Z06 158mph later

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Last weekend I (460rwhp Black 03 CObra) was heading to Tampa and on I-75 a Black Z06 pulss past me slows and speeds up. So I follow him for a while, he was doing 90 or so. That was a little better than the 84 I had on the cruise control. Well we get onto I-275 and he pulls on my bumper, no cars on this long stretch. Since I slowed to 80 and he was still there I knew he was wanting to run. I down shift into 3rd and he falls back 2 car lengths (I attribute to reaction time). By time I get into 4th he is 4-5 (est) car lengths back. About 140 I shift to 5th then at 4000rpm put her in 6th. He I assume was still in 5th cause he made 2 car lengths up on me. But the blower started to compensate and he never pulled any more. He shut down at 155 or so, I was at 158 by time I looked down. Maybe not the best kill but I was amazed how good the Cobra handled at those speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I've got a butt load of mods. HP stuff he had to deal with:
2.93 pulley (the 2.8 was in the trunk)
PHP twin fan heat exchanger
SCT tune by Ed CLark (4programs had this on the agressive road prog not the race)
BBK long tubes, BBK x-pipe
Accufab Single blade TB
Steeda CAI
MagnFlow cat-backs

I have some suspension upgrades, chasis and lowering mods so I think that really helped handling.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Nice Kill on the Z06. Looks like you have quite a runner there. I believe your suspension/chasis mods helped during the high speeds. (140+)

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
How do you not know how to drive a car at higher speeds...you simply shift at the appropriate point..not like they had to launch and the other driver couldn't do that...Good kil...

mr.aqua

Established Member
Z06 was Probably Stock. Not an impressive kill at all. Now with a z06 with bolt ons (intake, Exhaust, Chip,.. ect). The cobra will need to be in the 500+ WHP to beat one.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Warning

Originally posted by mr.aqua
Your point is _____ fill in the blank please
The point is quit shitting on a perfectly reasonable kill thread. You wanna start smack, keep it in Smack Down.

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
I CALL BS on this z06 should rape a cobra at higher speeds. the z06 didn't know how to drive

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Cobra is NOT stock!

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I CALL BS on this z06 should rape a cobra at higher speeds. the z06 didn't know how to drive

He did have his wife in the car but she looked like a small girl from the chest up. We both waved at each other as he pulled past at highway speed. Vehicle weights weren't much different I bet.

I do also have Corbeau race seats and rear seat delete. You can call BS till your blue in the face...you'll have as much luck as the Z06 owner last weekend. I have no top speed limiter or rev limiter here...Whipple in the garage baby. No doubt a modded Z06 would beat me..maybe! At least he was cool about it.
I'm sure there is a point aerodynamics come in to play but not up to 158mph as far as I could tell.

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
Good Kill!! Everyone thinks the Z06 is unbeatable. I have beat two in my 457rwhp '67 Coupe, from a stop light and another top end to 150. Also I have line up aginst two at a stop light on my '04 and they did not want to race. Go Figure. There is no BS here, just a good kill.:thumbsup:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Unbeatable? No car can make that claim, some are just harder than others. Both me an the Z owner had a little fun, pllus risking a night in jail with our cars impounded. I wonder if his heart was beating like mine!

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
I know what you mean. Went for a ride in my neighbors '02 vette that is putting 340 to the wheels. We were close to home and hit about 115, saw a car on the opposite side of the road, as soon as we got next to the car. Here is the motorcycle cop, just finished giving that person a ticket. He looked at us like WTF. Jumped on his bike, whipped around behind us. Then somehow never pulled us over, he pulled off into a side street. We about soiled ourselves.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
nice kill on a z06.. i've only raced one (and beat it three times back to back). really not a match for a pullied cobra. I've raped s2000s by football fields.. cobra > s2000 anyday of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread