• Cobra

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Trans Am

Votes: 50 58.1%

• Total voters

Stallion9769

Need to Mod
Established Member
OK, my friend has a 2000 Trans Am w/ the ram air package. I think its called a WS6 package. It has the stock LT1 and I think the only mod is some Flowmaster Muffs. It has 70K + miles and has been driven pretty hard. It is also an automatic. He told me is comes with 345 Hp and Tq Stock from the factory. I have an 01 Cobra completely stock that has only 12K miles and has been babied. It is, of course, a 5 speed. What I am getting to is, Whos got the advantage? WHo would win this race from the line or on a roll. I think I would take him but wanted to make sure before I put up any money. Thanks alot!

01lowcobra

Got wheelhop?
Established Member
I think it would be close. I have beaten a few though so i know its possible. Never got a chance to race one at the track, only from a roll. So i would say youve got him on the street, but dont know at the track.

CobraG

Established Member
Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm going to say if you're stock the TA is going to win

venomboysvt

Established Member
Both stock, it will come down to the better driver....its a 2000 ws6 it has a LS1 in it. i think it pumps out 320-325 stock.

Tango7

Established Member
If it is a 2000 it will be a LS1. If you are stock I do not think you will win. I used to have a 99T/A it had 3.45 gear and it was pretty quick stock. I love my cobra but I don't think it would take the T/A I had. But you never know let us know how it turns out.

99cobranix

Rice Eater
Established Member
You must be new to street racing huh? Unless you're an incredible driver, or your buddy is pretty bad, I don't like your chances. Especially towards higher speeds. I am 100% Cobra man, but you're going to have to throw a few mods down first.

Tyler Manwell

4.6 DOHC
Established Member
99cobranix said:
You must be new to street racing huh? Unless you're an incredible driver, or your buddy is pretty bad, I don't like your chances. Especially towards higher speeds. I am 100% Cobra man, but you're going to have to throw a few mods down first.

Same here ls1s have a very big top end you will have to mod up before trying just to give you a little edge. A tleast get a cold air kit from JLT and ge the true cai. you will notice that.

Last edited:

Stallion9769

Need to Mod
Established Member
Im not really new, just never had a nice fast car like this Cobra. Everyone I talk 2 says when they ride my car feels faster than his. I have heard it accelerates alot better. And, like I said, his car is pretty ragged out, its been wrecked and he drives it like a maniac and does not take care of it. Does that fact that hes got an auto tranny not give me a better chance?

CobraG

Established Member
Hmmm, I guess if it's been dogged real bad and the with it being an auto I think that will help you for a distance, but if it still has some Go in it, at the higher speeds he's going to reel you in and eventually pass you
Unless it is just totally busted and beat, then you should walk him in every gear, but I'd still set a limit, say no faster than 100 or 120 :shrug:

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Well I have a friend that has a the exact same car, auto and everything. He has a lid and cat-back, I have an JLT cai and exhaust. From about 65(which I think is a bad spot for these cars on stock gears) to about 110 he pulled about a car on me.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ive pulled on a 01/02 WS6 auto, when all it had was a filter and mufflers. i didnt pull hard though....just inched away slowly.

marek

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
the LS1 F-Bodys are underrated. Anywhere from 290 to 320 to the ground. Auto's being on the lower side of this. Just for comparison my friend put down 365rwhp in his WS6 with full exhaust and thats it. Take it how you wanna but even talking away 45 hp he still put down 320 which is more then a stock 99-01 cobra will.

Basicly you wanna win go from a 75MPH roll. Thats your best chance against the Auto.
You go from a stop the Auto will own you the whole race unless he just spins for days.

More comparison. My girls auto C5 ran a 13.1 @ 108 with a CAI.

svTx01

Established Member
Well i was wondering the same thing as u. Let me know how it turns out. There are about 5 t/a with the ram air where i live. Haven't had the chance to race any of them yet. Good luck!

MineralGrey

Established Member
my buddy has an 01 or 02 im not sure Camaro SS I think this has the same motor as the T/A correct me if im wrong. Stock he beat me but not by much. When i changed my rear end and my exhaust i beat him but not by much so i dont know about you beating a T/A stock sorry dude.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
I have to go with the T/A too, unless it is in bad shape. Beat on doesn't mean the engine isn't still sound. It might look like shit, but be mechanically sound and run hard.

The fact it is an auto helps you some, but your cars weigh about the same and he puts down more torque at lower RPMS.

Now if you had 4.30s, then I would say you would beat him.

Users who are viewing this thread