03 Cobra Painted

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Here ONLY engine mods, and custom wheels are acceptable mods...:rollseyes

LOL, Thats because most of the people on this site have a little thing call "good taste" For the most part all these cars need is engine mods and wheels. If you want to body kit up a mustang by a GT because these cars don't need goofy spoilers and bumpers.... just my .02

OP, I am going to be honest and not I am not trying to bash the car at all. I LOVE the two tone red and silver and I really like the wheels. But the checkers at the back and that spoiler ruin the car IMO. I understand you want to be different but that spoiler looks out of place on this car to me. But that is just my opinion and like everyone else on the internet it is worthless LOL. One thing is funny we must have opposite tastes because I personally really like the 03/04 cobra spoiler LOL.

Regardless of what I think, Nice car :thumbsup:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Holy hell you didn't know it had a forged bottom end stock??? LOL that's the first thing that made me want to buy one! Bet that was a freakin nice surprise! LOL

Nope, sure did not. Most cars are not forged from the factory. Most cars are built to the limit and there is not much room for expandability from the factory. So, yes it was a very nice surprise to find out the motor was forged. Another reason I decided to just bolt up the 100 shot and get the tune.

However, I wish the stock half shafts could handle the extra power. Guess that is the weak link. Glad I have not had any issues with my half shafts (knock on wood). Then again I'm not putting down super HP numbers (YET).

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Those are 01-03 Roush argent rims. They are 18x9 all they way around with 265 up front and 295 out back. The hood is a 2001 Cobra R hood.

Appreciate your thoughts, but no wing or stock wing is too short for my taste. I like the Roush wing better.

Thanks for your comments Gabe.

The hood is actually a 2000 Cobra R hood. The car looks awesome, nice to see someone have the balls to modify the exterior to suite their tastes and not try to make everyone else happy!!!!!

Last edited:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Nope, sure did not. Most cars are not forged from the factory. Most cars are built to the limit and there is not much room for expandability from the factory. So, yes it was a very nice surprise to find out the motor was forged. Another reason I decided to just bolt up the 100 shot and get the tune.

However, I wish the stock half shafts could handle the extra power. Guess that is the weak link. Glad I have not had any issues with my half shafts (knock on wood). Then again I'm not putting down super HP numbers (YET).

I have gone 4 years and a TON of track passes on my stock halfshafts with 570 RWHP. They are not as much of a weak link as some you guys make them out to be.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

Don't be as worried about the half shafts. Make sure you get a diff brace.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
LOL, Thats because most of the people on this site have a little thing call "good taste" For the most part all these cars need is engine mods and wheels. If you want to body kit up a mustang by a GT because these cars don't need goofy spoilers and bumpers.... just my .02

OP, I am going to be honest and not I am not trying to bash the car at all. I LOVE the two tone red and silver and I really like the wheels. But the checkers at the back and that spoiler ruin the car IMO. I understand you want to be different but that spoiler looks out of place on this car to me. But that is just my opinion and like everyone else on the internet it is worthless LOL. One thing is funny we must have opposite tastes because I personally really like the 03/04 cobra spoiler LOL.

Regardless of what I think, Nice car :thumbsup:

Well, according to your first sentence most people on this site have "good taste," so you must be one of those with good taste. Therefore, I guess I will respect your opinion........

You, like most people on this site, do not want to bash, but have the perverbial BUT to add to your post.

I understand your point and agree we must be opposite as I beleive if it were not for the wing and checkers it would just be another two tone paint job. To you the spoiler looks out of place because you are a Cobra guy. I, on the other hand, am partial to the Roush style on this body style and I owned my Roush before purchasing my Cobra, so the wing looks right to me.

Even though you do not like what I did overall and see the additions as goofy I still respect your opinion and appreciate your feedback.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The hood is actually a 2000 Cobra R hood. The car looks awesome, nice to see someone have the balls to modify the exterior to suite their tastes and not try to make everyone else happy!!!!!

You are correct (2000). I apologize for my typo.

Thank you for your comments. I do not think I did anything to go against the grain. I like my Cobra very much, but I also like my Mustangs to be different.

Once I get home I'll post up pics of some of my previous mustangs and you guys will see this is just what I do. Nothing against the crowd or to buck the system, so to speak.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Paint Job and attention to detail is great !! Love how the pony and how it blends right in !! :thumbsup:

Thanks SBTerminator!!! Again, I tried to keep the theme throughout the car without going overboard. Getting a lot of mixed emotions here, but that is cool. It makes for great conversation and a good thread IMO.

I want to say thanks to all of you. Even though not everyone liked what I did, for the most part no one was rude or disrespectful and I appreciate that.

Jefe

Established Member
Awesome paint job, reminds me exactly of Gregs Mach. I remember your username from FNSweet. You didnt get rid of the black gold 380R did you? That thing was rare!! I miss my 03 Roush but mainly the attention it got. Night and day difference going to the Cobra though. I tend to agree with most here about the Roush wing not flowing with the Cobra body. I loved my Roush wing on my Roush.

Sweet car man! Wheels looks great on it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Awesome paint job, reminds me exactly of Gregs Mach. I remember your username from FNSweet. You didnt get rid of the black gold 380R did you? That thing was rare!! I miss my 03 Roush but mainly the attention it got. Night and day difference going to the Cobra though. I tend to agree with most here about the Roush wing not flowing with the Cobra body. I loved my Roush wing on my Roush.

Sweet car man! Wheels looks great on it.

Thanks for your comments Jefe. No, I did NOT get rid of the 380R. I still have it. Going to keep that one until I'm too old to drive or die. Whichever comes first LOL. That is also the plan for this Cobra.

Don't know if Greg is the one who owns the Mach painted by Stangwerks, but that is where the general idea came from. I think that Mach kicks @$$!!!

Thanks again for your feedback. Guess the original spoiler wins the vote here :)............

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Thank you YGOSLO!!!:beer: I really appreciate your comments. I guess the majority of Cobra owners really like the stock wing. I can definitely respect that, but the stock wing was not for me.

I'll take a few more pics of up close shots of the grill, emblems and brakes and post up later.

Thanks again!!!

That's the point; the stock 'wing' is not a wing at all. Wing's suck.

I gotta say one thing you have one hell of a good attitude. Your the type of guy that you could leave alone with your naked girlfriend. :-D

Keep smilin' dude.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
OK here are the pics of my other Mustangs:

2003 Roush 380R (currently have)
S4300042-1.gif

S4300043-1.gif

65 Coupe (Currently have)
S4300017.gif

89GT (Traded for Roush. This is the one that I wish I kept)
89GT.gif

98GT (Sold to son-in-law to buy 03 Cobra)
Eleanorangle_edited.jpg

Eleanorrearside_edited.jpg

So as you can see none of my Mustangs stay stock looking.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I gotta say one thing you have one hell of a good attitude. Your the type of guy that you could leave alone with your naked girlfriend. :-D

Keep smilin' dude.

Thanks nolyaw. Coming from you that is one hell of a compliment. So, when would you like me to prove your theory??? LMAO!!!

Seriously, I have been a Mustang guy for almost 30 years and I have been around these forums for many years and it only makes the forum's more enjoyable if you have a positive attitude and have a little thick skin. I do not mind people telling me they do not like what I did, so long as it is done with respect. There is no need to be rude to me or be disrespectful because you think my car looks like rice or you think my wing, er, I mean spoiler looks bad. I can take constructive criticisim.

A-holes are the people I have problems with and if someone is an A-hole to me you can bet you will not see a good attitude at all.

Thanks again for your comments.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Here are some pics of a diecast that I did of my car.

S4300028.jpg

S4300025.jpg

S4300030.jpg

For you fanatics, yes I know the fender emblems are missing. Have not put the graphics on yet.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
haha thats awesome! Any pics before paint job(full size car)?

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Wow man. Totally unique for sure. I think it looks great. The only thing I don't like is the spoiler. I think with a stock cobra spoiler, it would be fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread