Zinc Yellow Cobra-Should I do it?

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Dude if i were you i would jump on this! Thats a hell of a deal.I love yellow cars.Original owner,Low milaged stock car FTW:rockon: Im on my fourth Terminator now ( becouse i couldnt decide on a vert or coupe):rockon: and i've come to the conclusion its not the color of the car that makes the car, Its the car and how its done.IMO

prs97

Established Member
Yeah probably right about that, heres some more pics i got from the owner. *Please let me know if you guys see ANYTHING that catches your eye guys. You know these cars better then I do, thanks.

DSCN5032.jpg

DSCN5034.jpg

DSCN5031.jpg

DSCN5033.jpg

DSCN5036.jpg

DSCN5042.jpg

Does that last picture show a blue stripe on the driver side head? Maybe has Jan 05 heads on it?

I was open to multiple colors when I was searching for my car and I like the ZY a lot.

Older owner, low miles, stock, that price...hell yeah, pull the trigger on this one!

Good luck

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member
Looks like someone painted the air filter housing silver. Factory is black plastic like the intake tube..... Is it painted?
Don't think a 75 yr old would paint his air box housing. Bet this car had cold or forced air and they traded a factory air box off a silver car. Check where the box mounts to the inner fender will. Look at the bolt and around the inner fender(upper part) for scratches. I've got a feeling this car was put back to factory.

It looks like there is a glare thats why the airbox looks silver, its probably a late 03 with chrome wheels and the red coolant was put it late 03's and 04's they switched from the green stuff so thats not water wetter. It looks like a clean car.

Silver95

Established Member
yes he took that to show the blue paint on the heads. any idea wat thats about? i know that there was a re designed head.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
for that price you better buy it...youll learn to love it..i wanted every color but zinc when i bought mine and now its grown on me and i love it:banana:

most pics do the color no justice imo...it took me a while to learn how to photograph the color the way it appears in real life without washing it out:beer:

good luck with your decision:beer:

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Car looks very clean. I only noticed one thing , FYI the very early 03 got the Green fluid the balance got the gold , regardless of what other people have posted , so I'm guessing he (the owner) had a flush done. nothing wrong with that.
Did you say 11,000 kilometers or Miles. either way clean cobra , oh the WS6. is smoking.

BTW CHECK-OUT THIS LINK IT WILL HELP
Terminator FAQs

Silver95

Established Member
Car looks very clean. I only noticed one thing , FYI the very early 03 got the Green fluid the balance got the gold , regardless of what other people have posted , so I'm guessing he (the owner) had a flush done. nothing wrong with that.
Did you say 11,000 kilometers or Miles. either way clean cobra , oh the WS6. is smoking.

BTW CHECK-OUT THIS LINK IT WILL HELP
Terminator FAQs

Its 11K miles. SO around 17,000kms

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I believe the blue strip is the revised head that ford put out as a fix for the tic problem. Just what i thought i heard,I have had four terminators now and three of them have had the blue stripe on the drivers side head.

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
I just recently picked up an 03 Cobra Zinc Yellow Convertible with approx 9800 miles and wasn't a fan of the color till I saw it in person. I just bought some black chrome FR500's that look killer on the car. Next up are some H&R springs :)

GET IT!!!!!

Cheers,
Tim :beer:

jobra03

Established Member
Go for it, i get compliments on mine all the time...Mines identical to the one your looking at

Go for it. I had a zinc yellow and i used to get way more compliments than i do on my torch 03.......seems that the only place people dont like zinc yellow is the boards.

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
I am the original owner of my 4,875 mile Zinc Yellow Cobra, and boy let me tell you that it is really a much nicer color in person than what some of the board members on the internet make them out to be. I have had mine for sale on this site a while now, but hopefully it will be sold soon. Some one contacted me recently about it, so let's see. He just needs to see it in person to be sold is what I know. That's unless he already know what color he want (ZY), or is already sold based on mileage and cleanliness with mine. If not, it goes up for sale else where.

They almost change color shades depending on the lighting, so yes it will look paler than Screaming Yellow some times. The best part is it sure does look like S.Y. some times too, so you are kind of getting two yellow colors in one car. Lighter yellow during day time, and darker like S.Y. while night time. Even during the day time it can change shades depending on the weather. I find it not that boring of a color not to mention that yellow on a muscle car is just perfect.

No body has ever told me in person that my ZY Cobra was an ugly car, except for some members on the forums here over the internet! :lol1: I didn't want a yellow Cobra either, but I jumped on mine being the last '03 coupe on the lot in early '04. After a while, I grew to like it much more than I did my black '99 I had traded in for it. It looks like a nice Cobra (if mechanically sound!), so why not jump on it already! Good luck!

EDIT: No, I am not selling my car because I don't like it. We have 3 kids in the household, but two seat belts for the rear seat. Just never use it, and have to keep the SUV instead. :whine: Family doesn't want the boat gone, so it is going to stay also.

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Now im having concerns. Chrome wheels not being factory? I know that for a fact there was an option to get the wheels in a chrome finish. And you guys say the headlights are not stock either?

Can someone please do a car fax run for me if you already have a free account with them?

Daniel-how does it compare to the GM's you had before? Was there some major plus/minuses between the two cars?

Thanks.

The headlights look exactly the same as mine to me, so nothing wrong right there. '03-'04 Cobras, well, you can't compare them with your clean black GM. At least for me they are incomparable. Supercharged car with an IRS vs naturally aspirated car with live axle. Big differences. Oh, and your front passengers won't miss that hump on your GM passenger floor for sure! :lol1: :D Awesome cars to drive if you haven't already driven one yourself!

Someone is obviously misinformed about the chrome wheels being not being factory wheels. It is possible that his came with the satin wheels, and he added the chrome ones later. If the seller say they are factory wheels then they are! I have the factory chrome wheels on my '03 ZY Cobra, because it was a factory option. Only two options available for '03: Factory chrome wheels and spoiler delete. I have only the chromies, and not the spoiler delete. I checked my window sticker, and the chrome option was a $695 option. :D

PS: Seriously, I can see somebody snatching it up underneath from you if you don't move on it. This guy must want this car gone bad at only $19,000 with this little of mileage. I paid around $34,000 for mine back in 2/2004.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver95

Established Member
I am debating on going to his place tomorrow and checking it out .Its just that it rains here non stop, pos weather.

The car im sure will look nicer in person. Hopefully its never been abused but thats really hard to tell. Id hate to buy a beat up cobra, even if it is stock. Are there any key areas that I should be looking for? I know that leaky rear ends are common so I will be looking for that.

Norman, ive seen your car and your photobucket account with all the pics of it, it looks identical to the one that im looking at. Looks good man, even better at night time which is the only time I drive her.

As far as pricing of the car, we will have to see what the exact price is. It may not be 19,000 like my buddy said. He is asking 25,000 CANADIAN but my friend is confident (sales consultant) that he can get him to swing 22,000 CND which is equal to 19,000 USD. The car has been for sale locally for some time now. There was another sonic blue cobra that was gone in a week, had more miles, was more expensive, and was modded. Still went tho.

Last edited:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I am debating on going to his place tomorrow and checking it out .Its just that it rains here non stop, pos weather.

The car im sure will look nicer in person. Hopefully its never been abused but thats really hard to tell. Id hate to buy a beat up cobra, even if it is stock. Are there any key areas that I should be looking for? I know that leaky rear ends are common so I will be looking for that.

Norman, ive seen your car and your photobucket account with all the pics of it, it looks identical to the one that im looking at. Looks good man, even better at night time which is the only time I drive her.

As far as pricing of the car, we will have to see what the exact price is. It may not be 19,000 like my buddy said. He is asking 25,000 CANADIAN but my friend is confident (sales consultant) that he can get him to swing 22,000 CND which is equal to 19,000 USD. The car has been for sale locally for some time now. There was another sonic blue cobra that was gone in a week, had more miles, was more expensive, and was modded. Still went tho.

sounds like your not as interested as you should be to make the investment in the car so id just wait untill you see somthing that definatley satifys you:rockon:

Silver95

Established Member
sounds like your not as interested as you should be to make the investment in the car so id just wait untill you see somthing that definatley satifys you:rockon:

I know it may sound like this, but to be perfectly honest with you I really have some thinking to do. I am torn between the two cars. My car is just as mint and I cant complain. Never given me any trouble or let me down in any way. I really like both cars.:shrug:

Silver95

Established Member
Well I took a trip today and went to go see it.

The car is clean and she's almost 100% but im just a picky SOB.

I noticed after a 100mph the hood started to kinda shake a bit but that can be fixed.

The bottom lip on the front bumper cover is scraped, probably due to curbs.

The carpet around the pedals and the foot rest has come loose near the top, but i can velcro this back up.

The passenger seat is very close, if not almost touching the door panel. I also noticed the leather (not suede) between the two front seats has a bit of a different texture. Not cracked or anything, just more brittle/tiny bit rougher then the drivers seat.

Bottom Dollar=21.5K

Users who are viewing this thread