02 2V GT VS 98 Cobra

whiteboyawesome

Established Member
The b heads are a n/a killer in my opinion i have to power shift my 97 cobra gotta feed the car rpms but with a nice blower and the b heads are amazing i never had any issues with 2vs but with proper mods will run hard you should hit it with a 150 insteAd of buying all those mods alot cheaper

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Not trying to start a war here but you clearly dont know what your talking about i have 6 videos which i can post here ifyoud like of my bros mach 1 running my 98 cobra we have similar mods and he barely beats me. Machs and cobras can run the same given the cobra has slightly more mods.

I understand that and it is possible, but most of the time it is not...I have owned/been in multiple setups and been firsthand racing or shotgun and well..I'm done typing ...Idc anymore

crystal_SVT

Established Member
I had a 97 cobra with k&n drop in, offroad h, flows and 4.10 gears. It ran well and I was able to hang with or pull a lot of cars it shouldn't have on paper. I now have an 03 mach with the mods in my sig and stock 3.55s. I think my mach vs my cobra would be a drivers race from a dig or low roll with the edge going to the mach. Once I get gears in my mach it will be no contest and clearly faster. I used to be skeptical about machs being quicker than 96-98 cobras thinking the cobra drivers getting beat couldn't drive. Now I know machs are faster stock for stock and bolt on for bolt on. I love the 98 cobras they will always have a special place in my heart and id like to own another one day. Those b heads hold them back. Needs a swap to some ported c heads and ported 01 intake then with those cams they have you would have a strong dd ecspecially with 4.30s. Figured id drop my oppinion since I've owned both cars in question. From a higher speed roll edge would clearly go to my mach...

It's not that B heads don't flow well, They have huge ports and lack velocity hence why the IMRC's were used. Spin some more rpm's and let them breathe and they really shine.

Users who are viewing this thread