ZX14R VS "1000Horspower" duramax

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
I'm stopped in a parking lot talking to friends when the infamous 1000 horse duramax rolls up he goes: $100 right now. I reply no I'd rather not but he insist. I then reply meet here at 9 and I will have the money. I call my buddies up and tell em it's on. Its 9 o'clock and we roll out to a deserted road. They set a distance we both agree on and head down to see the outcome. He is already lined up, I take a second to switch off traction control to do a small burnout. I then switch to KTRC2 which basically will stop you from losing total control but will allow slip.
The arms drop, I hold my 4k rpm launch and slam WOT and the truck is nothing but distant headlights, I blow through the finish line at 160mph. At the end of the day feelings were hurt, and reputations were made but everyone was safe and everyone went home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXIN3f_cMsQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The camera guy only caught the last few seconds but its still a good show of the race.

Last edited:

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
He then said " I knew you would beat me" which makes no sense why waste 100$?

TVSCobra

Established Member
I had a runin with what appeared to be a newer 1000 CC Kawasaki bike. I wanted to see what my car would do, we were going 60-65, I downshifted to 3rd and signaled him, we had clear road in front of us.

I guess he underestimated me and started too high of a gear, I heard him get on it and I pull 5-6 cars on him right of the start, I heard him down shift (the bike really loud). By that time I was arleady 150+.

We never got another chance to run again. When we stopped at the light he asked what I had done, I said just some bolts-ons......
He said he was stock, I could clearly see the bike had a longer swing arm and pipe on it.

I definetly beat the rider.

I going to race a friend of mine from work with a Honda 600 CBR F4. I can't remember the year.

Last edited:

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
He was betting 100% that I was a total squid who just bought the bike. He was terribly wrong.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
1000 hp in a 6000+ pound vehicle? No doubt the bike would win

Exactly, basically I would have had to
1weigh 350lbs
2put it in reverse at the start,
3miss every shift
4blow a tire.

He was a good loser though

Last edited:

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
He said he dynoed at like 1012 hp and like 1600tq
I would believe it, it is really fast.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Guy is oblivious. I'm sure it is ridiculously fast, especially for an 8000lb truck, but lets be real here. 1000rwhp in that truck is probably like 5-600hp (maybe more) in a Mustang. While fast, no where near fast enough to roll with a bike, especially a liter+ bike.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Holy crap they are both fast. Can't just jump on that bike and ride for sure!

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
ZX14R is no joke, capable of a 9.0 bone stock. Yeah, it beat that truck by a good amount. That truck would be capable of smoking many of our cars here. They were probably hoping to beat the rider. Im still impressed with the truck.

Tubra

Established Member
He was betting 100% that I was a total squid who just bought the bike. He was terribly wrong.

AHahah we have many Squids in my area! I never pass up a chance to use that term

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
AHahah we have many Squids in my area! I never pass up a chance to use that term

50-75% of the people on crotch rockets don't know how to ride, he messed with the 25% and lost his money. It's terrible around here, all there is around here are 6's and one bmw1000 it kinda sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread