Z28

ViciousJay

Established Member
Too much flare for me, the wing has to go, the front splitter has to go and a few things needed to be painted but its actually not bad, but the rear is still ass ugly, me likes the catch can and LS7 they tossed in it. Looks like GM is headed in the right direction

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Hopefully we can get a 2015 Boss 351!!!

Cool looking Camaro though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Saw it in the other thread. I like the 2014 better than the 2013. I love the front end and I actually like the rear, too. I love that Chevy folks now have the choice of the SS or Z/28. And like I said in the other thread, I can't wait to see what the next gen Mustang looks like. Muscle car freaks are pretty much spoiled rotten between the Mustang and the Camaro. So pick your poison. :)

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
So a Z/28 that is basically a track car? I thought that was the point of the COPO cars. Pass...

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Is it just me or did it follow the Mustang front end by going round rectangle type of front end to a more square rectangle front end?

Coyote 2F2F

Established Member
I don't get it. What is going to happen to the ZL1? I thought that was their track oriented car Camaro.

gearhead08

Established Member
Not gonna lie I am drooling over the new Z-28 camaro. It looks pretty sick in my opinion. 100lbs lighter than the SS camaro I like the back it brings it back to the first gens. I LOVE IT. 500hp N/A Heads and cam mid 500rwhp all day long. It sounds like a more rugged car than the ZL1. Like 100% all out track car I really love the fact they put the LS7 in it. I would definitely get one of these right beside the GT500 if I had the money.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Z/28 looks really good. SS still looks like a transformer.

Guess the zl1 just couldnt cut it.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Not gonna lie I am drooling over the new Z-28 camaro. It looks pretty sick in my opinion. 100lbs lighter than the SS camaro I like the back it brings it back to the first gens. I LOVE IT. 500hp N/A Heads and cam mid 500rwhp all day long. It sounds like a more rugged car than the ZL1. Like 100% all out track car I really love the fact they put the LS7 in it. I would definitely get one of these right beside the GT500 if I had the money.
ZL1 Curb weight 4,120
SS Curb weight 3,860. These are the mfr claimed numbers for those two. If the Z/28 really is 300lbs lighter than the Zl1, it would put it in the SS range or a tad lighter, not 100lbs though. With that said, I do think its looking good specs wise, the rear though is ugly as well as the interior. I will say though that I would take this new gen Camaro over any other including the ZL1.

truefiveo

Established Member
If this car is anything over $35k, then GM can kiss my ass.

It was always pricing in this order.

ZL1>SS>Z28>RS

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

ZL1>SS>Z28>RS

GM will have to pucker up then...A base 1SS is roughly 34K, don't see them throwing in a 427, ZL1 goodies etc all for 35K. This car will most likely be in the GT500|ZL1 price range.

Jroc

Established Member

ZL1>SS>Z28>RS

Not in the original Gen1 Camaro's. The original Z/28's sported a badass 302ci motor and competed in the Trans Am series with the Boss 302's and a few others like Firebirds, Challengers, Barracuda's, Javelins, etc.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Not in the original Gen1 Camaro's. The original Z/28's sported a badass 302ci motor and competed in the Trans Am series with the Boss 302's and a few others like Firebirds, Challengers, Barracuda's, Javelins,

yep, the Z/28 was the flagship ass kicker in the GEN1 days

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Why don't they just come out with a whole new design at this point, I feel like I have been looking at the same car for like a decade once you count all the prototypes at all the shows in 2006 before it came to the market.

Users who are viewing this thread