Your job: Best and worst

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Got the idea from a thread in the donut shop. Hopefully it hasn't been done before.

What's do you do, and what's the best and worst part of your job?

SVTFAN09

...its it fast?
Established Member
Got the idea from a thread in the donut shop. Hopefully it hasn't been done before.

What's do you do, and what's the best and worst part of your job?

Im a PC Tech for a maw and paw shop, the bests of my job is when i can tear em down, rebuild em etc. the worst is when a customer will call in with a problem such as the screen wont come on, then when i run to their house on a service call.. they didnt have the monitor plugged up or was pressing the wrong button :fm:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Was ATC and now airfield management. Best part is it's easy and I work 4 10hr shifts a week. Worst part is dealing with pilots.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I make signs. Best part is I can make anything I want outta vinyl. I made my own bumper inserts. And we also have a router that can cut basically anything. So if I wanted to make a rear seat delete I could.

Worst part is in the summer when construction company's order thousands of 4'x4' signs. After they get the orange part of the sign put on it, we need to trim every side of the sign. Gets very repetitive very fast.

MissGT23

Established Member
I work in parts at Ford, I don't really have best or worst part about it, because I enjoy doing all that has to be done with cars. :)
Especially with Mustangs.

scottminot

Established Member
Work for a big U.S. defense contractor.

Best thing: I make pretty good money for my area and the benefits are pretty good.

Worst thing: Not knowing if I'll have a job from day to day. New contracts are few and far between lately and people are being laid off almost weekly for the past year. Oh, and my boss is a royal c*nt.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in medical x-ray repair. The best part: working with high voltage and radiation, and knowing this equipment can help people. All the new digital equipment is particularly fascinating.

The worst part: the stress level can get pretty high.

Jim Snover

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
BMW mechanic

Best: good money for my age and horsing around a lot in the shop

Worst: problem cars can be a real bummer, and the amount of money I can make is not always in my hands or garanteed

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I work at a collision center.

Best part: Every day is different and job stability.

Worst: Long hours and very unpredictable. Some days are busier than others, and you never know what you're getting into until the car is torn down.

ramstein

Established Member
ICU RN. best part is knowing that you made a difference in someones life. Worst part is dealing with patient families(some families) and some asshole doctors.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I am a Ford Technician, hard to think of the best part of my job. The worst part of my job is not having a steady check because of the commission only pay.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
Just started training for my new job this week. So far it's been great, company really takes care of us.

Bad rite now is having to train in Michigan for the next 6 months. And it's gonna be damn hot in there in the summertime.

trickflow coupe

Established Member
im in the USMC as an infantry machine gunner

best part going out to the range to shoot/blowing shit up with machine guns/serving my country

worst part dealing with the assholes in charge of me that make everything gay

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
Recruiter for a energy services contractor.
Best part: The ability to put people to work, and hiring some awesome craftspeople.
Worst part: Getting a call at 8am "Hey I need 50 welders by 2pm and they need to have, (list 10 different certifications here)."

Last

Established Member
I own a franchise

Best part of doing that is the money

Worst part is 24/7 stress about employees/money/upper management/people not doing things properly/leases/etc...

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I work for a .com printing company.

Best: Relaxed work atmosphere

Worst: Having to manage people

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
im in the USMC as an infantry machine gunner

best part going out to the range to shoot/blowing shit up with machine guns/serving my country

worst part dealing with the assholes in charge of me that make everything gay

I can see how that would be fun. hahaha. Thanks for your service. :beer:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Process Improvement and Cost Reduction Consultant. Travel, meet interesting people, intellectually challenging situations, financially rewarding, flexible hours.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I am a Ford Technician, hard to think of the best part of my job. The worst part of my job is not having a steady check because of the commission only pay.

My local Ford dealer told me that improved quality has led to reduction in warranty work, and he's had to lay off some service technicians. Hope this doesn't affect you.

Users who are viewing this thread