Your job: Best and worst

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Fulltime, Im in law enforcement for a medium sized city south of Dallas and a in my part time Im an online fitness coach for Beachbody. The plan is to match and surpass my salary in law enforcement and have the option to work from home doing coaching and leave law enforcement. So far so good!

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
US Navy. any day is a good day we get to help people, be it helping a group of released hostages when the pirates finally got paid, or doing clean work from the floods and fires in australia. The worst part, today is day 180 away from home...

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
My local Ford dealer told me that improved quality has led to reduction in warranty work, and he's had to lay off some service technicians. Hope this doesn't affect you.[/QUOT

A big problem I see going on is that a lot of the customer pay jobs are going to independent shops because the dealer is so expensive. I am a diesel tech, so I stay knee deep in crap work that does not pay well. I have an a 6.4 torn down that spun a couple of rod bearings and tore the crank up; been back and forth with ESP warranty company on getting the customer a short block. I am working on getting out of this business, at the end of the year I will be finishing my bachelor's degree in business administration. I just don't know what will come after, I really want to get a steady paying job.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
USMC 0311/8154

Good: Getting to do do almost whatever you want and never having to stand post. Great training.

Bad: 2 weeks on/2 weeks off schedule not being able to go out and do anything. Someone feeling the need to treat everyone like a child when one person messes up and you've got 3 or 4 years on the person in charge of you.

Edit: Here's a video to show the best part of my job. I'm a shooter and I'm on the list right now to be a Breacher.

http://www.myspace.com/video/chrishamre/rtt-recapture-tactics-team/6570813

Last edited:

DRAGUL

Established Member
Service tech in the commercial food service industry. Best part is I am in different and multiple locations everyday. Get to work on all different types of equipment. Worst part is the on call duty. I never know when I am getting home. And the stress when the customers got only one piece of equipment that they rely on 90%, and it is broken and they are breathing down your neck to get it repaired.

But I do discover which places not to eat at.

Last edited:

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
Locomotive Engineer

Best: seeing the look and smile on kids faces when they ask you to blow the train whistle. Girls have tendency to show us their boobs all the time.

Worst: Killing Animals and people.

Last edited:

RaD28r

SVT FTW
Established Member
Process Improvement and Cost Reduction Consultant. Travel, meet interesting people, intellectually challenging situations, financially rewarding, flexible hours.

Your one of these guys...
bobs.jpg

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I do pick-ups/deliveries for a computer repair service and some minor things like virus removal and hardware/software installation.

Best part: Helping people out and learning

Worst part: Long drives through shitty traffic, having to find addresses in confusing areas (**** Coral Gables), stubborn/know-it-all clients

Can't wait to leave for Air Force BMT next month.

88TempoGLS

Established Member
I'm an auto mechanic and tow truck driver.

Best parts: engine and transmission jobs. Seeing carnage, and rolling cars back over. Oh, and watching people getting tasered!

worst parts: unhappy customers, hearing about deaths/injuries.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm an auto mechanic and tow truck driver.

Best parts: engine and transmission jobs. Seeing carnage, and rolling cars back over. Oh, and watching people getting tasered!

worst parts: unhappy customers, hearing about deaths/injuries.

Hey, I recognize you from the Tempo/Topaz forum. I have the 91 Tempo(Interceptor), I finally put the SVT Contour wheels on and they look pretty cool!

88TempoGLS

Established Member
Hey, I recognize you from the Tempo/Topaz forum. I have the 91 Tempo(Interceptor), I finally put the SVT Contour wheels on and they look pretty cool!

HEY! Awesome another T/T owner. You never posted pics of how they look. I'm curious cuz i like the look of the E1 CSVT rims.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
US Army

Best would be the health coverage and life insurance they provide for me and my faimly.

Worst would be deployments and some of the leadership is very questionable!

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I do building engineering.
Best: every job is like a puzzle, some easy some hard. Great pay and plenty of field time, a lot of time where I'm the only one in the office.

Worst: Workload is uneven in this economy. Boss dips and leaves his dipcup on his desk for days, shit makes me gag. Boss is also somewhat of a slob.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
USAF Security Forces-

Job Wise-

Pros- Nothing
Cons- Just bout Everything

Military Wise-

Pros- Guaranteed Paycheck
Cons- USAF wise starting to catch up to Job cons. Lost Focus

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
ICU RN. best part is knowing that you made a difference in someones life. Worst part is dealing with patient families(some families) and some asshole doctors.

X2,

I may add, I love not having to have to dress up for work. One can be yourself and have fun at your job.

The worst includes dealing with the public

Users who are viewing this thread