Zinc Yellow Cobra-Should I do it?

Silver95

Established Member
Hey guys,

I've been prowling the boards for a few years now, reading on these cars and looking over the crazy amount of potential these bad boys have, and I've always wanted one.

Right now I have an immaculate 99 WS6, 6 speed, T-Tops with 22,000 miles and the only mods are SLP Lid and a PRO 5.0 Shifter. It took me a long time to find this car because I wanted an unmolested version, and despite the fact that F-bodies are around a lot, good luck finding a clean one.

I recently got a deacent offer for the car and started to look for a terminator. The only one I've been able to find is a ZY that happens to be pretty close to me (im in ontario, canada) The car is owned by a 75 year old gentlemen that bought the car brand new back on 03. This guy has every single piece of documentation including the plastics that came in the cars interior when it was brand new. (steering wheel cover, etc) The car is stock as a rock with the only "mods" being tint and the cobra logo on the rear bumper has black inserts. The car has 11K miles on it as well. My only concern is the color. Im not sure how well it suits the car and I still have to take a trip down there and see the car for myself.

Here are some pics both of my WS6 and the said Cobra.

Cheers.

COBRA
DSCN5016.jpg

DSCN5030.jpg

DSCN5018.jpg

MY WS6
IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

undercarriage.jpg

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Water Wetter FTW, just put some in mine a few days ago.

OP, if you like it go for it. If you don't mind me asking, how much do they want for the Cobra?

Silver95

Established Member
23-24K USD. I dont remember exactly because he had it posted last month but I dont remember the pricing. Now its re-listed but says to call for price.

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
I was never a fan of ZY until I saw this car... it's beautiful!!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...9/603280-early-summer-shoot-win-inside-d.html

Sounds like you found a really good example of what we wall wanted. Due to my budget I had to settle for a 'diamond in the rough' that I'm still working on getting to look the way it should. I say buy it and start modding. 03/04 Cobras are truly amazing cars. I've driven plenty of LS1s, owned several mustangs... nothing compares to the smile this car puts on my face every time I drive it.

Silver95

Established Member
Yea it is a very rare find no doubt about that. It's probably the main selling feature, seeing as it has full documents, clean as it can be and bone freaking stock!

cobracide

Established Member
I'm not really a fan of yellow either, but I found one with 6,800 miles on it with no mods. It's a bit of a cop magnet and it's definately a unique color. The taxi cab jokes at work get a little old. So there's the downside. The upside is it's the fastest car I've ever driven with the monster torque of a big block. I also know it hasn't been beat on for long - if it ever was since I got it with low miles. So, do I regret getting yellow? No, a good low mile unmolested cobra is the priority, color for me was secondary. Eh, maybe it grows on ya? You'll learn to love your ugly chicken mobile.. LoL!

Last edited:

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
That is a good price for a super clean low mileage car. I wasn't looking for a ZY one either but found one bone stock with 7500 miles on it. It was only two years old then and I snatched it up quick. I don't doubt it for a minute. Good luck OP

cobracide

Established Member
ugly chicken mobile? :??:

Yeah, I catch some crap from co-workers on the color but I have yet to see anything worthy that will race me. ie -They are jealous! I dont waste gas on accords and such. Eurotrash stomping on the highway is my favorite fun! I was joking. Don't think I don't love my car, I wouldn't be here if I didn't. Hardly anyone ever challenges me and I never pass up a race. I guess the point is - buy the car, you will not regret it.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
I have some thinking to do thats for sure. I really need to take a trip out and see this car.

Good idea. Mint 2003-4 cobras are becoming more rare every day. Remember that adding almost 100hp is very easy with basic mods. fipk, catback, pulley and tune.

Last edited:

Silver95

Established Member
Oh i know what the cars are capable of, no doubt. I love the fact that the motor can take such a large amount of power without breaking a sweat, and yes finding one unmolested and bone stock is nearly impossible!!

cobracide

Established Member
Oh i know what the cars are capable of, no doubt. I love the fact that the motor can take such a large amount of power without breaking a sweat, and yes finding one unmolested and bone stock is nearly impossible!!

Then don't let the color deter you. Drive it and you will not want to let this one pass buy, trust me. My friend is looking at amg's SL55 ($100,000 Mercedes) because he wants to be faster - LOL! After I get my wideband in, a 2.9x pulley is going in - he doesn't have a prayer. I will go TS if I ever lose.

Last edited:

Silver95

Established Member
Yeah probably right about that, heres some more pics i got from the owner. *Please let me know if you guys see ANYTHING that catches your eye guys. You know these cars better then I do, thanks.

DSCN5032.jpg

DSCN5034.jpg

DSCN5031.jpg

DSCN5033.jpg

DSCN5036.jpg

DSCN5042.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread