Orange/Yellow GT500 outside Best Buy

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
Looks good. But gosh damn the next person that says "plastic mirrors" and currently owns a 03/04 Cobra go out and tap the mirrors on your car. Its just got paint on it. Aftermarket world will help the 500 a lot.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Looks sweet -hood. I don't like that hood at All!! But I wouldn't turn the oppurtunity to buy one down for a second.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i think it looks like shit. no freakin way i would spend money on that.

I saw the Shelby today at the auto show and it looks like poop.
No one was around the poor thing. O well the 03-04 cobra was the last snake IMO :thumbsup:

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
one word.....AWESOME...but i too, like my cobra now, would never park it in a lot like that. too risky.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
ugly and he/she parked to close to the right line.. going to get hthere car banged up. I think its fake, but ok wth.. its ugly and fake.. or ugly and real.. still going ot be ugly in the end.

edit: he shouldn't parked it where other cars park like that big ass van next to him :shrug: A real stang owner who loves there car would not park it up so close. =) I wouldve took it to the back of the lot where ppl are 2 lazy to walk from hehe.

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Fenah said:
It weighs 3920. Its a mucle car, wad ya expect. :poke: The engine makes up for it. Also for all you pple judging this car already, dont, it looks 10 times better in person, and just wait till the specs. Also, If u want it to be light, Mod it, pull out the back seat, throw on light tires, etc. This thing is gonna be a beast :bowdown: And the yellows kinda ugly. but still nice car :banana:

Don't get me started about the weight and what did I expect statement!

I will say I think you might not understand a few of us have been around the block a time or two. I have seen a couple in person and I will be keeping my Cobra. I don't like it at all. The only thing that sparks my interest is the blown 5.4 but then again, I am reminded of the weight and it has me playing it down that much more.

Yes, I can about guesstimate how much boost to a 331 will give you at the wheels. Doesn't matter though, 3920 is dry weight, add fluids and yourself to the seat and you're up in the 4300 range. Yeah it needs to be a beast to pull its fat ass around. Sorry but there comes a point where you have to lighten it up and not just add a little more HP when you are adding weight. That said, adding a delete kit, lighter wheels, and doing a few other things isn't going to drop the 500/600 pounds it needs!

By the way, regarding your muscle car statement... last I checked this was 2006, not 1960s/70s.

Last edited:

VOD

Established Member
JH02GT said:
It looks a lot better in the other shots...this one isnt to flattering...either way it flat out looks better than the ws6 you just sold any day of the week

Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

spanky

Established Member
Test Car

It's a real test car, the numbers on the windshield are for in company ID purposes. Every Ford test car has them. As far as parking it in a buisness parking lot. You guys don't understand the test car usage mentality. Test cars aren't treated like normal cars. If you get a door ding? No biggie. Eating and drinking in the car and spill something? It's not my car. Test cars rarely get washed, oil changed, and almost never get vacumed out. Sometimes, the ground out side is cleaner than the floor mat. It doesn't matter if it's a $60,000 Navigator or a $15,000 Focus. They are all treated this way. Of course this doesn't happen to every single test car but, it happens to way more test vehicles than not. Ford has hundereds of test vehicles. And that Shelby is just another test vehicle. By the way if a test vehicle has a W in the ID number on the windshield, it will be scrapped when they are done testing it. If it has a T number on it it could be sold to the public after being restored to production level.

jleews6

Established Member
Im all set. Give me back my WS6 or my 03 Cobra over that thing anyday. I have been on the fence about them but as time go's on Im starting to just lose the feeling for them.
On top of the "not so great " looks, after the dealers add on there markup you will be close to Z06 prices. :eek:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I think some are under-estimating the new GT500. It will look way better in a coupe with a few changes from the factory. (Springs, tints, and maybe a new hood)

Also the weight is being exagerated, the curb (not dry, yes there is a huge difference) weight is 3920lbs. In any case it will be heavier, but not 4100lbs+ heavy. A lot of the added weight is in the new chassis, which is of course much improved. I would love to see it lighter, but I just don't see how it could be with that motor and chassis.

I just wish they used the hood in the concept, and of course the twin screw. :p

skinsand

Established Member
fastkars.com said:
I think some are under-estimating the new GT500. It will look way better in a coupe with a few changes from the factory. (Springs, tints, and maybe a new hood)

Also the weight is being exagerated, the curb (not dry, yes there is a huge difference) weight is 3920lbs. In any case it will be heavier, but not 4100lbs+ heavy. A lot of the added weight is in the new chassis, which is of course much improved. I would love to see it lighter, but I just don't see how it could be with that motor and chassis.

I just wish they used the hood in the concept, and of course the twin screw. :p

Good points...

Wonder what aftermarket hoods will be available considering the supposed importance of airflow over those vents. Anyone think this will have an big effect on the design of custom hoods? Just a thought based off of a rumor about the new hood. Basicly the design changed from the concept hood to this because of the switch from the Lysholm blower to the Eaton. The Eaton required more clearance and better cooling. Dunno :shrug:

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
I saw the red GT500 convert at the international car show, and it def. looked better than what I thought it would in person. Only downfall I saw was all the black plastic everywhere. I can see all the black plastic turning to shit after a year or so, not to mention getting wax or anything else on it.

BrokeUoff

Banned
hood vents are too big. Don't know about the yellow until I see it in person...may be a bit too mustard-colored for my linking, but we'll see......

-any car produced these days should not be heavier than its previous model. :mj:

what I'm dying to know is:

what size are the rear tires?!!! Please tell me they're not still running 255's.

Users who are viewing this thread