02 2V GT VS 98 Cobra

Kiohtee

Established Member
It most definitely wasn't. A guy local to me (and a member here too) ran 8.2s in his bolt-on 2V, though it had 4.10s I believe. Still, it'd be enough to puppy kick you or me (at least my old setup).

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
i hope to come across another 2V someday out on the street(hopefully w/ a decent driver, and running strong)...then i will post...i get all my races on vid now when im not alone, i was alone...plus i dont drive my 98 that much...mostly my 93 GT...and since i got the 04 Termi i have driven it a little...have not raced anyone in it yet though.. :)

Kiohtee

Established Member
18 with a Fox, SN95 Cobra and a Terminator? :dw:

What's your secret?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Haha and you know you were like heck yes it did more than they said it would, it's a small victory inside for everyone I think. That's why I try to stay lower with my numbers. I've definitely noticed that even though the 99-04 2v's are really starting to age they are still some of the best sounding affordable cars out there. I'm currently looking for another to DD as well! Not sure if I could ever step down from an SRT8 though lol

It's gonna be tough downgrading but I call myself trying to get my priorities straight, I'm should be enrolling in a RN program this summer and I know the finiancial burden is going to be tough.

I could see you putting 4 cars on it...but him having the hit, getting out 3 cars then you stopping his pull, catching him, then putting 4 more lengths on him from 55 to 110ish? that don't sound very believable. If you lined up from a dig I can easily see 4 plus cars on your end no problem. My cobra had k&n drop in, offroad h, flows (don't hate lol) and 4.10s, stock tune, etc.... I used to murder stockish gts from a dig or roll and even the bolt on ones got shit on pretty badly. But like I said your story does sound exagerated. either way good kill keep representing the 4vs!

This is all I was trying to say, didn't mean to sound like I was dogging the OP:beer:

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
I typically thought it was more in the 250 area for just bolt ons and tunes to be honest. I'm not saying it's not possible either way, I usually try to kep my numbers conservative. Less disappointment if people are going of them, but the cam could make all the difference. All to often people put a cam in for the sound instead of peak performance.

My old '04 GT with just full bolt-ons (no cams/heads) made 274rwhp/314rwtq. That was tuned.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
That's pretty impressive truly. I'd have to say most the bolt on 2v's I saw were around in the 250 area. Every cars different.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
The HP number was on the higher end of average I would say, but the torque number was really high for those mods I think. That was with longtubes and a catted h-pipe.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Your HP is dead on with the average, but I do agree that torque is a little high. But hey, every car and every dyno is different. :cheers:

True, FULL bolt-on 2Vs don't make 250rwhp though. Minor bolt-on ones do, but not with all the fixings unless something is wrong.

2 cam sam

Established Member
A local guy here in Knoxville had his 2v running 7.90's in the eighth mile at about 84 mph. He had some weight reduction most bolt ons stock manifolds and slicks. On a 100 shot he has run 7.30's
They can run well in the eighth mile.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Nice kill OP 4V FTW! I enjoyed the story and I'll read through the rest of the B.S later. LM1s sound awesome. Have them on my Mach 1. :rockon:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Cheesy, bring your Cobra here and I'll show you what a well-driven bolt on 2v can do ;)

2v ftw. I LOVE mine. Got it for a good price, not really had any problems with it, sounds amazing, and when they have a good driver behind them, they can run good. For the power they make, they are nice cars. I convinced my friend to stay 2v and build it over going 4v. I think mine might get the nitrous treatment this summer if I don't sell it for an Evo.

Talking about my 2v is making me want to keep it and mod it up this summer. Why so much hate for the stock shifter? I have it, I can still bang gears with it, even though the throw is a mile long haha.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
I convinced my friend to stay 2v and build it over going 4v. .

Unless he was looking at an N/A 4V, you have done him a disservice. Having had a full bolt-on and tuned '04 GT, to now having the Cobra, the 2V seems now like a noisy Prius. The 2V GTs are a good bang for the buck for a car under $10k, but that's about it.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Unless he was looking at an N/A 4V, you have done him a disservice. Having had a full bolt-on and tuned '04 GT, to now having the Cobra, the 2V seems now like a noisy Prius. The 2V GTs are a good bang for the buck for a car under $10k, but that's about it.

No he didn't, A built 2v will make comparable power. Don't believe the BS you've heard for years.

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
18 with a Fox, SN95 Cobra and a Terminator? :dw:

What's your secret?

when i was 15 my parents bought my the foxbody...i paid SUPER cheap for the 98 on my own...the 04, it was my brothers he got a new 13' gt500...sold me the 04 super super cheap, which i have paid for a little, but am still in deubt for.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
No he didn't, A built 2v will make comparable power. Don't believe the BS you've heard for years.

Do you have any idea how much money you need to spend to build a 2V to make over 500rwhp, then buy all the supporting mods? You are much better off getting a Cobra. I'm not believing any "BS." I've owned both cars and looked at building my 2V. Not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread