04 COBRA Coupe - Black (very cherry & mint)

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Question is, what did you have in mind for an asking price?

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
... Penny pinchers are not going to drive away in my baby that easy. The soft economy is just an excuse to get me to lower my asking price...
Your car is a beauty but it is not what I am searching for therefore it does not make any difference to me whether you lower the price, raise it, sell the car, or keep it. You requested opinions and based on my search for the past year I feel well informed to provide you with mine. If your preference is cheerleading instead of opinions perhaps you should be a bit more specific.

The last highest Cobra sale I am aware of was a mint mostly stock 2004 silver coupe with a bit over 4K miles and sold out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for $25,600 during the month of February or March. If my memory serves me right, the seller had it in the market for a while and lowered the asking price several times.

Zeekmann

Established Member
please don't get me started on these low ballers with no money trying to make a deal and still dont buy. I love my cobra, thats worth more than trying to haggle someone on the price. I wanted/needed my cobra so these lowballers/broke dudes can keep on looking, this in not an economy car. Only some of us have this beast:) and to those that can wake up and have this dream.............................cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
The market is full of lowballers now. These cars are now 6 years old and aren't worth the huge prices people think they are. In reality you may squeeze 25K out of it if you sit on the car for a while. If you are thinking 28+ for that car you are high. No one is paying that money for terminators w/o some serious mods done to it. You aren't driving a rare car by any means. The terminator is the most produced cobra ever compared to all other years. I think the next closest year was 99 or 01 that made 7000 units.

I like your brake upgrade and MM FLSFC, but thats just me. The wheels will turn some away. If you don't like what people say then you shouldn't have asked them

IACobra

Established Member
KTC1-

- book values for an 04 CLEAN Cobra (10.5 k miles) range between 20.5k to 23.3k ("private party" to "retail")- nothing secret about this. Anyone can verify this. Premium for "showroom condition" cars will be ultimately judged by the buyer. And no, I am not in the market to buy your car, so don't think i am trying to soften your thinking.

- you asked for the opinions of other members; the first one that posted "22ish?"--- you slammed. That opinion was not that out of whack. If you did not like the comment, or any of the comments, you should have simply collected all of the opinions, and said "thank you"... with no arguments.

- you obviously have a price already in mind if that 22ish comment bothered you. If you, or others who have commented, thinks this is "lowballing," you need to get thicker skin. If i offered 20k for a car where the buyer was asking 25k, and he said "deal," I got a good deal. I bet ALL of you would feel the same way if you were the buyer in that situation too. And i would also assume that none of you would then say "no, i better pay more... i don't want to be labeled a lowballer."

- Even if i offered 20 and the seller said NFW, i might have just been trying to figure out where the buyer's true sell point is. I might even end up buying a car closer to asking price if the car is that good. A wise buyer probably knows that "if you never swing big, you're never going to hit a home run." You can't blame a buyer for that. That's part of negotiation, whether one likes it or not.

-By the way, "lowballers" are not necessarily "broke dudes-" they might be very successful buyers looking for a good deal. Don't take it so personal if someone offers a low number- just say "no- thanks for looking." Someone could be broke, and offer what you're asking. Two different issues.

- you car is NOT stock-cleanliness is irrelevant here. Again, two different topics. Some might pay closer/above "retail" for the collectibility of a STOCK Cobra. Modified Cobras, depending on the mods, and the tune, and the use/abuse, will be dictated by the "modified" market.

- have you looked on all the sites for the closed deals on Cobras? This will give you feel for what the market will bear. Strong or weak economy- it does not matter- unless someone approached you to buy your car, which might yield a higher sale price, you might have to negotiate, to some degree, with the buyer if you are putting it out on the market to sell it. Don't forget, the buyer can say no too.

- Bottom line- put the price that you "want" for it, sell if for no less than what you "need" for it. Be gracious for all input, whether you like it or not. The alternative is that noone could have given you any opinions to you....

My .03 (i refuse to contribute to the recession)

Steve

Last edited:

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Dude your car is sweet,Low milage and very tastfull mods,I would ask for $25k obo and go from there.this forum is one of the hardest places to move a car.Nothing against the members what so ever. If i were you i would list it on
autotrader.com more than likely your car will move eventually.IMO

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Dude your car is sweet,Low milage and very tastfull mods,I would ask for $25k obo and go from there.this forum is one of the hardest places to move a car.Nothing against the members what so ever. If i were you i would list it on
autotrader.com more than likely your car will move eventually.IMO

I wouldn't just list it one place. More places = More potential buyers.

Listing it here won't harm anything at all except for maybe a few guys getting butt hurt over the price but who cares? It's your car. If you don't like an offer, move along.

But I would definitely post it up on here and autotrader and modfords and craigslist and I could keep going on and on.

Good luck.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Like I said before, thanks for all the replies on my COBRA. The front brakes alone are worth $4.5 K so I think you can easily see why I'm not taking just KBB value on the car.

Once I get a real add going I will make sure it goes up on AUTO TRADER & CARS.com It's not going to be easy to sell it but it can be done. I appreciate hearing from all of you guys. Even if I'm not happy with the figure you give, it's still good to hear what people have to say.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
you seriously asked what your car is worth? it's worth next to nothing on here, you should know that by now. on this forum, if you look in every other section these cars are gold. in the market section they are worthless.

elcobrita

Established Member
The "reality" is that if someone is not in a must sell position then he can ask what they feel the car is worth.

Kevin, my opinion is that you should keep that car. If the car is paid off then it's not even a factor expense wise unless, like you said, you would like a chunk of money for a new home. My car has been paid off for a while and it will sit under the cover for a long time before I ever think about selling.
Either way buddy, it's your car and you should get what you want for it and not a penny less.
Good luck.

Hec

**EDIT**

It's funny but take a look at the some of the cars the people that are telling you to give it away are driving...LOL

o so just what we need a termi owner thinking he is the sh it because he has a "terminator." "im the big bad wolf because i have a 10th anniversary cobra. that i will not sell for less that 30gs" face it, your car is already 6 years old and 2 newer models of cobra's have come out since then. i despise termi owners who think that they are immune to the economy.

EDIT: its funny that your talking trash about peoples finances. maybe some of them have 3 different homes that they own and dont live at their parents house like you might. maybe some of em can afford 2 or 3 terminators but they dont think its smart to blow 30gs on a form of transportation. to you your car might be your life! but to some of us its just a hobby. so please jr dont think your a big shot because u own ONE car.

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
o so just what we need a termi owner thinking he is the sh it because he has a "terminator." "im the big bad wolf because i have a 10th anniversary cobra. that i will not sell for less that 30gs" face it, your car is already 6 years old and 2 newer models of cobra's have come out since then. i despise termi owners who think that they are immune to the economy.

1st of all quit calling it a "termi" douche.

2nd You're damn right I have a 10th Anniversary Cobra! What do you have again?
Not only is my car 6 1/2 years old, it only has 6,500 miles on it. And before you go opening your piehole about not driving it, I am doing EXACTLY what I bought the car for. Why? BECAUSE I CAN.

3rd Since 2003 there has only been 1 other Cobra that has been produced, can you guess in all your infinate wisdom what it was? Give up? It was the 2004 Cobra. The 2007-2009 SHELBY'S were NOT Cobras dumbass.

EDIT: its funny that your talking trash about peoples finances. maybe some of them have 3 different homes that they own and dont live at their parents house like you might. maybe some of em can afford 2 or 3 terminators but they dont think its smart to blow 30gs on a form of transportation. to you your car might be your life! but to some of us its just a hobby. so please jr dont think your a big shot because u own ONE car.

I have one home, that's all I need. My Mother and Father have been dead for 5 years now so there goes your theory.

I can certainly afford another TERMINATOR but why? I really don't need one at this point in my life. My other 2 new cars suit me just fine.

So there YOU go jr, now go clean your room.

rexisme

Established Member
Dont get mad at their opinions even if most of them are dumb as ****. But, you did ask for them. Put it up for sale now someone who can actually afford the car will see it's value and pick it up. Everyone forgets that 7 months ago a 04 with thAt low mileage couldn't be had for under 27k unless the guy had to sell

dom418

Established Member
Man if I was trying to sell my Terminator the LAST place I would even think of putting it would be in this forum! You are just asking to get pissed off by these jokers that don't even own a Terminator. People want these cars bad and come to this board to low ball pretty much any car in this section. I paid a lot of money for my car just this past November, same car as yours, mine only had 4200 miles on it and all original. I paid that much because it was worth it to me and I don't give a crap what blue book says its worth or the age of the car. I guess people paying high prices for 93 Cobras are nuts then huh? It is a 16 year old car, and blue book says they are worth nothing. Cobras have never sold for what blue book says they are worth for some reason, they are special cars, in any other place on the web your car will sell for much higher than on here. Hold on to it, yes the economy sucks but we are not talking about trying to sell an escalade, people buying these cars are doing so because they want a toy, I did, and the economy was bad back then. If these guys want to spend 22K it is going to have to be a higher mileage Cobra. Stick to your guns man.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Some people need to grow up, Kevin, I'd request this thread be closed. It's pointless. If you want to sell your car, write up and add with what you want for the car and post it. If it sells it sells.

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
He can easily determine the car's market value and national interest by placing adds on the AutoTrader and eBay as other SVTP members previously have.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Man if I was trying to sell my Terminator the LAST place I would even think of putting it would be in this forum! You are just asking to get pissed off by these jokers that don't even own a Terminator. People want these cars bad and come to this board to low ball pretty much any car in this section. I paid a lot of money for my car just this past November, same car as yours, mine only had 4200 miles on it and all original. I paid that much because it was worth it to me and I don't give a crap what blue book says its worth or the age of the car. I guess people paying high prices for 93 Cobras are nuts then huh? It is a 16 year old car, and blue book says they are worth nothing. Cobras have never sold for what blue book says they are worth for some reason, they are special cars, in any other place on the web your car will sell for much higher than on here. Hold on to it, yes the economy sucks but we are not talking about trying to sell an escalade, people buying these cars are doing so because they want a toy, I did, and the economy was bad back then. If these guys want to spend 22K it is going to have to be a higher mileage Cobra. Stick to your guns man.

I agree 100%, not to mention, this is a car you can confidently purchase sight unseen and know you're getting what you're paying for.

Users who are viewing this thread