Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Trans Am

Votes: 50 58.1%

• Total voters

allibabu

is my s/n
Established Member
Tyler Manwell said:
Hey allibabu, it good to see some more Oklahoma guys in here. I love my cobra seats they blow the doors of my old 96 cobra seats. I really like the bolstering on the sides, my only complaint is that the leather wears easly.

thanks... haha... yeah, we're few and far between. the seats in my 97 cobra vert sucked.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
allibabu said:
good question. i think it depends on the driver. i had an 00 ws6 before my 01 cobra. the ws6 was an auto. top end was the ws6, take off is my cobra. the one thing i liked better in my ws6 was the seats... so much more comfortable and durable. :-D

Are you serious?? My buddy has a 01 SS and even he admits the seats a trash. NO support whatsoever, feels like cheap vinyl sretched over cardboard. I think the seats in the 01 cobras are some of the best I have seen. The leather does wear quick though.

Ellik

Established Member
he's going to run 87 like he always has in the WS6? ok... I might give you the edge then..... he really should be running premium in that engine.... thats whats its meant to have run through it.

GM's auto's really arent a hell of a lot slower than the manuals. like was posted above, they are under-rated because it just wouldnt do for them to 'officially' have the same power as the flagship corvette. many dyno at 320RWHP stock.

good luck!!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
cobra2798 said:
There was a guy at a meet i attended last week with a 93' Firehawk. It has a 350 with exhaust and he is spraying, not sure of what size shot. He said he runs 12.7 spraying. This tells me that this car is not that quick. If he didnt spray i would take him. My best run was a 12.98 and im not the best driver. What kind of power do those cars make stock and do you think i would beat him spraying or not?

The first year LT1's were the suck.

Seriously

Hissnhoss

1 Rotation @ A time....
Established Member
Do like I do, Just talk a lot of s**t and he will be scared as he** so when it comes time to race he will choke and fall asleep!

DocHolliday01

Established Member
venomboysvt said:
nah i think the put out like 320-325 crank so it should be the same RWHP.

they are rated at 320 but it will put down at very least probably 290 going through the auto. there are many ls1's that make at the wheels what they are rated at the flywheel. and an auto gives him an advantage because unless he for some reason puts it in gear 1 he won't miss a shift. powershift your car and it will be closer.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Cobras_Rule said:
the LS1 F-Bodys are underrated. Anywhere from 290 to 320 to the ground. Auto's being on the lower side of this. Just for comparison my friend put down 365rwhp in his WS6 with full exhaust and thats it. Take it how you wanna but even talking away 45 hp he still put down 320 which is more then a stock 99-01 cobra will.

Basicly you wanna win go from a 75MPH roll. Thats your best chance against the Auto.
You go from a stop the Auto will own you the whole race unless he just spins for days.

More comparison. My girls auto C5 ran a 13.1 @ 108 with a CAI.

wat he said. My buddies Z28 ls1 (02) put down 310 STOCK to the WHEELS.
Not too shabby i would say. Either way, ive pulled away from a LS1 T/a, as well as got my ass whopped by a few too.. :kaboom:

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I've got a new Edge Cobra with Magnaflow catback and a 2001 SS Camaro (LS1) with airlid and flowmasters.

The Cobra is my "show car" but the Camaro is faster...sorry.

Niteninja

I Miss my Z...
Established Member
Stallion9769 said:
Im not really new, just never had a nice fast car like this Cobra. Everyone I talk 2 says when they ride my car feels faster than his. I have heard it accelerates alot better. And, like I said, his car is pretty ragged out, its been wrecked and he drives it like a maniac and does not take care of it. Does that fact that hes got an auto tranny not give me a better chance?

well had a LT1 in my Z28, but replacing with a LS1. and auto tranny. even the LT1 stock would spank the hell out of my Cobra. So like people say, catch him asleep and you will win.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Niteninja said:
well had a LT1 in my Z28, but replacing with a LS1. and auto tranny. even the LT1 stock would spank the hell out of my Cobra. So like people say, catch him asleep and you will win.

a stock lt1 spanking a 01 cobra, riiiiight :nono:

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
I have raced a couple of LT1s and only one comparable LS1 (all other LS1s were H/C/I)... the LT always seemed to have good lowend but fell off on the top whereas the LS leaves some lacking off the line but dominates up top. Point being, the LT1 is overall much easier to take down in a New Edge. I could be wrong on this as that is just my experiences with those cars and have never driven either of those and dont know a ton about them so flame off! LOL

Last edited:

cobrakiss

Established Member
Stallion9769 said:
Im not really new, just never had a nice fast car like this Cobra. Everyone I talk 2 says when they ride my car feels faster than his. I have heard it accelerates alot better. And, like I said, his car is pretty ragged out, its been wrecked and he drives it like a maniac and does not take care of it. Does that fact that hes got an auto tranny not give me a better chance?

the fact that he drives like a maniac means u better be ready.....he's gonna drive that t/a to win......if u'r afraid to get on your car hard then u should'nt be racing? imho...............

cobrakiss

Established Member
it's all about power to weight ratio taken out the driver............here's some numbers about the 2000 t/a ws6 motortrend put down
5.7-liter OHV V8
320 horsepower @ 5200
345 pound/feet @ 4400
56.5 horsepower/liter
same hp u got but i think the t/a is lighter?
Trans Am ripped 0-60 mph in 5.0 seconds and cleaned up the quarter mile in 13.5 seconds at 107.4 mph..i think these numbers are better than a stock 01 cobra by about half a sec..........better mod up :)

Users who are viewing this thread