04 cobra vs. 04 mach 1

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
03azuremach said:
This a bolt on mach, the video speaks for itself http://home.comcast.net/~SPapazian23/Mach1Shant.wmv

Guess you never read last years MM&FF article with the 03 Cobra running 11's
with slicks and the air filter taken out.

At a track a MACH wont be so far from a Cobra, on the street a MACH will look silly. Their 105 106 traps speeds just aint gonna cut it.

Last edited:

jays03gt

Established Member
justin u suck ass i cant believe u put that one there, oh well i was bored as **** that was the only action i got oh well, i still wana go from a dig for shits and giggles.

jays03gt

Established Member
by the way justin sorry for not callin u back i was at a wedding, but im all about lining them up again, like you said its for fun. oh well

Machinator

Banned
Sapperstang said:
Yeah it does not seem like that guy was even racing. Now the cobra is modded. If you come across a Mach and just automatically assume your going to win you will likely be surprised eventually. This is not a honda.

I agree with you, I love Cobras also but so many people pick on me and have no clue what they are about to get ahold of. In the end the man with the most mods will win. At the end of his video this guy says this is the difference between a mach and a cobra. I disagree the difference was a stock mach and a highly modded cobra. Oh well we could argue forever.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
well sapper, because it has different heads doesn't mean its not the same motor. Their both 4.6's. See 302's all the time with different heads, whether their twisted wedge, or edelbrocks, still the engine is a 302. And from the material that i have read, mm&ff mostly, they consider it a 01 cobra motor with diff cams. Thanks for the enlightenment. Beatngu, how do you figure a mach would look silly on the street? Just a few bolt on's and a mach is in the 12's. Thats not so silly. If your a good driver, you can be fast on the track as well as the street. What issue is this mm&ff, i have all of them for the past 3yrs. I wouldn't mind reading the article. Im not playing down a cobra, there badass,and hell of fast. But a mach isn't no slouch.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
jays03gt said:
justin u suck ass i cant believe u put that one there, oh well i was bored as **** that was the only action i got oh well, i still wana go from a dig for shits and giggles.
Sorry man, didn't give any names so i didn't think you would get mad. At least i didn't post on the kc website, just kiddin. :beer:

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
jays03gt said:
by the way justin sorry for not callin u back i was at a wedding, but im all about lining them up again, like you said its for fun. oh well
Thats cool, atleast someone got laid last night. We can go from a stop next time.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
I'll take it down if you want. I think alot of people have seen it and it is eating up space for other vids.I got poxic last night too, its pretty good but really not worth posting. I only posted because people were talking about the difference between a cobra and a mach 1, so i showed them.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I shouldn't have mentioned the "10k" at all. I figured the "generally" term wouldn't cause people grief. The bottom line is that a Cobra is more expensive, regardless of whatever special deals any of you may have gotten.

This makes me a ricer? Ummm.. k. I'll refrain from using specific numbers next time. That way I won't be a ricer. And I guess I can't talk about cost vs. performance either.

Keep in mind that the video states that the race represents the "difference between a Cobra and Mach 1". I just wanted to provide support for my argument that this video is a very inaccurate representation of the difference between these two cars.

Also, I should mention that the Mach1 solid axle rear end is superior to the Cobra's IRS when it comes to drag racing. Of course, the stock Mach1 rear end probably can't handle as much power as the IRS can, but it is definitely more ideal for launching.

Last edited:

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Poxic's wasn't long enough, i could only get a car or two on him before we hit traffic, but i'll see if I can meet up with him again.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
03azuremach said:
well sapper, because it has different heads doesn't mean its not the same motor. Their both 4.6's. See 302's all the time with different heads, whether their twisted wedge, or edelbrocks, still the engine is a 302. And from the material that i have read, mm&ff mostly, they consider it a 01 cobra motor with diff cams. Thanks for the enlightenment. Beatngu, how do you figure a mach would look silly on the street? Just a few bolt on's and a mach is in the 12's. Thats not so silly. If your a good driver, you can be fast on the track as well as the street. What issue is this mm&ff, i have all of them for the past 3yrs. I wouldn't mind reading the article. Im not playing down a cobra, there badass,and hell of fast. But a mach isn't no slouch.

Why would the MACH look silly on the street? Look at the trap speeds, a full exhaust/intake/pulley's/chip, MACH still can not trap as high as a stock Cobra.
At the track you wont see much of difference, on the street Cobras will keep pulling and pulling. Especialy from a roll.

As far as the MM&FF issue, I toss mine after 2 months unless I need it for reference so the month I dont know. The whole artical is in black and white.
It was in the winter months b/c there was a bucket of frozen water mentioned in the issue.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
wurd2 said:
I shouldn't have mentioned the "10k" at all. I figured the "generally" term wouldn't cause people grief. The bottom line is that a Cobra is more
expensive, regardless of whatever special deals any of you may have gotten.

This makes me a ricer? Ummm.. k. I'll refrain from using specific numbers next time. That way I won't be a ricer. And I guess I can't talk about cost vs. performance either.

Keep in mind that the video states that the race represents the "difference between a Cobra and Mach 1". I just wanted to provide support for my argument that this just isn't true at all.

Also, I should mention that the Mach1 solid axle rear end is superior to the Cobra's IRS when it comes to drag racing. Of course, the stock Mach1 rear end probably can't handle as much power as the IRS can, but it is definitely more ideal for launching.
Mach 1's are nice dude. I don't know who was giving you shit, I haven't read all the reply's. I wouldn't take it too serious though. I could care less what people think of my car because its my car not their's. Alot of people on this board do nothing but bash on other people's shit, thats why i don't post numbers anymore, or mods.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Grey03Cobra said:
I have to agree with you on the vid. Something is not right. I could see a KB or Whippled Cobra pulling like that, but not a stock or pullied one.

Cobra owners hate this statement more than any other IMO. So, for 10 grand you are going to put in a T-56 tranny/clutch and flywheel, pull your engine and replace the internals with some Manley H-beam rods, ARP bolts, dished forged pistons, Cometic MLS gaskets, put the engine back together and put it back into the car. Then you are going to buy a SC and install it, beef up the fuel system (injectors/pumps), and tune the whole thing??

First off, there is not a $10,000 price diff:

Mach runs around $28,000
A Cobra runs about $36,000

That is an $8,000 difference

Lets see:

Tranny: Around $2600
SC: Around $3500 More if you want an aftercooler
forged internals/gaskets: Around $1200
engine pull/machine work Around $4000 We are already past $10,000
Clutch/flywheel Around $600
Injectors/Pumps Around $600
Tune Around $200

We are at $12,700 right now. But I haven't included the cost of replacing all the fluids, labor for most of the work, etc. (That is $4700 over the price of a the Cobra)

$12,700 plus the $28,000 for the mach is $40,700. Enough to buy a Cobra, KB and supporting mods and push over 600rwhp.

Actually I was going to basicly convert my 98 Cobra to 03/04 cobra drivetrain specs, but without the IRS and it was going to be around $18,500 with labor, and that was with me reusing the 98 Block. That is why I just went ahead and bought a 04 Cobra.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
But that did include ported and polished heads, and a whipple.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Justin Blake said:
Mach 1's are nice dude. I don't know who was giving you shit, I haven't read all the reply's. I wouldn't take it too serious though. I could care less what people think of my car because its my car not their's. Alot of people on this board do nothing but bash on other people's shit, thats why i don't post numbers anymore, or mods.

No one was really giving me any crap, but they got pretty bent up on my last statement about the cost of a Cobra as compared to the cost of a Mach1.

I only replied because I didn't want people to think that Mach1's are slugs.

By the way, Tool is by far the greatest band alive today. I must agree with you on this. I bought a DVD copy of a full-length concert of theirs that is just incredible. I've seen the band live about 7 or 8 times, and I have to say that their shows surpass any other band out there, by a long shot. Do you recognize the picture in my avatar? I stole it from a Tool album!

Here are a few screenshots from that DVD:

ToolFootage01.jpg

ToolFootage02.jpg

Last edited:

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
wurd2 said:
No one was really giving me any crap, but they got pretty bent up on my last statement about the cost of a Cobra as compared to the cost of a Mach1.

I only replied because I didn't want peope to think that Mach1's are slugs.

By the way, Tool is by far the greatest band alive today. I must agree with you on this. I bought a DVD copy of a full-length concert of theirs that is just incredible. I've seen the band live about 7 or 8 times, and I have to say that their shows surpass any other band out there, by a long shot. Do you recognize the picture in my avatar? I stole it from a Tool album!

Here are a few screenshots from that DVD:

ToolFootage01.jpg

ToolFootage02.jpg
Agreed, I am ready for a new album, i know that.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Justin Blake said:

Nobody was giving him crap. He posted that he could buy a Mach, and supercharge it and save money over buying a Cobra. I replied by basically saying there was more to the Cobra than a Mach engine with a blower bolted on.

Mach1's are badass IMHO, and I have a great amount of respect for them.

I looked at this as a debate of sorts, not a flame fest. I like internet BSing, especially since I've been away from home. It's kind of a substitute of hanging out with my friends, drinking a few beers, and BSing.

Users who are viewing this thread