04 COBRA Coupe - Black (very cherry & mint)

BleedsFordBlue

Established Member
Most of what I was going to say has already been covered ad nauseum. My only advice as someone who buys cars on a frequent basis - if you want top dollar, put the stock brakes back on and trade those Saleens for a set of stock wheels.

Often the buyer with the desire to spend the most is looking for either a) a car that is running 10s or quicker, or b) something that is 100% bone stock without someone else's "mark" on it. You can achieve the latter quite easily with minimal investment, plus you can sell the brake kit. Just some friendly advice, take it or leave it. Good luck with the sale!

juice_evo

Established Member
Are you here to sell the car or what. I'm still waiting for a phone number to pass along to a friend who has cash in hand.....

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Are you here to sell the car or what. I'm still waiting for a phone number to pass along to a friend who has cash in hand.....

Sorry to keep your friend waiting bud. I have to get through this stressful week & then I can finally talk #'s, facts, & anything else with him. If I don't pass this FINAL this week & will have to wait another year to take it again.

Let him know, I will talk with him next week & give him my contact info then when I can actually talk with him. This sale & this COBRA are both very serious. I don't play around & he will see this when the add comes out... !

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I agree with the aspect regarding the brakes...the brakes are badass, but seriously; for your car being mostly stock they you might never regain the money you spent on them in the sale...put the stockers back on and sell the car with the stock brakes...then you should get your 22-2300...sell your brakes for around 2,000 and you come out around 25,000....JMO...good luck either way, beautiful car...

I agree with this. You'll get more $$ back this way hands down, just how this market works bro. beautiful car though wish you the best (or that you keep it)

and to the people who say the 03 cobra is not an investment or not worthy of feeling like a high horse. It is not a short term investment and modifying definitly only hurts that value. But if he left this car how it is with the miles it has now, I am sure to bet that it'll be relative to those late 60's gt500s pulling in crazy value because they set a new standard in mustang performance, just like the cobra?

Considering only stock performance and not aftermarket modifications, if it wasn't for the 2003 cobra and John Coletti's influence on it, the cobra/mustang tradition could have fallen through the cracks if the performance was kept on par with previous cobras. Hell the 2002 cobra prototype was so bad that the SVT focus was keeping up with it on the track...thank god they cancelled production that year or GM owners would have had more kills based on inferior competition...

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
KIND ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHO JUST SOLD THEIR PRISTINE COBRA.

I bought my car for $35k summer 2007, invested another $6k and thought I could get at least $31k for it this year. 600+ RWHP mystichrome with mileage in the low teens. Nearly perfect inside and out with a large mod list, suspension, fuel system, etc.

Guess what... my best offer was $26k and I ran with it so that I can buy a house!

If you don't like what the current economy is going to give you, hold on to it OR wake the F up.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I have decided to keep my COBRA. Just paid it off & after all that hard work & interest, it would be better to just keep it & enjoy it. I tossed & turned this idea of whether to keep it or sell it so many times it made me sick.

Sorry for those who where or who had friends that were interested in it.

Users who are viewing this thread