‘70 Boss 302 Value

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I’m going to shoot out 50 and see what happens.

Turns out his stepson is on the baseball team I coach.

Maybe I can get a discount.
Beautiful car! If you get it, please don't take it to baseball practice. I get 3/10 nervous every time I pass by an active baseball field or golf course..

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sharp, but I doubt that will stay around 53.

My hard-on for this car is two fold.

One, ‘70 boss used to be my #1 favorite Mustang.

Second, as someone else mentioned, clean 69/70 351 fastbacks are in the 50s day in day out now. The big block cars are even worse.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
This is a 70 Boss original paint I bought in the early 90's for 11k at Ford Carlisle. It was the end of the show and the car didn't sell. So I made an offer and the guy delivered it to my house. It needed a new cam and I had head work done too. These engines are designed to Rev high, they suck low end so don't expect to spank much from a roll. Handling is slightly better then a new shopping cart, but far better then big blocks of that era.
20230511_174343.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
This is a 70 Boss original paint I bought in the early 90's for 11k at Ford Carlisle. It was the end of the show and the car didn't sell. So I made an offer and the guy delivered it to my house. It needed a new cam and I had head work done too. These engines are designed to Rev high, they suck low end so don't expect to spank much from a roll. Handling is slightly better then a new shopping cart, but far better then big blocks of that era.View attachment 1793359

Jebus
11,000….that’s nuts.

I wouldn’t be racing anything in this car if I nabbed it. Just my car show cruiser, drive around town etc…

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Jebus
11,000….that’s nuts.

I wouldn’t be racing anything in this car if I nabbed it. Just my car show cruiser, drive around town etc…
It was nuts to get it for that price. I was all in though and had the upper half of the engine off it, approaching a divorce. Managed to keep it throughout that, but had to sell during a new home build.

Had a good friend a mentor really, keep suggesting to introduce me to a gentleman that has a 70 boss he bought new and it sits in his garage. He drives it once every couple months. Thing is, my friend passed before the introduction. I do know where the car is and know the guy that lives across the street from him. I did pass the car on the road earlier this spring. I did know the price the owner would take for the Boss, but a lot of time has passed. Threads like this make me wonder if I should inquire.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Damn that's pretty.
It was nuts to get it for that price. I was all in though and had the upper half of the engine off it, approaching a divorce. Managed to keep it throughout that, but had to sell during a new home build.

Had a good friend a mentor really, keep suggesting to introduce me to a gentleman that has a 70 boss he bought new and it sits in his garage. He drives it once every couple months. Thing is, my friend passed before the introduction. I do know where the car is and know the guy that lives across the street from him. I did pass the car on the road earlier this spring. I did know the price the owner would take for the Boss, but a lot of time has passed. Threads like this make me wonder if I should inquire.
When I was younger there was a Boss 302 in my town everyone knew about. It's what got me interested in them. The engine was bascially stock, but had a little head work and was balanced and blueprinted. After I joined the Navy I was back home and at a show with the family and he pulled in with that car. I was told he had kind of forgotten about it since he got into Harley's and man they were right. It needed some TLC. I asked about buying it, but he knew what he had. If I were to run into him again at some point I might try again.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Car from original post sold sight-unseen to a dude in Wisconsin for full price.

$60,000

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is a 70 Boss original paint I bought in the early 90's for 11k at Ford Carlisle. It was the end of the show and the car didn't sell. So I made an offer and the guy delivered it to my house. It needed a new cam and I had head work done too. These engines are designed to Rev high, they suck low end so don't expect to spank much from a roll. Handling is slightly better then a new shopping cart, but far better then big blocks of that era.View attachment 1793359

I missed your post back on May 11. That was a nice '70 Boss you had. My favorite color for that year. Do you miss it?

Users who are viewing this thread