03 Cobra Painted

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hey All,

Well, I know some of you think I'm new, but I have introduced myself (a couple years ago) and have been lurking ever since. Great site and tons of great info!!!!:rockon:

Anyway, I finally got my 03 Cobra completed and I'm able to finally post pics.

Let me know what you think. YES!!!! I DID get the idea from the Stangwerks Mach 1 Mustang. However, as you can see, I made some changes and made it my own.

I put a custom painted pony in the grill. I changed the Cobra fender emblems and went with the red inserts on my Snake emblems. I lowered the car using H&R Race springs and kept all stock ISO's. I added a JLT CAI, which I painted myself. I put the Alcon brakes on and painted them myself and I also painted the rear stock calipers to match my set up.

I started this project with my body shop the end of Jan this year and finished it today (well, is it ever finished?????).

Anyway, hope you guys like it.

S4300049.gif

S4300050.gif

S4300051.gif

S4300052.gif

S4300034.gif

Last edited:

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Finally someone else with upgraded brakes, the scheme is cool, the spoiler, not so much. The stance is right, but I don't dig tinted windows, dates the car. Is teh hood popped, it does'nt look right.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Not really my taste but it looks pretty clean.

the scheme is cool, the spoiler, not so much. The stance is right, but I don't dig tinted windows, dates the car. Is teh hood popped, it does'nt look right.

I realize this may not be your taste, but I built the car for me. Thanks for your post Stangaholic.

I like the Roush spoiler better than the stock one. Stock spoiler looks plain and boring to me. It is hot where I live and direct sunlight can damage my interior so, I tinted the windows to keep cool and protect my interior. Does not date anything IMO. People still tint windows in 2010. You are correct about the hood. I used to drive the car long distance and needed to raise the hood in order to get the bra to fit so I would not get rock chips. I do not use the bar now since I only drive the car locally and have not had a chance to adjust the latch to lower it back to the correct position. Thanks for noticing nolyaw.

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
While I've never been a fan of re-painting such rare cars with different colors, the car is yours and you should do with it as you please.

bluestang41505

Established Member
I've never seen a scheme like that and you pulled it out big time. That red is so rich, love it. Not to mention all the detail to match the scheme, incredible work.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
While I've never been a fan of re-painting such rare cars with different colors, the car is yours and you should do with it as you please.

I appreciate your honesty without being rude. I have seen some of your other posts and I know your position when it comes to repainting these cars. I do not plan on selling the car and I like to be different. Silver was nice, but I wanted to stand out from the crowed a little more without being tacky.

Users who are viewing this thread