Your Goals at the Track

stang99

It gets to be even more fun as you add additonal tanks of 91 octane to your blended tank. You figure the blended amount in with the new stuff and then you have a new tank. After awhile the octane is so close to 91 that it does not matter, but, if you start with 94, the first few refills leave you at 91.5 or more for about three tanks.
$20 of Trick unleaded 101 octane at $4.25 a gallon makes my car happy for quite a few miles.

Originally posted by captain4g63
Your exacty right P. Next time someone tries to tell you a 16 oz bottle of some octane booster will give you 100+ octane in your 5 gallon tank, you'll know they need to pull out their 8-bit hatachi calculator and rethink that.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
What! You have 4.10s?!

Yup. Now all I have to do is practice and match your driving ability, and 11s are mine.

I've got 25 passes under my belt. More than half of those included at least 1 blown shift. Still learning.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
Yup. Now all I have to do is practice and match your driving ability, and 11s are mine.

I've got 25 passes under my belt. More than half of those included at least 1 blown shift. Still learning.

So, you had them last weekend....Or is this new?

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Yeah, I've had them for all 25 of my passes. Never had to learn to transition from dragging w/3.55 since I've been learning to drag with the 4.10s since the beginning.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
brian runs 100 octane all the time. thats just the way his car is tuned and he feels safe with it like that. it also helps that he is an awesome driver. just wait for sals...

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker
brian runs 100 octane all the time. thats just the way his car is tuned and he feels safe with it like that. it also helps that he is an awesome driver. just wait for sals...

Octane in great; running lean, advanced timming....good times.

P.S. water has 6 times the octane rating of pump gas, use accordingly

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
What are your rpms at the traps with the 411s? Close to RL?

I believe trapping 117, I was at about 6200-6300 rpm. Last time we went to C-bad that big bad black '03 with 500+ rwhp was running 4.10s, and said he was at 7000 rpms trapping 120. According to Tetge, his claim is mathematically impossible, and trapping 120 would be at a lower rpm.

My rev-limiter has been bumped up to 7000, just in case I eventually can trap high enough to need it. Though I would be over-spinning the hell out of the Eaton, I still think it's better than shifting to 5th, ET-wise.

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
I don't know about a flip chip. I've heard of not so good results from them. Maybe it's something the user is doing wrong though. Franky seemed to be doing just fine with his.

I'm running a flip with 1 program and i have no probs whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread