03 Cobra tuners in DFW area?

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
STROKD said:
Lets find out, ask him to let you drive his car and we'll have a do over...:rockon:

Shifting is shifting, sure I kept the race close, but when we were both in fourth, he wasn't going anywhere fast.:beer:

I've only had it on this set-up for two days. Let me get warmed up and we'll pull again. I had fun last night.
Matt, your car is sick. Can't wait to see what it does on a twin screw. "But yes, I'm still getting used to my car the way it is. We'll go again. I'm on a VERY conservative tune right now. I can still bump it up.

See ya at the meet when it gets warmer.
We'll have to do that get together over at womack's house or where ever again soon. Great times.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
xcobra04x said:
I've only had it on this set-up for two days. Let me get warmed up and we'll pull again. I had fun last night.
Matt, your car is sick. Can't wait to see what it does on a twin screw. "But yes, I'm still getting used to my car the way it is. We'll go again. I'm on a VERY conservative tune right now. I can still bump it up.

We'll have to do that get together over at womack's house or where ever again soon. Great times.
Oh I know dude, I'm just messing around... I know you are getting yours squared away, and as Steve says, I drive the wheels off mine... My tune is dead nuts, it won't pick up any power without possibly hurting the motor, I know you got more in yours... But I was thinking, your timing might be close till you get a Heat Exchanger, because if its running as warm as I think it is, it could get too hot without some cooling to the hot air first... get a HE, retune it with some more timing, and you'll smoke me.:thumbsup:

xcobra04x

Established Member
STROKD said:
Oh I know dude, I'm just messing around... I know you are getting yours squared away, and as Steve says, I drive the wheels off mine... My tune is dead nuts, it won't pick up any power without possibly hurting the motor, I know you got more in yours... But I was thinking, your timing might be close till you get a Heat Exchanger, because if its running as warm as I think it is, it could get too hot without some cooling to the hot air first... get a HE, retune it with some more timing, and you'll smoke me.:thumbsup:

yea I know you were messing. I was saying. I looked up that twin fan gords heat exchanger. I'm going to call them in the morning and see how much it is shipped and order it. It looks sweet, plus you said it was awesome. I dont think many people have it. By May, it'll have about half the stuff on there and should be alot faster. See ya later man. I had fun on I-30. We're goin to have to do that again. Haha, + womack.

xcobra04x

Established Member
haha, I was just thinking, On that second run heading back to womacks. Jason House arrived at womack's and said he could hear our cars. HAHA. thats wicked. I know those cops sitting at the gas station heard us. HAHA.

And, I could only imagne how scared Jeremy was getting when you were approching that 18 wheeler at 120+ gaining and not slowing down. I would have been jumping out of my seat. LOL. That was awesome. Were going to have to race more at coit - 190.

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
xcobra04x said:

Sounds like you did same thing I did didnt get enough seat time before taking it out there, Im sure i wont being bringing mine out right away, im going to run at the track before I even think about bringing to a gtg, Im not going to mess up my chance to run at the track, which is way more important that racing at a GTG. Im not taking that chance again, since i Know I am a much better driver at the track this time around, I'm sure I wont get great times right away, but I will with time. :-D Thats all the counts, the times at the track, this street racing crap is so overrated.

Last edited:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
Sounds like you did same thing I did didnt get enough seat time before taking it out there, Im sure i wont being bringing mine out right away, im going to run at the track before I even think about bringing to a gtg, Im not going to mess up my chance to run at the track, which is way more important that racing at a GTG. Im not taking that chance again, since i Know I am a much better driver at the track this time around, I'm sure I wont get great times right away, but I will with time. :-D Thats all the counts, the times at the track, this street racing crap is so overrated.

Street racing is the shit.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
foofinator said:
Street racing is the shit.
;-) It's over rated when you lose all the time...:lol1:

Hell I lose most of the time in the Cobra, but I have a lot of fun making people mad at their cars.:rockon:

Me on DRs = John mad at his car last night... damn Pilots! Won't even hook at 70!:poke:

Last edited:

xcobra04x

Established Member
STROKD said:
;-) It's over rated when you lose all the time...:lol1:

Hell I lose most of the time in the Cobra, but I have a lot of fun making people mad at their cars.:rockon:

Me on DRs = John mad at his car last night... damn Pilots! Won't even hook at 70!:poke:

When you get your drag's. Let me know, We'll run em again. Should be a nice race if you said you were spinning. If the race is even, I'm going to take it back to gearheads and get it running stronger. Later man

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
xcobra04x said:
When you get your drag's. Let me know, We'll run em again. Should be a nice race if you said you were spinning. If the race is even, I'm going to take it back to gearheads and get it running stronger. Later man
It was spinning BAD... not sure if it was the cold road or the cold tires, but the Pilots were ALL over the damn highway till fourth.:nonono: an 80 pull would have been lame... I'm putting my 15s on my 86 probably Wed, so I could have the DRs on the Cobra for Friday if you want a rematch?:beer:

xcobra04x

Established Member
STROKD said:
It was spinning BAD... not sure if it was the cold road or the cold tires, but the Pilots were ALL over the damn highway till fourth.:nonono: an 80 pull would have been lame... I'm putting my 15s on my 86 probably Wed, so I could have the DRs on the Cobra for Friday if you want a rematch?:beer:

I'm fine with the win. I'll give you a rematch, hopefully I'm off of work. If I am, You know where I'll be. Coit-190.
Side of 190, You and I will line em up. Tell Donnie to bring his video camera, we can get it on tape.

JKD

Banned
foofinator said:
I hope HPP has my car together by Friday. You guys are ****ed.

Friday? BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ****BREATHE**** BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :loser:

I think you mean in a month of Fridays!

adler

Established Member
I heard that there was a little bet going on Foof... If so, what size shirt does he wear? We might have a few pink ones. ;-)

JKD

Banned
Hehe, yeah we made a FRIENDLY bet, hopefully it doesnt turn into drama. It's a JOKE, between FRIENDS and NOT a slam against HPP.

Foof is claiming that HPP will have the stroker installed and the car running correctly by THIS Friday. I laughed at that knowing how busy HPP is and knowing Foof's luck with this car.

So at 12:01am Saturday, Foof will be wearing a Gearheads T-shirt for pictures and photoshop warfare. :loser:

xcobra04x

Established Member
JKD said:
Hehe, yeah we made a FRIENDLY bet, hopefully it doesnt turn into drama. It's a JOKE, between FRIENDS and NOT a slam against HPP.

Foof is claiming that HPP will have the stroker installed and the car running correctly by THIS Friday. I laughed at that knowing how busy HPP is and knowing Foof's luck with this car.

So at 12:01am Saturday, Foof will be wearing a Gearheads T-shirt for pictures and photoshop warfare. :loser:

Where are the pics taken place??? I wanna see this.
BUT. on the other hand, It would be nice to see Jeremy's car out and running.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
JKD said:
:lol: I should be able to take the pictures, I'll be in Austin.

JKD

Banned
SVT Lurch said:
:lol: I should be able to take the pictures, I'll be in Austin.

He'll be in Lewisville, standing over poor Manny's shoulder in panic mode knowing he's going to have to hear " I told you so". At 12:02am, he will back in the Corrolla heding back to Austin to hide. Yes, I said the Corrolla because he broke the silver car too. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread