04 cobra vs. 04 mach 1

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I paid $29,830 for my 04 Cobra. It is only the people that had to have one of the first one's off of the line that paid high dollar. That is only a difference of about $2,000 over a Mach 1. And with about $700 in a CAI, Pulley, idler, and Tuner I will be at about 450-475 RWHP. Show me a Mach 1 that can make that much power for less than 3 G's.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I gave 17k for my mach, on a ford d plan... Still have plenty of money left over for upgrades.

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
Hey all, especially grey03 (I thought we were already in a debate like this????) Seems to be a lot of Mach vs. Cobra threads going around.

With an O/R X, catback, drop-in K&N, and pro 5,0 shifter, I have trapped at 110 a few times. I am always in the 107-109 range now.

I have driven a cobra, and the top end is way out of a mach's range. In the 1/4, slightly modded mach's are right there/ ahead of most stock cobras.

Both cars are at the top of the charts, just in different ways. The mach suits me as being a slightly inexpensive, one of a kind muscle car. The cobra is a BADA*** machine, with bang for the buck mods being through the roof!!

The bottom line is that when modding comes into the picture, it's anybody's game. And soon, I'll be picking on some cobras, and there WILL be vid!!!

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
I got my 04' in 2003 for 26K out the door. Many have gotten them for low 20's though. The mach motor is not a cobra motor (01 or 03).

Cobras just be careful, blown/turboed machs are being born everyday, and they are pushing some nice numbers on very low boost. Almost 500rwhp at only 7-8lbs.

BlakHrse95

Established Member
This does provide for some entertainment, but how long must these posts go on?????? '03 Cobra - Wish I had one :pepper: '03 Mach - Glad I have one. :rockon:

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Almo said:
You had to go and bring up the GT's huh?

:bored:

Look at the sig. GT's are just as nice. And like they all say "with the $ I save Ill spend it on mods and smoke your MACH/Snake

Almo

Established Member
BEATNGU said:
Look at the sig. GT's are just as nice. And like they all say "with the $ I save Ill spend it on mods and smoke your MACH/Snake

Laughing.. :banana:

With that said, I totally agree. It wasn't cheap but it will be worth it for sure. :rockon:

*NOVI 2000 (2.9)
*Stage II Patriot Heads
*Stage II Billet Cams
*QA1 K-Member
*QA1 Coliovers
*QA1 Caster/Camber Plates
*60 lbs injectors
*MAC Long Tube Headers (Ceramic Coated)
*MAC off road Mid-Pipe
*Magnapack Catback
*Eagle Forge Rods
*Mahle Forged Pistons
*Morroso 7 qt. Oil pan
*Cobra Block
*Cobra Forged Crank
*ARP studs and bolts
*Cobra Fuel Tank
*Cobra Pump
*KB Boost a Pump
*KB Boost a Spark
*Reichard Racing Intake
*T-56 6 Speed
*Aluminum Drive Shaft
*Tri-Ax 6 Speed Shifter with Bullitt Trim
*SPEC Clutch (Stage 3)
*FRPP 4.10 Gears
*Eaton 31 Spline Diffriential
*Moser 31 Spline Axles
*MAC Upper and Lower Control Arms (Welded TQ boxes)
*Fabricated Subframe Connectors
*Steeda Sport Springs (Rear)
*KYB Adjustable Shocks (Rear)
*75MM Acufab T-Body
*Denso Plugs
*Saleen Pedals
*Shortend Atenna
*Black bumper inserts
*Corbeau TRS Seats
*Corbeau 3 Point Harnesses

Last edited:

Sapperstang

Established Member
BEATNGU said:
Yea, besides the bigger hood scoop it looks like a GT :pepper: couldn't resisit.

I would have to disagree. But I have heard many people say they think the Cobra looks plain. :poke:

I disagree with that too.

Users who are viewing this thread