Zinc Yellow Cobra-Should I do it?

homer302

Banned
Looks good as far as condition. I have a Screaming Yellow 04. I paid too much because the 03 Zinc I couldn't take. It is not a good color. Pale and just weird. But it doesn't make it any slower. If the price is that good, do it. Dark tint and chrome wheels and lower it and they look pretty bitchin.

The only thing I see wrong is it has an 04 antenna but that's pretty minor I would say.

03yellow

Established Member
The faster it get the better yellow looks. The car has water wetter, blacked out headlights and cobra letter inserts on the rear. Not things a 75 yr old might put on a car..... But you never know???
Not sure if the Crome wheels are factory... Someone chime in.

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
Looks like someone painted the air filter housing silver. Factory is black plastic like the intake tube..... Is it painted?
Don't think a 75 yr old would paint his air box housing. Bet this car had cold or forced air and they traded a factory air box off a silver car. Check where the box mounts to the inner fender will. Look at the bolt and around the inner fender(upper part) for scratches. I've got a feeling this car was put back to factory.

Last edited:

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
I grew to love my ZY!

I had nothing but GM's before this car. H/C/12 bolt/full suspension 98 SS, 95 Z28, 01 Z06. I love this car for its driveability!

03yellow

Established Member
Never mind... Filter box not painted.
Looks like someone painted the air filter housing silver. Factory is black plastic like the intake tube..... Is it painted?
Don't think a 75 yr old would paint his air box housing. Bet this car had cold or forced air and they traded a factory air box off a silver car. Check where the box mounts to the inner fender will. Look at the bolt and around the inner fender(upper part) for scratches. I've got a feeling this car was put back to factory.

Silver95

Established Member
Now im having concerns. Chrome wheels not being factory? I know that for a fact there was an option to get the wheels in a chrome finish. And you guys say the headlights are not stock either?

Can someone please do a car fax run for me if you already have a free account with them?

Daniel-how does it compare to the GM's you had before? Was there some major plus/minuses between the two cars?

Thanks.

03yellow

Established Member
I don't know about the crome wheels... I just dont have them on by car... I'm almost pos. That those are not factory but smoked headlights with amber markers ...just liike mine off the Internet. The headlights do glaze over very often on these cars and need to be replaced. I just thought an older guy with a low milage car would put factory stuff back on the car. I'm 46 and debated over the cobra letter inserts. Also they went with a pretty dark tint onthe front side windows. I really have no ideal about the rims.
Having said all that the engine compartment looks like an 11,000 mile car. I paid 22,500 for my 03 with 17,000 three years ago. That was right at loan value then.
Now im having concerns. Chrome wheels not being factory? I know that for a fact there was an option to get the wheels in a chrome finish. And you guys say the headlights are not stock either?

Can someone please do a car fax run for me if you already have a free account with them?

Daniel-how does it compare to the GM's you had before? Was there some major plus/minuses between the two cars?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Silver95

Established Member
Yeah he told me he got the windows tinted at ford before he took delivery of the car. I also thought it was a bit odd that an elderly guy would throw on some cobra letter inserts out back.

Can anyone else varify about the rims and headlights? Thanks.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
i say go for it i love my zinc yellow GT ..best color you can get in my book

I wanted a low mileage, mint 03 Zinc Yellow. The color looks much better in person and I've gotten nothing but compliments on it. Go for it :rockon:

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
that cars paint is so clean it almost looks like screaming yellow. i believe the chrome wheels were an option for late 03 cars, but all the earlier cars came with the machined wheels for sure.

ummm, maybe im crazy...but does his speedometer look different?? it looks like it has way more numbers on it than mine does :??:

his
DSCN5036.jpg

mine
l_ab523890cbc0b69712ea15913d52afcb.jpg

Last edited:

T.Bone

Established Member

Thanks.

I am not sure that the car has water wetter, I have seen a few 04's roll off the line with orange coolant.

Also chrome wheels were an option starting in 03, they were not ready when the car first rolled off the line and a buddy had to go back once they came in. I also looked at an 04 Comp Orange vert with chrome rims when I purchased my SB in late 03.

People in their 70's tint windows too, my dad didn't have his new Fusion a week before he had the car tinted and he enjoys adding dress up items to his cars still. If it is in your blood then you going to mod!

Good luck with your decesion.

metaman

Established Member

That is the light bouncing off of it, it is not silver. I have met plenty of 75 year olds at car meets that would do even more to a cobra for shits and giggles. Most 75 year old car guys never grew up. I would not speculate on what a 75 year old would or would not do to the car. Don't quit your day job their Watson.

Users who are viewing this thread