04 Cobra vs 2010 Shelby...Winner???

JoePac

Established Member
I just wanted to see how many terminater owners believe that their 03-04 invincible cobra would fair up against the new 2010 GT-500. We all know:)rolleyes: that they are light years faster then the 07-09s. :pop:

Turbor850

Turborific !
Established Member
I agree, light years . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bj3HWrKsds"]YouTube - 03 Cobra vs GT500[/ame]

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
I believe mine is faster. LOLz.. But straight line racing...well.. come on..... use the steering wheel. Even Nascar turns left.

I know I'm in denial... so what?

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
stock for stock thats a no-brainer.
id like to see both go head to head, same driver same day time attack.

i cant wait for an irs gt500, or 201X cobra with IRS

CobraKid04

Established Member
either one can be made to beat the other.....its all about what you like. The terminator is a major bang for the buck and is still the best looking..IMO To each his own.

Blaine

Established Member
Oh yes, because the 2010 GT500's are LIGHTYEARS modded beyond the 07-09 GT500's. That sound muffling air intake and Ford Tune worth 40HP could never be put on a 07-09 GT500.....

Pick the BODY STYLE YOU LIKE... and MOD AWAY... who stays stock? My mom maybe... They all go fast with a little MOD LOVIN.. Give me a few thousand to mod any car. I'll embarrass you in a Ford Focus with enough mods.

Last edited:

JoePac

Established Member
Oh yes, because the 2010 GT500's are LIGHTYEARS modded beyond the 07-09 GT500's. That sound muffling air intake and Ford Tune worth 40HP could never be put on a 07-09 GT500.....

Pick the BODY STYLE YOU LIKE... and MOD AWAY... who stays stock? My mom maybe... They all go fast with a little MOD LOVIN.. Give me a few thousand to mod any car. I'll embarrass you in a Ford Focus with enough mods.

Off topic but I heard theres an all aluminum 6.2 w/blower comeing to the 2011 gt 500's.:coolman:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Guess we have a GT500 fan boy.

No disrespect at all. GT500's are true beasts. However, you cannot beat the bang for buck out of the ever so invincible 03/04 Cobras, that are more than half the price, and can be modded for cheaper. Sorry if you have a grudge against a car that is over 7 years older than your 2010, and can still hang. My bad.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member

No disrespect at all. GT500's are true beasts. However, you cannot beat the bang for buck out of the ever so invincible 03/04 Cobras, that are more than half the price, and can be modded for cheaper. Sorry if you have a grudge against a car that is over 7 years older than your 2010, and can still hang. My bad.

:nono: i know i dont have a grudge and i plan on buying a cobra if i ever get the money but the gt500 are capable of making tons of power just like the 03/04 cobras except the gt500 requires alot less money to reach that stage of performance. however 04/03 cobras do look better:bowdown:

Blaine

Established Member

Actually the Fox body mustangs are the best bang for the buck.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
A stock could should not be able to beat a 2010 GT500. It may happen in a few random cases, however those can be accounted to the driver mod.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
well how come nobody ever brings up any 01's in this talk. Same exact thing here, lol. I like the terminators but honestly why are they considered the standard? I know, I know it's the supercharger but I've never been impressed with the stock blower on any SVT model. Yes the engine is tougher but if I did have a choice a GT500 is simply better, I would take those rims of a GT500 and get smaller ones but that's it. A 01 can beat a 03/04 with some mods, a 03/04 can be a GT500 with some mods too but mod the hell out of a GT500 or get the super snake option and see ya!

FastOldGuy52

Established Member

Stock for stock the 2003 doesn't hang with a 2010 Shelby in 2003 dollars to 2010 dollars I'm not sure which was/is more expensive relatively speaking probably the Shelby. Modded any thing can happen. For example my 2008 new was slower than the 2010. But my 2008 with its 2.9 whipple and supporting would destroy your Termi and the 2010 Shelby.

SpdPilot

Established Member
Please tell me at least other Mustang people don't actually believe all the hype of the "faster" 2010 GT500??? The public? Sure! You guys?? Come on!

Any Mustang person who doesn't live in a cave knows that everything in the drivetrain (minus some known TSB's) is exactly the same as the 09 and the only power changes came in the form of a CAI and a Tune. Which now has a street value of $500. Which BTW is the best bang for the buck mod on the planet at $10 for every 1-1.5hp.

Stock for stock, maybe the 2010 could take out 03-04 Cobra. Give each owner exactly $2000 for simple mods, just so they can at least get the car down the track and the GT500 wipes the floor with the 03-04 Cobra. Wheelhop on the GT500 almost makes the car undriveable down the track. I laugh at seeing the even the promotional videos of the GT500 doing a burn out and watching the back wheels sitting there bouncing. An Embarrasement!

My point?? Who drives these stock? NO ONE! Who only spends $2K on mods for these cars? NO ONE! And when you get up into upgraded superchargers etc etc... there are to many variables and all bets are off. A 03-04 Cobra could at anytime leave even a mod'd GT500.

So why are we debating stock for stock??

SpdPilot

Established Member
Stock for stock the 2003 doesn't hang with a 2010 Shelby in 2003 dollars to 2010 dollars I'm not sure which was/is more expensive relatively speaking probably the Shelby. Modded any thing can happen. For example my 2008 new was slower than the 2010. But my 2008 with its 2.9 whipple and supporting would destroy your Termi and the 2010 Shelby.

I disagree on the stock for stock. And that is by personal experience.

I agree on the bang for the buck. It may slightly tip towards the 03-04 but not by much. Especially since I have been hearing of $32K low mileage Shelby's being bought. And the last time I looked, "low mileage" 03-04 Cobra's were in the $25K range. And once the serious mods begin, the value of the bigger better breathing 5.4 and stronger body platflorm of the GT500 start to take effect and weight advantage of the earlier Cobra goes away.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
well how come nobody ever brings up any 01's in this talk. Same exact thing here, lol. I like the terminators but honestly why are they considered the standard? I know, I know it's the supercharger but I've never been impressed with the stock blower on any SVT model. Yes the engine is tougher but if I did have a choice a GT500 is simply better, I would take those rims of a GT500 and get smaller ones but that's it. A 01 can beat a 03/04 with some mods, a 03/04 can be a GT500 with some mods too but mod the hell out of a GT500 or get the super snake option and see ya!

Because the 03-04 smashed the same comp that the 99-01 lost to. And 90% of the races we see on here are 03+ cars

Not saying it ain't right and that 01 with the same hp is going to be faster, but it is just the norm.

I personally like the 01's a lot.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Bang for buck. 21,000 for my car, 1,500 in mods. Cobra motors are just as strong and the t56 does a great job. How is that not a great bang for buck?

I agree about fox bodies. However I like a car that isn't almost 20 years old and weighs almost nothing due to lack of interior options and what not. My 3800lb car with driver moves out faster than a lot of card and doesn't have a bigger 5.0 or 5.4. Go figure.

Performance parts are more expensive for newer models. I do own an 07 and my exhaust alone was hundreds more. You can't find as many use parts for gt500's as you can to 03/04 cobras. My point is, a car that is in the same class, that is 7 years old can compare to the new über technologically advanced gt500.

Users who are viewing this thread