04 COBRA Coupe - Black (very cherry & mint)

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I like hearing what people have to say whether it's bad or good. Seeing both sides gives me a good perspective on things.

I have been busy but I will get back to those interested soon.

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
screw them, 10k miles? that clean and mint, you better get $25k atleast, wait and you will find someone that appreciates the car and will pay decent price. too many people are losing their jobs, houses, cars etc. I still have my job/car/house i am sure Kevin is just doing fine aswell. Unlike some of our counterparts on here struggling and letting their cars go for a lot cheaper than they would like. Life is a bitch then you die, expecially right now. i know times are tough but these cars are wants not needs...

HardHitter2k4

Established Member
Kevin:

In all seriousness I am possible in the market for a Cobra. I just got the deposit from a buyer on my 2005 headers/cam GTO and he will be coming Monday to finish up the sale.

I am local too (you too your picture at Valley Fair, I knew I recognized the area) so it'll be easier for both of us to be able to see the car and so forth.

03SoniCobra

no title, look away
Established Member
ummm...you spent $4,500.00 on brakes when you're running an eaton on stock boost? one question....why?

I suggest you put stock brakes back on, sell the aftermarket ones, put a reasonable price on the car and you should get your $24k after that...

face the facts, the values of these cars has dropped way down reguardless of mileage...if you seriously think of any car as an investment, i suggest you keep it in the garage for about 45 more years, then you may see a profit when selling it.

Last edited:

1hot281

Established Member
if you seriously think of any car as an investment, i suggest you keep it in the garage for about 45 more years, then you may see a profit when selling it.

+1... and like 60's muscle cars selling today at auction, the more original, the better.

Anyway, nice car, nice mileage, and nice tasteful mods... Good luck with the sale... i think $25k to $27k-$28ish isn't totally out of the question. And KBB is crap, i'd go off NADA anyday when you're dealing with a potential collector's car...

uofipilot

Established Member
you seriously asked what your car is worth? it's worth next to nothing on here, you should know that by now. on this forum, if you look in every other section these cars are gold. in the market section they are worthless.

Never thought of it that way, but you're absolutly right.

And to the OP, these cars are not appreciating at all, especially in today's economy.

Some of the 03/04 guys are starting to piss me off too. Calling someone a douche because they called your model a "termi" instead of a COBRA or TERMINATOR? Get off your high horse. "Terminator" sounds gay anyway....

At the end of the day, its still a 6-7 year old FORD MUSTANG. My car is a 12-13 year old FORD MUSTANG. I wish I could sell my 97 for 15k, but its not gonna happen. Hell, Id be lucky to get 9k for it today. I'm in the same boat you (and a lot of other guys) are in. The car is simply worth more to us than the market is willing to pay. If you can list it for 25k and get 25k, that's awesome, just not probable. If you don't have to sell the car, don't sell it till the market turns around. Right now is a great time to buy, and a shitty time to sell.

Fact is, you asked for opinions on the asking price, and got bent when someone gave a "reasonable" offer that "insulted" you.

This thread is worthless.

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
... Fact is, you asked for opinions on the asking price, and got bent when someone gave a "reasonable" offer that "insulted" you...
He got a bit heated which is understandable but he also appears to have acknowledged the notion of honest opinions, positive and negative: "I like hearing what people have to say whether it's bad or good. Seeing both sides gives me a good perspective on things..."

flattrack53

Established Member
get this car off this forum man. best thing. put it on craigslist. i gurantee it will sell. looks like a great car. if i didnt just get a 1940 ford woody id deff think about this car. good luck with the sale.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
ummm...you spent $4,500.00 on brakes when you're running an eaton on stock boost? one question....why?

I suggest you put stock brakes back on, sell the aftermarket ones, put a reasonable price on the car and you should get your $24k after that...

face the facts, the values of these cars has dropped way down reguardless of mileage...if you seriously think of any car as an investment, i suggest you keep it in the garage for about 45 more years, then you may see a profit when selling it.

I agree with the aspect regarding the brakes...the brakes are badass, but seriously; for your car being mostly stock they you might never regain the money you spent on them in the sale...put the stockers back on and sell the car with the stock brakes...then you should get your 22-2300...sell your brakes for around 2,000 and you come out around 25,000....JMO...good luck either way, beautiful car...

svtleen

Established Member
Your Cobra is super clean lookin but 'Economy' is really tough for these gas guzzlers now. If you do decide to sell ur brakes I'll be first in line just pm me.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. It will be sold soon to someone who wants & likes this car as much as I do. I have not created a full add or put up more pictures yet because I'm taking a summer class. Most of my time & energy have been spent on this mandatory math class for my business major. :(

After this week, you will all see why I'm taking only top dollar for this COBRA. Sorry to those that are interested & I haven't gotten back to yet. I already know exactly what I'm going to ask for it. But, I don't want to get people excited until I'm ready to talk business & have people come to look at this beauty... ;-)

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I was going to post my opinion after reading the OP's first post, but after reading through this thread, I think it's a joke how people are getting slammed for answering the question in which was asked to the best of their ability. Not everyone is an expert on used car sales and car values. Shooting down someones opinion after you ask for it is extremely rude; especially when they had no malicious intention behind it at all.

deec73

Established Member
KTC1-

- book values for an 04 CLEAN Cobra (10.5 k miles) range between 20.5k to 23.3k ("private party" to "retail")- nothing secret about this. Anyone can verify this. Premium for "showroom condition" cars will be ultimately judged by the buyer. And no, I am not in the market to buy your car, so don't think i am trying to soften your thinking.

- you asked for the opinions of other members; the first one that posted "22ish?"--- you slammed. That opinion was not that out of whack. If you did not like the comment, or any of the comments, you should have simply collected all of the opinions, and said "thank you"... with no arguments.

- you obviously have a price already in mind if that 22ish comment bothered you. If you, or others who have commented, thinks this is "lowballing," you need to get thicker skin. If i offered 20k for a car where the buyer was asking 25k, and he said "deal," I got a good deal. I bet ALL of you would feel the same way if you were the buyer in that situation too. And i would also assume that none of you would then say "no, i better pay more... i don't want to be labeled a lowballer."

- Even if i offered 20 and the seller said NFW, i might have just been trying to figure out where the buyer's true sell point is. I might even end up buying a car closer to asking price if the car is that good. A wise buyer probably knows that "if you never swing big, you're never going to hit a home run." You can't blame a buyer for that. That's part of negotiation, whether one likes it or not.

-By the way, "lowballers" are not necessarily "broke dudes-" they might be very successful buyers looking for a good deal. Don't take it so personal if someone offers a low number- just say "no- thanks for looking." Someone could be broke, and offer what you're asking. Two different issues.

- you car is NOT stock-cleanliness is irrelevant here. Again, two different topics. Some might pay closer/above "retail" for the collectibility of a STOCK Cobra. Modified Cobras, depending on the mods, and the tune, and the use/abuse, will be dictated by the "modified" market.

- have you looked on all the sites for the closed deals on Cobras? This will give you feel for what the market will bear. Strong or weak economy- it does not matter- unless someone approached you to buy your car, which might yield a higher sale price, you might have to negotiate, to some degree, with the buyer if you are putting it out on the market to sell it. Don't forget, the buyer can say no too.

- Bottom line- put the price that you "want" for it, sell if for no less than what you "need" for it. Be gracious for all input, whether you like it or not. The alternative is that noone could have given you any opinions to you....

My .03 (i refuse to contribute to the recession)

Steve

Very WELL said. What gets me is when someone asks your opinion of what you think something is worth, you tell them, they get all offesive like you are trying to lowball them lol. Funny thing is, I dont think a single person who posted in this thread was interested in buying the car, so how was they lowballers? Funny stuff...

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I was going to post my opinion after reading the OP's first post, but after reading through this thread, I think it's a joke how people are getting slammed for answering the question in which was asked to the best of their ability. Not everyone is an expert on used car sales and car values. Shooting down someones opinion after you ask for it is extremely rude; especially when they had no malicious intention behind it at all.

I was not shooting down anyone's opinion. :nonono: I was just wasn't agreeing with the low figures some were offering me. Like I said before, I appreciate any feedback whether it's good or bad. You might not think people are interested in it but I'm not sure why you say that. My inbox says a very different story (and this COBRA hasn't even been officially listed yet). ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread