04 COBRA Coupe - Black (very cherry & mint)

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I will be putting my car up for sale soon. I'm the original owner of it & it's way too clean to even imagine. I had never been driven in the rain & has about 10.5K on it. It has MM FLSFC's, 18" gun metal grey SALEEN wheels, premium PS-2 tires & some 6-piston BAER front brakes, was dyno tuned by RICK @ Amazon, has a BORLA quiet/cat-back & a Magna Flow catted mid-pip (among other mods)...

Needless to say, I will be selling it & want to know what you fellas think is a fair price for it. The car still smells new & their is not a single wrinkle in any of the leather.

LET ME KNOW... ! :read:

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
IMG_1628.gif

There she is... ! ^^^

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
IMO, you are in the ballpark with the figure you mentioned, expecting to recover the money spent for upgrades might not be easy. If there is one constant I've noticed on this board, AutoTrader, and eBay in the last year is upgrades have little or no return of the original investments and to a certain point hinder or prolong sales mainly due to the higher asking prices.

You might like to let the members know if you have the original wheels and parts. Best of luck.

Tenscamaro

Established Member
I've been looking for a while and compared alot of prices. I think that 22k is probably about right... if it was bone stock, then 24-25k. alot of guys are standing firm on the prices and that is great, but if you really want to sell it you will take the advise given... Don't ask and then tell someone that they must be crazy after they take the time to help you by giving you the opinions that you asked for??? BTW the picture doesn't seem to flatter your car... if you had better pictures it could make the world of difference?? Just my $.02

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
You have to be joking with a low number like that. :nonono: The car a lone is worth $24K. Plus this one has many upgrades & it's a true winter virgin. Showroom condition cars sell for premium... !

These comments may irritate you, but in this CURRENT economy it doesn't really matter what you think/feel it is worth - it is what someone else feels it is worth.

Having said that, do not misconstrue my post. I am not saying you have to give the car away, in the end, you do not have to sell if it doesn't bring the price you feel it warrants. But be prepared to sit on it a while when the asking price is more than a lending institution is going/willing to lend. Provided your car has a clean carfax, with the supporting mods you briefly listed, $24K seems as though a very fair price - NADA puts your car @ $23.3K with its present mileage.

Looks like a beautiful car, good luck with the sale :beer:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Of course your not going to like the price.

I'd list it for $23,500 or $24,000 then always come down. It's a beautiful car but we have to be realistic these days.

Mention it comes with the stock parts (if it does).

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
IMO, you are in the ballpark with the figure you mentioned, expecting to recover the money spent for upgrades might not be easy. If there is one constant I've noticed on this board, AutoTrader, and eBay in the last year is upgrades have little or no return of the original investments and to a certain point hinder or prolong sales mainly due to the higher asking prices.

You might like to let the members know if you have the original wheels and parts. Best of luck.

The car is worth more then people even realize. Every day another TERMINATOR bites the dust or becomes a welded up drag strip car, the value continues to rise. This car engine wise, is as stock as stock can be. It's never even had the s/c snout removed. If I can't get what I want for it, I'm just going to keep it. It's no big deal. Penny pinchers are not going to drive away in my baby that easy. The soft economy is just an excuse to get me to lower my asking price.

I have all the original parts, except the small/weak front brakes & the factory wheels.

Looks very clean. What color seats ? Gray or black ? RWHP/TQ # ?

They are factory FORD COBRA black seat with the dark gray inserts.

what's reason for sale?

I would like to buy a house. The car sits & I just take it out once in a while to get the fluids stirred up & the tires warmed up. It's basically a big powerful toy for me right now.

I've been looking for a while and compared alot of prices. I think that 22k is probably about right... if it was bone stock, then 24-25k. alot of guys are standing firm on the prices and that is great, but if you really want to sell it you will take the advise given... Don't ask and then tell someone that they must be crazy after they take the time to help you by giving you the opinions that you asked for??? BTW the picture doesn't seem to flatter your car... if you had better pictures it could make the world of difference?? Just my $.02

So big front brakes, new wheels & exhaust means it's not stock huh. The engine & most of this car are as stock as stock can be. Even the s/c snout has never been removed. I have lived with the stock boost level ever since day one when I bought it.

These comments may irritate you, but in this CURRENT economy it doesn't really matter what you think/feel it is worth - it is what someone else feels it is worth.

Having said that, do not misconstrue my post. I am not saying you have to give the car away, in the end, you do not have to sell if it doesn't bring the price you feel it warrants. But be prepared to sit on it a while when the asking price is more than a lending institution is going/willing to lend. Provided your car has a clean carfax, with the supporting mods you briefly listed, $24K seems as though a very fair price - NADA puts your car @ $23.3K with its present mileage.

Looks like a beautiful car, good luck with the sale :beer:

Thanks man. The car will not move of our property until the low ballers are gone. Once I create a real add I'm sure a few people with money will see it differently. Low offers will get nothing... ! Thanks for the compliments though.

Of course your not going to like the price.

I'd list it for $23,500 or $24,000 then always come down. It's a beautiful car but we have to be realistic these days.

Mention it comes with the stock parts (if it does).

Thanks... :beer:

Last edited:

JustinGTP

Established Member
:rollseyes

Why is it that 90% of Cobra owners think that mods add value to the car when in fact they don't. A car is NOT an investment. It depreciates in value every single day it gets older and every single mile that is put on it. The econemy IS in fact not that good so thinking your car is more valuable than it really is isn't going to help you in selling it. I would say whatever it books at is a fair price. So I would say $23k-$24k.

So big front brakes, new wheels & exhaust means it's not stock huh.

Yes your car is no longer stock. A stock car has the stock front brakes, the stock cat back and midpipes, and stock wheels. When YOU change something on the car it's called MODIFYING it.

You have a nice car and I am by no means trying to be an ass, but you have to be realistic. You are trying to sell a 5 year old mustang. Maybe in 2005 you might have fetched the price you are hoping for but not today or ever again.

Almost 80% of for sale threads for Terminators end up just getting bumped a lot with barely any hits because the people selling them think they are worth a lot more than they really are. I just don't understand it.

Good luck with the sale.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Kevin your car is one of the cleanest terminators out there. Anyone that visits this site knows how well you take car of that car. The car has very low miles and unless you HAVE to sell the car I wouldn't let it go for less than $25,000.
Screw these guys that are telling you 21, 22, 23k. let them go buy a 50,000 mile car that's been driven through 5 or 6 Michigan winters and look like shit.
I will never sell my car but I know what it would take for someone to get it if they wanted it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be $22,000

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Kevin your car is one of the cleanest terminators out there. Anyone that visits this site knows how well you take car of that car. The car has very low miles and unless you HAVE to sell the car I wouldn't let it go for less than $25,000.
Screw these guys that are telling you 21, 22, 23k. let them go buy a 50,000 mile car that's been driven through 5 or 6 Michigan winters and look like shit.
I will never sell my car but I know what it would take for someone to get it if they wanted it, and it sure as hell wouldn't be $22,000

Nice to hear someone who know what a "truly mint" COBRA is & has one himself. The only thing the low ballers will ever see is my COBRA in their heads. Never in real life. They have no idea how cherry this car still is. As you know (and they haven't figured out yet) is that this car is not like every other low mileage COBRA.

This car doesn't have to be sold, I just wanted to use the money to by a home. However, I don't have to sell it. People that feel I'm selling it for too much will keep on singing the same tune I have already heard. A car collector like me would realize it's value & pony up instead on discussing it's price.

I (like you) think I'm just going to keep the car. It's worth a bit more to me then $23K. All I can do is laugh at that figure. Thanks for your support & good words. It's nice to know there are a few people out there who have cars that are in this type of condition.

SVT_4_me

Established Member

regardless of how clean this car is, you have to be realistic to the market right now. the real question is: do you have to sell it or do you want to sell it? you can list it for sale and wait for someone that is willing to pay $26k+ for the car, but in today's economy that could take a while.

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
No offense fellas but you guys are only a few of the buyers out there. There are tons more people with larger wallets that have no problem ponying up on a car they feel is worth it.

If I were in a rush & "had to" sell my COBRA then thing would be different. This car may just be another 04 COBRA to some of you. However, to others is is far from just another.

We will see what happens once the engine bay, interior, underbody & additional exterior shots of the COBRA are up with the full ADD.

Thanks for all the input whether + or -. :beer:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
regardless of how clean this car is, you have to be realistic to the market right now. the real question is: do you have to sell it or do you want to sell it? you can list it for sale and wait for someone that is willing to pay $26k+ for the car, but in today's economy that could take a while.

I know what you mean & waiting for the sale is NO PROBLEM for me. ;-)

TERMIN8TR

Established Member

The "reality" is that if someone is not in a must sell position then he can ask what they feel the car is worth.

Kevin, my opinion is that you should keep that car. If the car is paid off then it's not even a factor expense wise unless, like you said, you would like a chunk of money for a new home. My car has been paid off for a while and it will sit under the cover for a long time before I ever think about selling.
Either way buddy, it's your car and you should get what you want for it and not a penny less.
Good luck.

Hec

**EDIT**

It's funny but take a look at the some of the cars the people that are telling you to give it away are driving...LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread