The new C&D GT500 article scanned in!

01L2Cobra

Banned
Well let’s see it’s only a 260lbs difference. Add about 100lbs up front for the blower. Most of the rest of the weight is more toward the rear of the car due to no rear seat and no stereo equipment. So it would still be possible for the R to pull over .94g's and run faster in the slalom since the weight distribution is not disrupted that much.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
Show me a 3850lb '00R with stock suspension/tires that pulls 1.01g or even .94g?
Show me where the GT500 has proven to pull .94g's on the skidpad. I want to see actual numbers non Ford numbers on what we will see on the streets for real.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
No performance numbers, at this time, have been released for the GT500, except for the new C&D article.. And those numbers were estimated. :shrug:

The numbers that have been released so far, give you an idea of what the car will be capable of.. But there is no real testing that has been published, as of yet. Plus, the cars that they have ben testing, are Mules, and not final production cars indicative of what we will end up with..

And Further,
For all the IRS whiners.. Enough already, we now its a live axle.. Love it or hate it, but please, whatever you do, stop moaning about it. :cryying:

I for one, would seriously conside NOT buying the car, if it was coming with an IRS. Im very happy they decided on a Solid rear. But why argue about it at this point..

WE have a great car coming.. ITs time for Mustang fans to rejoice! :pepper:
;-)

R1Lello

Established Member
Purvis said:
No performance numbers, at this time, have been released for the GT500, except for the new C&D article.. And those numbers were estimated. :shrug:

The numbers that have been released so far, give you an idea of what the car will be capable of.. But there is no real testing that has been published, as of yet. Plus, the cars that they have ben testing, are Mules, and not final production cars indicative of what we will end up with..

And Further,
For all the IRS whiners.. Enough already, we now its a live axle.. Love it or hate it, but please, whatever you do, stop moaning about it. :cryying:

I for one, would seriously conside NOT buying the car, if it was coming with an IRS. Im very happy they decided on a Solid rear. But why argue about it at this point..

WE have a great car coming.. ITs time for Mustang fans to rejoice! :pepper:
;-)

I'm with you.................TS would be nice, but I'm betting this car with a good driver will run better than mid 12's on the stock tire and well into the high 11's with sticky's. Wait til the minor mods start on this car.........watch out for sure. My deposit will stay............it's a looonnnggg wait.

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Well let’s see it’s only a 260lbs difference. Add about 100lbs up front for the blower. Most of the rest of the weight is more toward the rear of the car due to no rear seat and no stereo equipment. So it would still be possible for the R to pull over .94g's and run faster in the slalom since the weight distribution is not disrupted that much.

I have the '00R at 3550lbs w/out driver (actual weight taken at Norwalk Raceway Park) the GT50 is supposed to be 3850lbs making for a difference of 300lbs. Put most of that additional 300lbs up front to comensate for the blower and assocaited hardware (I/C, etc.) and the IRS R has no prayer of coming close. Please. BTW, still waiting for you to link me to where HTT said the GT500 would be 350lbs heavier than a 3V GT because of the blown 5.4 by itself??? :lol:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Show me where the GT500 has proven to pull .94g's on the skidpad. I want to see actual numbers non Ford numbers on what we will see on the streets for real.

You can read them for yourself in the next few months.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I have the '00R at 3550lbs w/out driver (actual weight taken at Norwalk Raceway Park) the GT50 is supposed to be 3850lbs making for a difference of 300lbs. Put most of that additional 300lbs up front to comensate for the blower and assocaited hardware (I/C, etc.) and the IRS R has no prayer of coming close. Please. BTW, still waiting for you to link me to where HTT said the GT500 would be 350lbs heavier than a 3V GT because of the blown 5.4 by itself??? :lol:

You know... this is a good statement... and thanks for reminding me... :beer:

If we say the car (chassis) is 100 more pounds (seems to be consistent in '04 vs. '05 models).

I would think the Blower/Intercooler/AC/Radio etc... could make up the 200 additional pounds. However... the lack of IRS would deduct 100 more pounds... :D

Which seems like this car is closer to 3750... and then if you went 'R' Status... no A/C no Radio... you are 3650... :burnout:

So... It seems these weights are what we have to work with.

I just think the car is COOl! :thumbsup:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Dave Schotz said:
You know... this is a good statement... and thanks for reminding me... :beer:

If we say the car (chassis) is 100 more pounds (seems to be consistent in '04 vs. '05 models).

I would think the Blower/Intercooler/AC/Radio etc... could make up the 200 additional pounds. However... the lack of IRS would deduct 100 more pounds... :D

Which seems like this car is closer to 3750... and then if you went 'R' Status... no A/C no Radio... you are 3650... :burnout:

So... It seems these weights are what we have to work with.

I just think the car is COOl! :thumbsup:

Exactly Dave, no sense in bitching about the weight anymore, now we need to work on reducing/compensating for it.
It seems some people expect the world from a shared/compromised chassis. Even though the DEW98 is worlds ahead of the Fox it replaces, it's not a dedicated two seat sports car platform like the Vette/Caddy XLR have. :shrug:

Last edited:

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Exactly Dave, no sense in bitching about the weight anymore, now we need to work on reducing/compensating for it.
It seems some people expect the world from a shared/compromised chassis. Even though the DEW98 is worlds ahead of the Fox it replaces, it's not a dedicated two seat sports car platform like the Vette/Caddy XLR have. :shrug:
Exactly. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread