were new. 6k is very reasonable considereing the GT500 uses a new chassis with a bigger engine,better blower and better transmission. Now looks and interior can go both way since everyone has different opinions.

But I agree if you're looking at used car prices the Cobra is the best bang for the buck out there. But its a repeating cycle. Once something better comes out after the GT500 it will be the same ordeal (sp)all over again

:rolling:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
interior for both isnt even a comparison, one originated with the ugly ass sn95 body style, the other less squeakier modern better looking came out in 2005.
hmm this is a tough one

1995 mustang gt:
dscf39143pt.jpg

2003 Cobra:
interior.jpg

2010 GT500:
2010gt500interior.jpg

just wait a couple of years and the "new gt500" will be around 40k or even less.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Word. I love gt500s and want one more than you can imagine. However sentiment keeps me holding onto my cobra. I always Wave and give props to gt500 owners, but most in my experience are over confident and think they are the shit. I am happy being 25 and having a decently fast and beautiful terminator and my 07 GT with the vortech.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
That description could also fit a few Cobra owners that I have met. :lol1:
+1 It can go both ways. Also why this thread JoePac? Not all Termi owner are a-hole's or think highly of their car's. People here have met Mach 1 , Termi, Cobra's, and Shelby owners that have acted like their car's are the fastest thing in the world. Who really care's what the best bang for the buck is? Like if all Termi owner's have a KB or a Whipple. Most Termi car's ive seen are only P.I.E Cobra's and are kept that way. Most Shelby car's ive seen are driven by older people and are kept stock or also P.I.E Shelby's (which is a small percentage). Now for the people saying about the N/A Cobra's, most ive seen are just simple intake and exhaust. There are of course a rare amount with more bolt on's and power adder's but are really rare. Just buy the one that you want and do whatever you please with it, its your car. Im sticking to mine and a future Termi, im not a fan of the 05+'s but that's my opinion, doesnt mean that they are slow/weak car's. :beer:

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I don't see how anyone can be cocky or over confident wether they own A 03/04 Cobra or a GT500 or a C5 or C6 vette, etc, because there is always someone faster. And usually, the cockiest ones are the very first ones to get yanked on the track or on the street by someone they least expected. 2 scenarios come to mind. I have a friend that has a built 05 mustang GT with a 5.0 stoker and procharger making 630+rwhp, LOL, I guess never thought a lil NA C5 with a perfectly matched H/C/I combo would run door with him. I also have another friend with a 05 C6 H/C/I, He never knew a properly matched H/C/I combo on a 346ci would run door to door with his 364ci setup. Peak HP don't mean squat, it just gives you dyno bragging rights and all heads/cam cars aren't created equal....Average power produced wins races.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I don't see how anyone can be cocky or over confident wether they own A 03/04 Cobra or a GT500 or a C5 or C6 vette, etc, because there is always someone faster. And usually, the cockiest ones are the very first ones to get yanked on the track or on the street by someone they least expected. 2 scenarios come to mind. I have a friend that has a built 05 mustang GT with a 5.0 stoker and procharger making 630+rwhp, LOL, I guess never thought a lil NA C5 with a perfectly matched H/C/I combo would run door with him. I also have another friend with a 05 C6 H/C/I, He never knew a properly matched H/C/I combo on a 346ci would run door to door with his 364ci setup. Peak HP don't mean squat, it just gives you dyno bragging rights and all heads/cam cars aren't created equal....Average power produced wins races.

Yup, anything can happen on the street. I know a couple LS1 guys that think all pullied Cobras are dogs because of videos they see on the internet. Needless to say they're fairly surprised when they see one run door to door with their H/C/I fbodys. :banana:

Same goes for GT500s, people see the select few that run like shit and are shocked when they see one perform way above what they thought was possible.

Here's a little old pullied GT500 with a gear swap on BFG drag radials. He's since gone 10.5s@130mph+ :uh oh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoKKYn_TCG0"]YouTube - car race[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread