03 Sonic Blue with low mileage found

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
found this at AKJ Auto Sales. they sound like a small, swindle type dealer...i read the free carfax they provide, 1 prior accident but clean MA title, they claim it has a coolant leak under boost...anyone planning to look at it? looks dirty as hell on the carpet. :(

i may be interested in taking a ride this week. its not on the lot, theyre selling it through the dealer for the owner.

2003 Ford Mustang - Used Car West Wareham, Plymouth, Carver, Middleboro, Onset, Marion, Kingston, Lakeville, , Fairhaven, Kingston MA, Massachusetts, RI, NH, CT, VT, ME, NY | AKJ Auto Sales

Last edited:

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
looks pretty scary with the hardware under the hood, looks rusty? and i wonder if it was smoked in...missing lighter.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Mine had a coolant leak when I bought it turned out to be an easy fix. Just taking the chance.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
what was the issue? i could offer to trade them my bike and take a loan for the difference. but id wanna see it first. it looks like it needs a serious clean.

edit: the car just doesnt sit right with me though. looks far from in great shape.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Ken, the owner is actually a really good guy, and usually only buys nice mustangs when he has them

Edit:
Looking at the photos again, that's not at his dealership. I bet the car is on consignment.

But he is DEFINATELY NOT, a swindle type dealer.

Last edited:

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yea this car has been on Craigslist. Trans grinds too from the ad. Kid that's selling it is a hack and usually buys and sells rotted foxes. Can't find the ad currently but it's got to be the same car. I would steer clear, I've seen first hand what that kid has sold before.....

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
It looks like it's been flooded...

that was my first thought. could it have floor damage and not have been reported? i guess anything is possible. also, good to know Ken is an honest guy. i see he grabs a few mustangs here or there.

edit: @2001bullet i think i know the exact car youre talking about. its been up on craigs for a while. except i thought the one we were thinking of was for sale in CT for some reason. and they were asking $12500 or something.

Last edited:

howie8124

Established Member
I contacted AKJ. Over the summer about a red GT, I saw four or five mustangs on the web site so I took a drive down and none were on site. I asked the lady inside about all of them and she told me they were all sold after calling the owner. I found that hard to believe because they were posting ads continuously of the same cars. A few weeks ago of ford fest I saw the SAME red GT at the track WITH the for sale sign still in the window for AKJ.... WTF? At that time I asked about the sonic blue cobra and they did tell me it was asking 22k an its on consignment. Funny to see the price tank that fast but the ad states there has been an accident and its leaking coolant. I've seen the same ad Chris is talking about and the guy is from the south shore and when I see those ads I turn away.

ademily87

Established Member
that was my first thought. could it have floor damage and not have been reported? i guess anything is possible. also, good to know Ken is an honest guy. i see he grabs a few mustangs here or there.

It could've very easily been flooded and not reported. If the previous owner(s) didn't have insurance or just didn't feel like paying a deductible and didn't tell insurance, there won't be any record of it happening anywhere.

Those are some prettttyyy rusted nuts and bolts under that hood man. Look at the shock tower top even. Rusted. I'd just steer clear of this one.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Rust does look strange. Maybe it was switched to open hood vents and driven in the rain? That and the carpet tell me someone didn't give a shit about it. Not a bad price I guess but a gamble for sure.

lescok

Established Member
This car was up for sale on here 5-6 months back with a decent hit in the front that needed some frame work. If you look closely you will notice small things either changed from factory or missing-- this makes me believe the repairs weren't that great. The rust in the bay just looks like it sat without a hood outside for a week or so and caught rain no big deal. As for the it pumping coolant under boost I would assume it needs a headgasket(s). If the trans also grinds that would suck.... Price is way too high for its issues and past accidents. Not trying to offend current owner just stating what I see on car and what I remember from its old FS thread this is just my 2 cents.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I know that car. It was for sale on craigslist a few months ago for big money and the ad mentioned it needs a head gasket. It's had the frame rail sectioned in on the driver side and I don't know if it was done correctly. Each manufacturer has their own sectioning procedures, if they even allow it, and I bet he didn't follow them from Ford. I would personally steer very clear of this car. I know who did the repairs and I can't see them being done correctly. The motor and K member were out too for the front end repairs. If memory serves a used section was installed so on the plus side you have all the OEM welds some of the radiator support.

There was a transmission issue as well, but I'm not sure what it was. Just walk away from this car. I would never buy a car that was repaired by the guy who repaired it. He works in Plymouth at a bodyshop, but I forget the name of it.

The fact that the car was in an accident is no big deal, but the way it was repaired is.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Wow. Definitely good to know. I guess I never thought to think it could be the same car. But something didn't seem right for sure with the price being that low with that low of miles.

The fox or SN95 hunt continues!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Spoke with the owner.

He has an 04 vert with 111k that he said is a "MUCH nicer car" that he bought. So that tells you something.

The blue car is in fact a consignment car and is just being paid to list it for sale, and disclosed what he knew about it.

Great guy, and really honest

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

edit: @2001bullet i think i know the exact car youre talking about. its been up on craigs for a while. except i thought the one we were thinking of was for sale in CT for some reason. and they were asking $12500 or something.

I know what car your talking about. Developed a rod knock and he dropped the price a bunch.

This car was up for sale on here 5-6 months back with a decent hit in the front that needed some frame work. If you look closely you will notice small things either changed from factory or missing-- this makes me believe the repairs weren't that great. The rust in the bay just looks like it sat without a hood outside for a week or so and caught rain no big deal. As for the it pumping coolant under boost I would assume it needs a headgasket(s). If the trans also grinds that would suck.... Price is way too high for its issues and past accidents. Not trying to offend current owner just stating what I see on car and what I remember from its old FS thread this is just my 2 cents.

I also know what car you are talking about.... If this is the same car it was almost parted out but someone bought it whole, it was pretty smashed.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Most I would pay is $11, 500 for that car...God only knows what u will find once u start tearing into it..the radio bezel plastic is all chewed up..can only imagine the rest of the car.

Last edited:

gtmustang00

Established Member
Yea this car has been on Craigslist. Trans grinds too from the ad. Kid that's selling it is a hack and usually buys and sells rotted foxes. Can't find the ad currently but it's got to be the same car. I would steer clear, I've seen first hand what that kid has sold before.....

Is this the same hack from Middleboro who is always posting fox cars on craigslist?

Users who are viewing this thread