ZOOP Sealed my True Forged Mach 5's

TORQJNKY

Today I tried out the ZOOP Seal product line on my 19" polished True Forged Mach 5's. I purchased the ZOOP Seal Deluxe kit which includes a metal polish, tire shine, cleaner, ZOOP Seal, final sealer and various accessories. On a scale of 1-10, this job is about a 5. The hardest part is polishing the wheels. My wheels were only a few months old and had zero oxidation so it was probably easier than a 5 but I did whole process anyway.

What I learned was that the metal polish provided with the kit wasn't as good as the Adams Polish #2 that I used prior to buying the kit, so I used the Adams polishe vice the provided polish, then ZOOP Sealed the wheels and then added the Final Sealer. I am very happy with the way the wheels turned out and hopefully it will protect my investment for years to come. I also did the exhaust tips while I was at it. :beer:

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I take it you used Elbow grease? I applaud you for the awsome job on the wheels. I wish that I had already polished and sealed my 20's but I just need to find the time for it.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Very nice, I actually just got done zoop-sealing my SP500's today.

Btw, Why dont TF polish inside the rim like CCW?

Last edited:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Very nice, I actually just got done zoop-sealing my SP500's today.

Btw, Why dont TF polish inside the rim like CCW?

Because Steve's arms get too tired after polishing the outside (j/k I know he will read this). The 3 piece TF's have a raw inner ring bolted on. He does polish the insides of the 2 piece rims.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Good deal. The SP500's are close to the Mach 5's. Car in your sig looks great with them. Hopefully it protects like advertised. Nope, the inside of the wheel is satin black powder coated.

Thanks man same to you. They give you a ton of stuff in the kit and their polish is spectacular. I actually split the kit with my buddy as he just got a set of TF for his Shelby GT. I applied some warter on the rim to test it out and it just rolls off the rim.:thumbsup:

96gtcan2

Established Member
They look really good but I wouldnt spend the cash for there kit. A good metal polish with a sub $30 paint or wheel sealant would prob do the same.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
They look really good but I wouldnt spend the cash for there kit. A good metal polish with a sub $30 paint or wheel sealant would prob do the same.

Had a few guys try Zoop locally. Compared to WheelWax; PB Wheel Sealant and Collinite 845IW; it lasts a good bit longer.

Rejex is about the only thing that gives it a run for it's money.

They look GREAT! :beer:

I really wish I had powdercoated my inner barrels in semigloss black a lot of days...but they're not too bad being raw either.

And your black inners look perfect in person; really wouldn't want the inners polished. Would detract from the outer rim and center section, the black makes them 'pop' just right.

oldmodman

Established Member
It's the most difficult sealer to apply but it lasts for years. I have some old motorcycle rims that I Zooped and they still are shiny ten years later.

For anyone planning on doing Zoop make sure you use distilled water for all the steps. It really is a requirement if you want the Zoop to last. The cheapest place to get Zoop is when Eastwood is having a 25% off sale.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Looking good Craig! :thumbsup:

I sealed my wheels with PoorBoys. It made the metal a lot slicker and seems to wipe the brake dust off a lot easier.

I did the inside and out because I have the 2 piece and it worked well.

TORQJNKY

Looking good Craig! :thumbsup:

Thanks Kevin. Just trying to keep up :D

Zoop sealed my wheels and complete exhaust last week ! Sweet

That's next on the list. My exhaust is coming down next week for reshine and ZOOP treatment.

They look GREAT! :beer:

And your black inners look perfect in person; really wouldn't want the inners polished.

Thanks! Did you see my car at Mustang Week?

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Looks real Good, Your car is awesome.

You running the whipple 2.3 polished or a 3.4 polished

Just picked me up a Polished 2.3, are they also in need of a sealent?

By the way

Wheres the best place to buy the Adams Polish?

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
No matter what, those polished wheels are going to be a pain in the ass to maintain. That ZOOP seal or whatever its called is a glorified wax or synthetic sealant. You could probably get NXT or Mother's and have the same results. You have two options: high maintenance care every month or so, or chrome where there is no maintenance needed.

TORQJNKY

Looks real Good, Your car is awesome.
You running the whipple 2.3 polished or a 3.4 polished
Just picked me up a Polished 2.3, are they also in need of a sealent?
By the way
Wheres the best place to buy the Adams Polish?

Thanks! I only have a 2.3. At some point I will ZOOP Seal the blower also. I bought my Adams right from adamspolishes.com

No matter what, those polished wheels are going to be a pain in the ass to maintain. That ZOOP seal or whatever its called is a glorified wax or synthetic sealant. You could probably get NXT or Mother's and have the same results. You have two options: high maintenance care every month or so, or chrome where there is no maintenance needed.

I used to have chrome wheels and conciously went to a polished wheel because I simply like the looks better. I knew of the maintenance involved with polished wheels before I made the choice to buy them, but also took into consideration that my car was not a DD and rarely sees any kind of rain or water unless I get caught out and about. I've been caught in the rain before, so that's why I treated the wheels. Just a little insurance and it makes it much easier to wipe and clean.

Polished wheels may be a pain to maintain but only if you let them go and properly treat them. What I did by sealing them is simply called preventive maintenance and a means to preserve what I paid good money for. I've experienced no greater man hours associated with the polished wheels over my chrome wheels. I wiped my chrome wheels just as often as my polished wheels. But that's just me. :beer:

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member

Why don't you try it and tell me if it's the same.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
I know what you mean I never liked chrome wheels either.

Your statement doesn't make sense. I don't like polished wheels because of the horrific maintenance, not because of the finish. They're both so close finish-wise, why wouldn't you like chrome? Its pretty much the same look without all the monkey work involved to keep them glossy (um, like chrome).

People polish the hell out of their forged aluminum wheels to make them look like chrome, so why not just get them chromed and then use soap and water to maintain and not have to waste time with a rag and metal polish? I just think its a huge waste of time and effort trying to keep up with polished wheels...especially if you paid $3k for them. Then people post things like "i f'd up my aluminum wheels, they have water spots on them, help!' No thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread