ZOOP Sealed my True Forged Mach 5's

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I know what you mean I never liked chrome wheels either.
+1

Polished looks much better IMO. A bit more classy and race inspired than chrome.

Any one can buy chrome wheels and slap them on a car. Not everyone will have high end forged polished wheels though.

Also, if your chrome starts to pit, peel or get scratched you are screwed! You will have to have them re-chromed. At least with polished you can always polish them back!

No chrome for me!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Thanks! Did you see my car at Mustang Week?

Yep. I parked across from you basically at Darlington.

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
+1

Any one can buy chrome wheels and slap them on a car. Not everyone will have high end forged polished wheels though.

You can get forged wheels in chrome (or powdercoated for that matter), so I don't understand what you're saying either?

There's just too many drawbacks to polished wheels for a finish that's very similar to the much lower maintenance chrome. And quality chrome wheels, properly taken care of, wont peel, pit or scratch.

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
You can get forged wheels in chrome (or powdercoated for that matter), so I don't understand what you're saying either?

There's just too many drawbacks to polished wheels for a finish that's very similar to the much lower maintenance chrome. And quality chrome wheels, properly taken care of, wont peel, pit or scratch.

Everyone has there own opinion I guess , I personally don't think taking care of polished wheels is a big deal if you know what your doing and if you have the right products. So I guess I don't understand what your saying because you have all this negative input on polished wheels but you wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Have you ever owned polished wheels? I'm guessing your talking about something you know nothing about?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator

Polished does NOT look like chrome. Plain and simple. Not sure why you can't understand that.

And it doesn't matter what kind of chrome you have, it CAN scratch! And when it's scratched it CAN NOT be fixed easily! Not sure why you don't understand that either. I guess you have "Magic" Chrome. :rollseyes

Now you also say properly taken care of chrome yet you posted earlier
or chrome where there is no maintenance needed.
You contradict yourself. :read:

There are just too many advantages to polished over chrome IMO. Guess it's all on how you look at it.

I'll keep my polished wheels and take care of them properly while you don't have to do anything and have your chrome. :beer:

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Polished does NOT look like chrome. Plain and simple. Not sure why you can't understand that.

And it doesn't matter what kind of chrome you have, it CAN scratch! And when it's scratched it CAN NOT be fixed easily! Not sure why you don't understand that either. I guess you have "Magic" Chrome. :rollseyes

Now you also say properly taken care of chrome yet you posted earlier
You contradict yourself. :read:

There are just too many advantages to polished over chrome IMO. Guess it's all on how you look at it.

I'll keep my polished wheels and take care of them properly while you don't have to do anything and have your chrome. :beer:

Properly maintained chrome for me means soap and water on a regular basis to keep brake dust and dirt off them. That's the extent of chrome maintenance.

What made you decide to go polished over chrome?

TORQJNKY

The look.

+1

Properly maintained chrome for me means soap and water on a regular basis to keep brake dust and dirt off them. That's the extent of chrome maintenance.

What made you decide to go polished over chrome?

I think the question was intended for 04sleeper but...

I went from chrome to polished because of "The look" just like COBRAGUY95 mentioned. It simply personal preference just like the mods you have done to your own car. They're not the same as mine but I understand that they are your personal preference and I'm good with that. The intention of this thread was to pass on some good info about my experience with a particular product. :shrug:

Last edited:

waltd20012002

Established Member
04sleeper's car is so slick and his wheels are so polished i thought they were chrome... just from looking at pics on here. that car is a work of art. sorry to hijack

OP, great job with the Zoop. the wheels look perfect to me

I just purchased a set of CCW 505A's but haven't gotten home to check em out. I ordered some rejex to help seal em up. My car is not a DD & will be garaged as well. I think i can handle the maintenance. I might have to try that Zoop if the rejex doesn't work out too well.
thanks for the topic & pics

TORQJNKY

Thanks! :beer:

04sleeper's car is so slick and his wheels are so polished i thought they were chrome... just from looking at pics on here. that car is a work of art. sorry to hijack

OP, great job with the Zoop. the wheels look perfect to me

I just purchased a set of CCW 505A's but haven't gotten home to check em out. I ordered some rejex to help seal em up. My car is not a DD & will be garaged as well. I think i can handle the maintenance. I might have to try that Zoop if the rejex doesn't work out too well.
thanks for the topic & pics

Thanks and no problem. I love the 505a's. Came real close to getting some. If you can resist putting them on right away, treat them before you put them on the car. It's much easier than doing the wheels on the car or having to take them off again. Good luck :beer:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
thread_direction.gif

All kidding aside, polished vs. chrome is like blondes vs. brunettes. Some folks prefer one over the other simply because of appearances.

I love how chrome looks; but a really GREAT piece of polished aluminum looks good as well.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Everyone has there own opinion I guess , I personally don't think taking care of polished wheels is a big deal if you know what your doing and if you have the right products. So I guess I don't understand what your saying because you have all this negative input on polished wheels but you wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Have you ever owned polished wheels? I'm guessing your talking about something you know nothing about?

As someone who has had fully polished, high end wheels in the past, I totally agree! I wouldn't, however, recommend having them on a daily driven car, though. For that use, chrome will always be better/less maint. If/when I get around to getting some TF wheels for my car, I will definitely choose the polished, or powdercoated finishes over chrome, because it really accentuates the quality of the forged wheels better than chrome does. Inmo, if you just want "chrome" wheels that look cool, you don't need to spend 3k, you can just pick a cool set of chrome, cast wheels for 1k, or less...

Last edited:

PureSound15

Established Member
I think that chrome wheels look and are cheap - where as a polished, high end, wheel shows off the quality of engineering and the wheel in general.

I had forged 3 piece wheels on my daily and it was a pain in the ass - BUT, I do think that with the time and effort I put into keeping my cobra spotless = Polished is worth the work and look.

waltd20012002

Established Member
Thanks! :beer:

Thanks and no problem. I love the 505a's. Came real close to getting some. If you can resist putting them on right away, treat them before you put them on the car. It's much easier than doing the wheels on the car or having to take them off again. Good luck :beer:

yep, i planned on sealin em up right out of the boxes.. thanx

Zeekmann

Established Member
mine are going on friday and I will not have time to seal them right away. Does this have to be done ASAP?

Users who are viewing this thread