ZL1 Run In

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
the responses to that were... priceless...

but yea.. the mods have some serious heartburn over the BI.... I have no clue why... its no different than any of the SVTP lore... +65,000.... PIIHB... Op is a ******.... #Bossintake lol
link to thread?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
this poor cats thread is totally derailed right now... lol

umm... nice kill OP!

anyways... yea.. a thread was in Roadside "whats with the boss intake crap?"

couple of us made cracks and I actaully posted a decent informative response with threads linking the legend of the boss intake as it grew and the 5.Br0s worship of said intake as a God... well.. didnt even last a day lol ****in thing got deleted. for some damn reason its got um fired up...

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
this poor cats thread is totally derailed right now... lol

umm... nice kill OP!

anyways... yea.. a thread was in Roadside "whats with the boss intake crap?"

couple of us made cracks and I actaully posted a decent informative response with threads linking the legend of the boss intake as it grew and the 5.Br0s worship of said intake as a God... well.. didnt even last a day lol ****in thing got deleted. for some damn reason its got um fired up...
DAMNIT and I missed out!!! :nonono:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member

but yea.. the mods have some serious heartburn over the BI.... I have no clue why... its no different than any of the SVTP lore... +65,000.... PIIHB... Op is a ******.... #Bossintake lol
I guess I'm a cobro, and it was even getting annoying to me. It was kinda funny at first tho. That horse got worked like a soccer ball in the world cup.

1st person : "I went fishing yesterday and didn't catch anything."

next 5: "you shoulda used a boss intake yo!"

:shrug:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I guess I'm a cobro, and it was even getting annoying to me. It was kinda funny at first tho. That horse got worked like a soccer ball in the world cup.

1st person : "I went fishing yesterday and didn't catch anything."

next 5: "you shoulda used a boss intake yo!"

:shrug:

"That's what she said"

LOL

OP good runs man!

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
I ran into a ZL1 about one month ago. We where in traffic so no runs however it sounded very good (aftermarket cat back) was automatic and he was on a tire. We did quick WOT pulls next to each other I think he would of had a chance, once he installed a upper...

brandonflood123

Established Member
went and test drove a 2013 zl1 for shits and giggles the other day( theres a used one at the ford dealership by my work) and i wasnt impressed at all with its performance. its a good looking car, the interior is nice. but it lacks performance IMO

Snapp

Established Member
ZL1's are pretty slow lol. I raced one last year when I only had muffler deletes.. and no boss intake. Lost, but wasn't impressed.

Last edited:

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Lol, so much ZL1 hate...its like people forget that on a curvy road or track the brakes overheat on the GT500 and the lower horsepower'd ZL1 wins....but I digress..even a heavy ZL1 still has 580hp so I wouldn't take it lightly....course I would definitely buy a used C6Z over a new ZL1.

Snapp

Established Member
No way. A CAI and tuned one maybe . But an axle back only? Not unless the ZL1 driver suxs

My video is proof above that they clearly they need more, I only had my muffler delete and lost. Thats with no back seats, but a passenger.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Aren't they at best like 500 rwhp stock?

This was in April in MN. I hate to think how bad down south in summer.

From DB Performance...Baseline numbers on a 2013 Camaro ZL1
The 507whp run was the first run before the blower/intercooler got hot.
The second run was the 453whp run. Too much heat soak.
For the 3rd run(478whp) we tried to let it cool for a while to get the air temps down and let the engine cool some, the power came in good and then started falling over past 4500RPM.

graph_dyno1php_zps89273f60.png

Last edited:

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
No one is impressed with the zl1. But you should have caught up to him. Most likely his steering was out and he couldn't turn or stop and he was asking you for help!! Unless it was one 80 degrees outside, then it would heat soak so bad in a few miles it would have stopped itbself

Lol awesome.

Soooo do they make a zl1 vette and a zl1 camaro?

Snapp

Established Member
Link didn't work for me. Assuming close race?

Try the link again, yeah I started out in 3rd and it was pretty even, when I grabbed 4th he started to pull and into 5th he let out. But it was obvious the faster we were going I was going to lose. I was just surprised how bad he DIDNT pull on me.. lol

Last edited:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member

Probably because it's getting old as ****.

Users who are viewing this thread