02 2V GT VS 98 Cobra

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
02 GT VS 98 Cobra

Ok, I go to this mcdonalds by my house every once an a while and there is a guy with Black 2002 GT that works there, the reason i know this is becuase i have asked him before, he says he has O/r H, muffler delete, intake, plenum, TB, pullies, and tuned. He has never seen my car so he dosent know what i drive but i gave him a compliment on it. About 2 months later I am leaving the gas station (next to mcdonalds) and look who it is, he is pulling out behind me. We get to driving (my car @ the time: 98 cobra - intake, SLP lm1, 4.10's)...we are on a 4 lane highway just crusing because of traffic, i had no intentions to run this guy. We are driving and he is behind me and i see he is about 2 lanes to my left and crusies fairly fast by me. We get to a place where all the cars just break up for some reason (god showing us the way:-D) leaving an open highway kind of down hill where we can see about 1 mile ahead of us with no cars coming!!!...he is already about 2 cars infront of me and puches it ( i can hear he straight pipes lol)...by the time i hit it (we were going about 55mph) he already has about 3 cars on me...I pulled him in like nothing, passed him up while waving goodbye and pulled about 3-4 cars on him before letting off at 110-115..(still pulling like a crazy on him)...this was RAPE...and when i hit the brakes so did he, he drove beside me laughing and gave me a huge thumbs up as I did too, before turning on to another road....was always wondering what my car would do against one....anyways, i glad he didnt throw me a dirty look or a finger LOL...

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
LMAO!! This guy and his stories. Why does it seem all your stories are exaggerated?

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
LMAO!! This guy and his stories. Why does it seem all your stories are exaggerated?

really?...why does it seem that you comment on everyones race posts like you were there?...are you so un educated about racing that you dont take anything into consideration like oh idk...maybe his car was beat, and on its last breath?....maybe he is a bad driver?...maybe im powershifting my shit at 7000rpm?...maybe my car is a factory freak?....maybe my car is just the faster car?...because i dont see and BS behind this story considering everyone elses out comes are the same when a geared/ bolt-on 4v races a bolt-on 2v?!?!?!...so how about you stfu and stay off my post because obviously you know everything, and you were there for all my races...please leave, thanks

:loser:

2KBlackGT

Established Member
really?...why does it seem that you comment on everyones race posts like you were there?...are you so un educated about racing that you dont take anything into consideration like oh idk...maybe his car was beat, and on its last breath?....maybe he is a bad driver?...maybe im powershifting my shit at 7000rpm?...maybe my car is a factory freak?....maybe my car is just the faster car?...because i dont see and BS behind this story considering everyone elses out comes are the same when a geared/ bolt-on 4v races a bolt-on 2v?!?!?!...so how about you stfu and stay off my post because obviously you know everything, and you were there for all my races...please leave, thanks

:loser:

You mad brah:lol1:

I never said you didn't win I actually believe your car could beat a GT with those mods, I really do. These 2 cars are pretty much identical stock, the only difference between your car and his is gears. He starts 3 cars ahead with the hit from 55, not only do you stop his pull but you put an additional 4 cars on him by 110?

Good Kill:bored:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Don't believe this story for a second. I'd say you ran into the worst running 2v out there. No way you'd managed to make up 2 bus lengths on a good driver.

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
Don't believe this story for a second. I'd say you ran into the worst running 2v out there. No way you'd managed to make up 2 bus lengths on a good driver.

2 cars is 2 cars...not a bus lengths...of which i would say is about as long as 3.5-4 cars...and 2v's cant pull up top for shit...so dont belive me i could care less.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
2 cars is 2 cars...not a bus lengths...of which i would say is about as long as 3.5-4 cars...and 2v's cant pull up top for shit...so dont belive me i could care less.

3 from behind + 4 in front at the end = 7 car lengths = 2 bus lengths:shrug:

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
You mad brah:lol1:

I never said you didn't win I actually believe your car could beat a GT with those mods, I really do. These 2 cars are pretty much identical stock, the only difference between your car and his is gears. He starts 3 cars ahead with the hit from 55, not only do you stop his pull but you put an additional 4 cars on him by 110?

Good Kill:bored:

fine, i estimate the best i can on how many cars i pull...but next time i will get both of us to stop where we are, get out and measure with a tape measure...then i cant over exaggerate...

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Purely out of curiosity have you ever had your car to the drag strip to see what it ran?

71catruck

Established Member
i dont have a hard time believing it at all. idk how many times i did similar things when my car was stock. and ya my 99 has a little more power but with his mods they are close and with his gears he would kill a gt. the 2v motor just sucks. good kill OP

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
Purely out of curiosity have you ever had your car to the drag strip to see what it ran?

no i havent had the chance. My friend has a mach 1 with O/R x, borla stingers and intake...i can pull a little more than 1 car on him until about 100 or so, then he creeps on me...he has been at best a 13.3...

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
The 2v cars just have a bad name because 95% of the people who own them can't drive them. Stock they're capable of high 13 quarters, stick some tires on and some bolt ons you've easily got a low 13 high 12 car. Now that's nothing to brag about, but for what they are they're very respectable.

cheesySLOBRA

Established Member
The 2v cars just have a bad name because 95% of the people who own them can't drive them. Stock they're capable of high 13 quarters, stick some tires on and some bolt ons you've easily got a low 13 high 12 car. Now that's nothing to brag about, but for what they are they're very respectable.

agreed, and you can pick them up and mod them fairly cheap

71catruck

Established Member
as far as cars go for the price they arent bad at all. but you could probably change over to 4v heads for the same price as aftermarket heads cams and intake just trying to get the same power.

Users who are viewing this thread